New BOG Dinner Menu

This new menu is going to be an epic flop, IMO. Expect to see changes within weeks.

The adult menu doesn't seem too bad. But, I think they may run into some serious issues with the kid's offerings ... especially at the $35 price-point.

I really like the looks of the new menu - more variety than I originally thought. The price seems a little steep - even for Disney, but 'changes' always seem to be an excuse to go up on menu prices! :(

But, in complete honesty, we were totally content with the braised pork at lunch! :) Not sure we will try the dinner for the price. For sure would not if we had children to consider - what a rip!

The adult menu is fine. Basically the same as before.

That kids menu though is laughable

Maybe they don’t want kids in there for dinner service

Works for me since it’s two adults lol

Still funny though with it being in magic kingdom.

I actually think the menu looks much better than expected all things considered. Excited to try this in November.

I assume Tables in Wonderland can still be used at dinner!

Overall, I'm disappointed in the changes at BOG. I liked the a la carte menu. I don't like being forced to buy more food than I can eat at expensive prices. It used to be a haven for adults wanting a beer or glass of wine. Now, it's a meet and greet at $55 and $35 per person. We spent $55 an adult before, but it was the way we wanted to spend our money (entree, split desserts, have a few drinks).

The Skipper Canteen has become my new favorite at MK.

The adult menu is fine. Basically the same as before.

That kids menu though is laughable

Maybe they don’t want kids in there for dinner service

Works for me since it’s two adults lol

Still funny though with it being in magic kingdom.
What about the kids menu makes you think it’s not kid friendly? To me they seem like 4 pretty good options.

A cheese plate, macaroni and cheese, a drink, and a cupcake for $35 seems like a good option?

The previous menu had the same as above, minus the cheese plate, for $15.

I agree the Kids Appetizers are a disappointment at this price point and the dessert as well frankly. I would either lower the price point, get rid of the appetizers and lower the price point or really bump up the Desserts.

I won't bring my kids for dinner but if it's me and another adult or my 16 year I would try the adult menu for the out of pocket price.

A cheese plate, macaroni and cheese, a drink, and a cupcake for $35 seems like a good option?

The previous menu had the same as above, minus the cheese plate, for $15.
Oh I agree with you the price point is ridiculous. I thought you were saying that the menu wasn’t kid friendly in terms of the food. Before the menu was released there was a lot of speculation that it might be too exotic, based on the adult offerings. That doesn’t seem to be the case. But the price is definitely high.

We did BOG in 2015 and had a good meal. I booked it again for DD12 and myself for November. I like the new menu and we will be keeping our ADR. We will be doing lunch on arrival day and dinner on our last day. I don't think the adult pricing is that bad.

The kid menu isn't that far off from other signatures. The challenge is that it's $5-10 more for the three courses than you'd pay at CG, Narcoossee's or Yachtsman.

Oh I agree with you the price point is ridiculous. I thought you were saying that the menu wasn’t kid friendly in terms of the food. Before the menu was released there was a lot of speculation that it might be too exotic, based on the adult offerings. That doesn’t seem to be the case. But the price is definitely high.
Based on the way Disney prices other experiences, I think the new prices are actually in line, if not a “value”. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a price increase closer to CRT level in the near future.

Based on the way Disney prices other experiences, I think the new prices are actually in line, if not a “value”. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a price increase closer to CRT level in the near future.

I agree.

I'm waiting for lunch and dinner to switch over too and be pricier. Too many people making an ADR for four people and getting one breakfast entrée or one cupcake at lunch.

The kid menu isn't that far off from other signatures. The challenge is that it's $5-10 more for the three courses than you'd pay at CG, Narcoossee's or Yachtsman.

But all of these are ala carte and have way more choices for appetizers and Desserts then this menu.

What this menu doesn't account for is the child who is 10+ and picky. Ugh. I don't think my daughter will eat from that adult menu!

I'm in the Same boat my 11 year old his not only picky but allergic to nuts so very limited on what he can eat I usually feed him off the child menu.

I don't think the menu is that out there. It's just worded all "fancy."

A steak? Pork tenderloin? Pan seared chicken? It's not that out there.

The entrees aren't the problem for me at all in either the adult or the kids menu but a salad and a cheese plate as the only entrees, and fruit or yogurt or a cupcake for dessert at $35 makes no sense. Even at wedding halls they charge you $25 per child and they get cocktail hour, tenders and fries and cake and Viennese hour.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter