New appliances - opinion please

Why is Samsung refrigerators so bad ?
Model # RT18M6213SG

Samsung 17.6-cu ft Top-Freezer Refrigerator (Fingerprint-Resistant Black Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR
4 star consumer rating

:confused: Then why on earth do you do it? Do you routinely disregard proper operating instructions for things?

I'll tell you why we rinse. We only run our dishwasher every 3 days when it is full, and I don't believe it will clean dishes with food stuck on them for 3 days.

I have all GE appliances since I remodeled 3 years ago and have been very happy with them.

Random reminder - always turn off your water when you go on vacation. There are several things that can fail and flood your house.

Dishwasher-had a Kitchenaide when we bought the house in 1994. It was avocado green whichny pls me it had been there since the 70s. It was ugly but worked fine. We had other priorities to spend our $ on so we had that dishwasher for another 10 -15 years. Worked like a champ. Sounded like a freight train pulling into the kitchen but worked like a champ. Replaced it with a Miele which has been fine so far and my plates fit fine both depth and height.

Fridge is a French door style Samsung with bottom freezer. Ice maker freezes up and has since day 1. DH called Samsung. Yes it’s a known defect. No they’re not going to fix it. Appliance repair says $500 to fix. DH bought a steamer thing for about $50 so about every 3 weeks when it gets frozen it’s very with ice he defrosts it. We’ll never buy anything thing from Samsung again.

I had all new GE appliances...never again. The refrigerator ended up needing 3 new compressors, the dishwasher doesn't clean and the stove temperature isn't anywhere near accurate(randomly can be 100 degrees off). The fridge is now dead and replaced and can't wait to replace the rest. That said all appliances are pretty much garbage now. I may try Bosch.

Dishwasher-had a Kitchenaide when we bought the house in 1994. It was avocado green whichny pls me it had been there since the 70s. It was ugly but worked fine. We had other priorities to spend our $ on so we had that dishwasher for another 10 -15 years. Worked like a champ. Sounded like a freight train pulling into the kitchen but worked like a champ. Replaced it with a Miele which has been fine so far and my plates fit fine both depth and height.

Fridge is a French door style Samsung with bottom freezer. Ice maker freezes up and has since day 1. DH called Samsung. Yes it’s a known defect. No they’re not going to fix it. Appliance repair says $500 to fix. DH bought a steamer thing for about $50 so about every 3 weeks when it gets frozen it’s very with ice he defrosts it. We’ll never buy anything thing from Samsung again.
One of the issues is customer expectation. People going from products made 20 or more years ago, which were work-horses built to last to today’s modern versions expect them to be huge improvements. They’re not. They may have many more exciting features, but they also have way more things to go wrong and a planned-obsolescence cycle.

My DMom’s portable Maytag dishwasher was circa 1975 and still going strong when we moved her into a senior’s lodge in 2012. I wonder what ever happened to it? It’s probably still in use somewhere today. :goodvibes

I remodeled early this year and went with Samsung appliances that I'm happy with. I want to make a point about my refrigerator, i got the model with the freezer drawer on the bottom and it's a game changer for me. Now I can pull out the freezer drawer and easily see what's inside (I had a side by side before) i had not fully think of the usefulness but now love it.

You should consider power consumption when you replace appliances. Refrigerators and dryers in particular are power-sucks.

We have a GE refrigerator and have had no issues with it. For a dishwasher, when our Bosch died we bought a Miele and it's amazing! I can fill it with the dirtiest dishes - I seldom rinse - and they come out spotless. It's also the quietest dishwasher I've ever had. I often have to look at the panel to see if it's running or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter