Nemesis Challenge 2

I hit a road block with my groin. I feel I need to run but am afraid of running and making it worse and not being able to give it my best in Jan.I am shooting for a 7 mile run this week an 8/9 mile run next week (with some 3 milers in there) and see how I do. .
I really wanted to try and run with the big boys this yr. But I am not sure how well that is going to go over. I think yrs of beer and wings have made my progress a little slower then I would have liked. I am not giving up !!!!

I hit a road block with my groin. I feel I need to run but am afraid of running and making it worse and not being able to give it my best in Jan.I am shooting for a 7 mile run this week an 8/9 mile run next week (with some 3 milers in there) and see how I do. .
I really wanted to try and run with the big boys this yr. But I am not sure how well that is going to go over. I think yrs of beer and wings have made my progress a little slower then I would have liked. I am not giving up !!!!

Sorry to hear about the groin Carl. I know those "road blocks" are pretty darn heavy...sure to have done some major damage to you.

Maybe we can get Harbeson to enlighten us on the heaviness of those "road blocks". :thumbsup2

I hit a road block with my groin.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: If you were going to hit a roadblock with anything, using your groin would probably be pretty down on my list. Maybe a shoulder, or hip or something. But not going at it groin first. Ouch.

Just kidding of course. Hope you heal up good for January.

Well, runDisney put up the corral assignments this afternoon. They seem to have changed things quite a bit from last year. Looks like much smaller corrals that will go off closer together. I looked them up for those of you who posted your bib #'s but you may want to double check.

Justin - 44262 - corral H
Randall - 52452 - corral P
Steve - 47197 - corral L
Barry - 42472 - corral F
Carl - 44503 - corral I
Paul - 40473 - corral B

Well, runDisney put up the corral assignments this afternoon. They seem to have changed things quite a bit from last year. Looks like much smaller corrals that will go off closer together. I looked them up for those of you who posted your bib #'s but you may want to double check.

Steve - 47197 - corral L
Barry - 42472 - corral F
Carl - 44503 - corral I
Paul - 40473 - corral B

Does this mean I am NOT in the last corral??

Steve - 47197 - corral L
Barry - 42472 - corral F
Carl - 44503 - corral I
Paul - 40473 - corral B

How do I access this??

Correct, you are not last. Can be found on the runDisney website under Runner Info on the WDW Marathon Weekend page.

Woohoo Im not last! woo hooo! Now how far apart do they start the corrals?

ok guys now that corral assignments have been given,what are your plans? Seems like we are spread out in different corrals. I know there are others that havent posted their corrals yet.
What are your plans?? Are you planning on staying in you corral and just starting from there? Are you looking to drop back and start with others?
As of now I have no clue what I am doing. I want to start with others and go as long as I can hang then maybe fall back and join in with some later corrals.Or hopefully be able to hang the whole way.I dont know how it will turn out.But I do know I want to run with others to enhance the enjoyment.But I dont want to hold others back from their pace.
So just putting this out there to see where others stand and maybe it will help me decide.I am doing this for the experience and the fun of doing it.I can admit I am not nearly as far along as I have hoped to be. If there are going to be little groups from to run with I will do my best to fit in where ever it may be :)

Worked out the problem with DD not listed as a participant. Active.com's fault Called Run Disney and they changed the name and she is now on the registration. The problem is that the bib was already sent to be printed so she will run with "CJ" on her bib. Her number is 31898 and is starting in corral G (4:05 - 4:15 for the full).

Should I be getting so excited for this Trip/run yet??? Cause I am so stoked

With about a month to go and while I continue to train, there is no realistic chance that I will be able to do the 5K (I know pitiful). So if anyone who hasn't registered and wants my bib, send me a PM. Would hate for the registration go to waste.

With about a month to go and while I continue to train, there is no realistic chance that I will be able to do the 5K (I know pitiful). So if anyone who hasn't registered and wants my bib, send me a PM. Would hate for the registration go to waste.

CJ, I think if you start and just walk, they'll pick you up soon and give you a medal. :) I think that is what I will do for the half.

Did my last ling run today. Best weather we've had in a month before the temps drop 50 degrees over the next 24 hours or so. Run was decent though some idiot nearly ran me over running a stop sign. Got myself a nice blister on the arch of my foot that I hope heals up in the next week. Shouldn't have worn different socks than I'm used to. We're in the home stretch guys!

jmwest said:
Did my last ling run today. Best weather we've had in a month before the temps drop 50 degrees over the next 24 hours or so. Run was decent though some idiot nearly ran me over running a stop sign. Got myself a nice blister on the arch of my foot that I hope heals up in the next week. Shouldn't have worn different socks than I'm used to. We're in the home stretch guys!

Nice job Jim. I've been following your runs and you have really progressed. You'll have no problem at the 1/2. Great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter