Need advice. First time here.

Instead of day tickets, consider a after hours party they are cheaper than s one day ticket and the best part you dont need Fast passes.
Dont forget you can visit the pools / food courts at the other two all star resorts.
You can always take any of the Disney Transportation after you take the bus to where they are. ( ferry , monorail, skyliner)
And like others said Disney springs or the boardwalk can be fun and they are free

OP’s son is performing at MK during the day, so After Hours wouldn’t help.

The only places within waking distance would be the other All Star Resorts and Mcdonalds.

You'll have access to Disney transportation. You could check out other resorts. Go shopping, dine, or just walk around Disney Springs. Ask the front desk for a Disney's transportation guide.

One day tickets are expensive. Price breaks are given on multiday passes.

I just looked, do not buy on undercover tourist it's about 4 dollars higher than buying directly on WDW site
I was about to post this when I read this message. Yes, UT can be more expensive for a ticket, especially for a one day ticket. They do indicate that their ticket is more money than at the Park gate, right on the ticket order so no surprises. Good company, IMHO.
Have a magical day!😊

Really the only way to save on 1 day tickets is to buy discounted gift cards and use those to pay for the ticket.

Disney doesn't want you walking around the property, most roads don't have sidewalks. There are a few exceptions, but not many. If you want to just walk, I'd suggest taking the bus to DHS. From there, you can walk away from the theme park, and there is a path around the lake that connects a few of the hotels between DHS & Epcot. See this post -> https://www.disboards.com/threads/maps-by-robo-wdw-places-how-to-get-there.3545729/post-56460969 and look for the DHS to Epcot map. Or as a PP said, you can take the bus to Disney Springs and walk around there. Disney Springs will have more to do (shopping, dining, and sometimes bands and such) while the DHS/Epcot resorts will generally be quieter.

Pricing for tickets, resorts, and even some restaurants varies at Walt Disney World based on seasons. Basically the busier the season, the more expensive the pricing. You are going to be in Walt Disney World during one of the most expensive seasons of the whole year, which is why it’s $150 for a one day ticket. I’m going to the parks for one day the week after you and a park hopper ticket is $179. It really sounds like you might be better suited to stay at a deluxe resort if you can afford it (it would be considerably more expensive than the room you have booked). The All-Star resorts are not at all what I would consider relaxing. The only dining options they offer are cafeteria style food courts. If you were to stay at a deluxe resort you would have multiple dining options that you could walk to easily because they would be inside your resort. Not only that but your room would have a balcony where you could sit and have a drink or people watch or just relax. We have stayed at almost all the deluxe resorts and with the exception of maybe the Polynesian they are all fairly quiet and relaxing. If you stay at the All-Stars you can use Disney transportation to get to any restaurant on property. There are so many! If you download the My Disney Experience app on your phone you can see all the menus and make a dining reservation.

I get the sense you guys haven't ever been to WDW before, so I'm going to go with basic info;

1) Disney transportation (boats, buses, monorails, Skyliners) are free to use. For example, you can bus to a park, like MK, and then hop a monorail if you want to go to a different resort to eat/rest if you want to; such as Polynesian.
2) At your hotel, the free transport is of the bus variety.
3) Buses can take you to and from any park, water park, or Disney Springs. Buses run about an hour before park open, and even after park close. They tend to show up around every 20 min.
4) Disney Springs is a huge "town center" type place with restaurants, and a ton of shops.
5) Your resort and the sister All-Star resorts have food courts where you can get a variety of food choices all under one roof.
6) The time of year you are going is going to be busy. The hotel will be hoppin' and the Magic Kingdom will be hectic as well. Just be ready for people. lol
7) Yes, a one day ticket bought directly from Disney is probably your best bet. The only discount is as others have said; get discounted gift cards (like at Sam's) and buy your ticket with that, or just bite the bullet and buy it full price, which is easier.
8) Make your 3 Fastpasses (make sure each of you is set up on My Disney Experience) up to 60 days in advance. Your ticket needs to be linked on MDX, as well as you hotel reservation.
9) I would study a map of MK if you haven't already, it will help figuring out the layout and you can see and plan where you want to be when the band marches.

I know it’s you son’s birthday (ds21 has his 18th birthday at WDW with choir), but when my kids have traveled with choir, they were basically allowed to say hi to us in passing, the rest of the time were scheduled events with choir, or touring with their group.

Thanks again everyone! Just wanted to add we are staying at the All Star Music hotel because that’s the hotel the band is staying at and where the school’s travel agent booked us.

Oh, and yes, can consider us “first timers” although I’ve been to Disney twice, back in 1982 and 1999 but that was way before cell phones, apps , Epcot, and a lot of the attractions they offer now. There just wasn’t all of this technology and fast pass stuff back then. It was just all so simple. 😌

Oh, and yes, can consider us “first timers” although I’ve been to Disney twice, back in 1982 and 1999 but that was way before cell phones, apps , Epcot, and a lot of the attractions they offer now. There just wasn’t all of this technology and fast pass stuff back then. It was just all so simple. 😌

I have only been to WDW once and I went only to the Magic Kingdom, on Christmas Day! So I know how overwhelming all the info is for a first timer. Great advice here about downloading the app, buying your tickets and then linking them to your account. If you need help, call Disney. They are quick to answer any questions and are super helpful and friendly over the phone. I called a dozen times at least before my first visit!

I would suggest booking some of these non-coaster rides for your fast passes:
-Splash Mountain (fun for everyone and the line is long!)
-Peter Pan’s Flight (beautiful classic ride with a long line)
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Haunted Mansion

Try to book your fast passes starting in late morning and early afternoon. Remember that each fastpass has an hour long window to use it, and the windows can’t overlap. Hope that helps :)

Im looking on the website a bit more and see all the restaurants and “book reservation” options.
—Isn’t there any eating places where one can just walk in and order just like a chicken salad and a water, wipe your mouth with a paper napkin, and pay your $10? Without need of any reservations or filet mignon on the side?

Im looking on the website a bit more and see all the restaurants and “book reservation” options.
—Isn’t there any eating places where one can just walk in and order just like a chicken salad and a water, wipe your mouth with a paper napkin, and pay your $10? Without need of any reservations or filet mignon on the side?

Of course. There are plenty of quick service (also called counter-service) restaurants in all parks.

Yes there are plenty of options. You can see all of the menus for all quick service dining on the website or app.

Might be closer to $20, but the water is free. ;)

This place is advertising $59 day passes to Disney, good any day. —Is it too good to be
true?!

new.orlandoparkdeals.com/walt-disney-world/disney-1-ticket/

You could also try to arrange a meet up at one of the adjacent hotels (which I recommend you tour anyway (if you want to walk about) they are all accessible via monorail or boat from the Magic Kingdom. All have really great places to eat, not all super pricey, and if he can get away for an hour or 2 that would be the way to go. We always make sure we visit at least 2 of them each visit. Especially since you aren't all that into rides, etc. It's going to be very busy that week. If you do decide to go to the park, you can still take a boat or monorail over to the resorts, and be sure to book fps at 60 days out.

This place is advertising $59 day passes to Disney, good any day. —Is it too good to be
true?!

new.orlandoparkdeals.com/walt-disney-world/disney-1-ticket/
Yes and no... at the bottom of the page you will see this. “ THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF VACATION OWNERSHIP PLANS.”

If you were willing to spend about half a day sitting through a high pressure sales pitch to buy a timeshare you could get tickets for the special price.

I own at a timeshare, so I am not against them but I would not be willing to take this “deal.”

I have only been to WDW once and I went only to the Magic Kingdom, on Christmas Day! So I know how overwhelming all the info is for a first timer. Great advice here about downloading the app, buying your tickets and then linking them to your account. If you need help, call Disney. They are quick to answer any questions and are super helpful and friendly over the phone.
Actually, you’re probably better off asking a question here then calling Disney😉.

Oof! Thanks!! I didn’t see the timeshare disclaimer. I did that once before. Not worth my time. Thank you for the pointing out. 👍

Im looking, too, for a Saturday catholic mass at it near Disney as we will be there on Easter. Since we check out though on Easter morning, I’d prefer a Saturday mass if possible anywhere (a regular, one hour mass, not the 3 hour vigil mass though). Any ideas?

And, yes! This forum is the best thing I’ve found about this trip. Hands down! Thanks everyone!!

Oof! Thanks!! I didn’t see the timeshare disclaimer. I did that once before. Not worth my time. Thank you for the pointing out. 👍

Im looking, too, for a Saturday catholic mass at it near Disney as we will be there on Easter. Since we check out though on Easter morning, I’d prefer a Saturday mass if possible anywhere (a regular, one hour mass, not the 3 hour vigil mass though). Any ideas?

And, yes! This forum is the best thing I’ve found about this trip. Hands down! Thanks everyone!!

Disney usually offers some sort of religious services at the Contemporary on Easter Sunday (usually different services at different times) and may offer some Saturday as well. Usually not published until closer, but you may be able to see what they did last year if you look around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter