Need advice. First time here.

kasniak

Earning My Ears
Hi. Thanks in advance for your help. It’s my first time here on these boards.
I’m looking for a one day pass for my husband and I. However, I only see a cost of $150. Ouch. Is there any way of getting a less expensive one day pass??
I don’t really want to go more than one day as I prefer something more calmer and peaceful, but my son will be there with his high school band that day parading the magic kingdom. The school could offer no one day pass group discounts.
Also, we are staying in the music hotel. Is there any place within walking distance I can walk to, relax, enjoy, etc? And, any reasonably priced restaurants around there?

Sorry for all the questions! My son will be with the school band most of the time and my husband and I just want to meet up that one day and then spend the following day by ourselves just enjoying a “down day” after a 1,200 mile flight there.
thanks.

Unfortunately one day only tickets are the most expensive. I don't know of anywhere to buy a cheaper one.

There is no relaxing places to walk to from All Star Music. You may want to take the bus to Disney Springs the next day. You don't need a ticket for that. But depending on the day, it may be busy.

As far as reasonably priced restaurants, you could uber to one off site if you won't have a car. Otherwise you could use the my disney experience app to book a restaurant in either a resort or Disney Springs.

My Disney Experience is the app you use to book fast passes and disney restaurants.

So - first I would download the my disney experience app and sign up for that. Then add your spouse. Then buy you both your one day tickets - you will have to choose the exact date you are going to be in the Magic Kingdom. And you will assign the tickets to each person as you buy it. I usually do all ticket buying on the disney website because I find it easier.
Then I would book a lunch or dinner at a restaurant in Disney Springs on the day you want to relax if you decide you don't want to leave the property to eat. I really like the Boathouse or Art Smith's Homecoming. You can actually find the menus at wdwinfo.com which is handled by the people who do these message boards. If you don't want to eat table service there are many quick service restaurants at Disney Springs too. You could even go to a movie at Disney Springs or go bowling.

Then 60 days before your trip you can use the my disney experience app to book your Fast Passes in the Magic Kingdom.

I hope I haven't confused you. Have fun!

I agree with prior post, check Undercover Tourist. Check the ticket with a start date as long as you know the exact day you are going to the park, this will save you money. If it doesnt seem you are saving enough you could try getting Disney giftcards (yes you can use these to buy a WDW ticket) at a discount. For instance, if you have a Sam's club membership you can buy $75 giftcards for $71.98. So if the tickets truly are $150 the day that you go, you would save $12 off that price. There are other clubs that offer discounts, check around.

I do not have experience at All Star Music but check out the WDW website and you can find out what kind of counter service restaurants there are in the area and check out menus with prices. Good Luck, hope you have a wonderful time!!

Disney Springs, Earl of Sandwich for great cheap food.
For tickets, if you can’t get the military discount, try at least paying for it with discounted Disney Gift Cards. Sam’s Club can be up to 4% off and if you have a Target red card, you can get 5% off.

Disney Springs is almost a park unto itself! Lots of shopping, restaurants/bars, foodtrucks, entertainment. Really good time there

Disney Springs is almost a park unto itself! Lots of shopping, restaurants/bars, foodtrucks, entertainment. Really good time there. It is all outdoors though so it is not set up like a mall. Not so good if its pouring rain.

My main advice would be to get Fastpass+ ahead of time. At MK you want it for rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain on hot days (these are my personal favorites that get really long lines). You can get 3 Fastpasses 60 days ahead of time since you’re staying on site. After you use those 3, you can get more on the app (one at a time and subject to availability. If something’s not available, keep refreshing the app and something might eventually show up).

Also, go before park opening. Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the great help everyone!! You are all truly a great wealth of information and are the best thing I have found so far in planning this trip. 🙂
My husband and I leave April 9th although our son leaves April 7th with the school band. My son’s birthday is April 9th, so we wanted to share some part of the day with him! April 10th would be the day the school band parades in the park so that’s our day to be there. The band goes to Epcot and leaves for home the evening of the 11th, and so that will be my husband and my “down” day until we hook back up with our hopper, band kid. One more night at the hotel then we will be checking out for travel to Cape Kennedy the 12th to 13th. We still need to find a hotel in that area for one night and get a rental car on the 12th. Then off to visit some cousins near Fort Myers for the remainder of the time.

I will look at the fast passes. My husband and I don’t do roller coasters anymore, but we can see what “tamer” rides might have a fast pass.
Thanks again everyone!!

Also note that Disney Springs does not require a ticket to enter. It's open to the public like any other shopping center would be. Now, once there, you'll find there are fees for the activities there. Beyond the restaurants and shops are a movie theater, bowling, NBA experience, tethered hot air balloon rides, and more.

Instead of day tickets, consider a after hours party they are cheaper than s one day ticket and the best part you dont need Fast passes.
Dont forget you can visit the pools / food courts at the other two all star resorts.
You can always take any of the Disney Transportation after you take the bus to where they are. ( ferry , monorail, skyliner)
And like others said Disney springs or the boardwalk can be fun and they are free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter