NBA Playoffs - Who ya got?

Great game last night. Happy I stayed up. Missed Sunday all day as it was beautiful here. What happened in the game four loss (GSW). Was it the Nuggets will to not go down? Or a GS issue? (Yes I could not be lazy and go look for the recap!).

Timberwolves and Grizzlies - what a bat **** crazy series. :rotfl2:

Game 4 of Warriors-Nuggets? Warriors were down by 2 and in a good 2 for 1 (try to get two shots to the opponent's 1 shot) position with about 33 seconds to go. Draymond Green would have been the preferred inbounder, but he fouled out. So they had Otto Porter Jr. inbound, with a designed play to go to Andrew Wiggins for a lob and hopefully quick score. The Nuggets had seen it before, and one issue was he didn't lob it high enough and it was up for grabs where it resulted in a turnover. But it would have been amazing if it had worked. I think with better execution it might have been a tie game and the Warriors in a better position to defend.

But it was a gentleman's sweep (lose one on the road). The Warriors were the better team, but they were having problems with the Nuggets size. Jokic is an absolute beast with skills.

. Jokic is an absolute beast with skills.
Why yes he is!
Thank you. Did Green yap as he was fouled out? No need to answer. :laughing:

+-++++++++

Good on New Orleans. What a fight. Good. On. Them.

Happy I stayed up for Dallas and Utah.
Helped me leave this alone -

Argh on Toronto. So hard to see them go out like that. At the half - one point game - I changed the stream to Pelicans and Suns. And stayed for a bit. Checked the score on the phone and thought, Have I gone crazy? Umm unfortunately not. And then stayed with Pelicans and Suns until two minutes to go. Hid out.

Embiid is crazy talented but still so immature. Hope Miami finds a way. But I do not know how they will deal with him size wise.

Argh on Toronto. So hard to see them go out like that. At the half - one point game - I changed the stream to Pelicans and Suns. And stayed for a bit. Checked the score on the phone and thought, Have I gone crazy? Umm unfortunately not. And then stayed with Pelicans and Suns until two minutes to go. Hid out.

Embiid is crazy talented but still so immature. Hope Miami finds a way. But I do not know how they will deal with him size wise.
Calling in “sad” to work this morning. :sad1: Super-proud of those guys though; just a class act from start to finish. That Pascal could even look at Embiid afterwards, let alone be congenial says a lot.

I am a diehard suns fan and if they don't go all the way this year especially after the year they have had It will be really sad. Booker and cp3 are my favorite players.

That looks pretty bad for Marcus Smart. Looks like maybe a dislocated elbow since he's holding it awkwardly. Not that I would feel bad for him after his reckless play injured Stephen Curry.

Crazy finish. Not sure why Draymond Green got called for a flagrant-2 and ejected. But it was nuts seeing so many missed free throws including Klay Thompson missing two that would have pushed the lead to 3. However, it looked like it should have been Warriors ball, although there were no challenges left but I'm not sure why they didn't check the replay in the last two minutes. But the Grizzlies had the last shot and pushed it really hard for a wild finish.

Crazy finish. Not sure why Draymond Green got called for a flagrant-2 and ejected. But it was nuts seeing so many missed free throws including Klay Thompson missing two that would have pushed the lead to 3. However, it looked like it should have been Warriors ball, although there were no challenges left but I'm not sure why they didn't check the replay in the last two minutes. But the Grizzlies had the last shot and pushed it really hard for a wild finish.

And the officiating was atrocious on top of that. It's tough playing 5 on 8.

That looks pretty bad for Marcus Smart. Looks like maybe a dislocated elbow since he's holding it awkwardly. Not that I would feel bad for him after his reckless play injured Stephen Curry.
But here's the thing. There was zero intent with the play between Curry and Smart. And every player has reckless moments, at some point. So why not feel bad for him right now - it sucks to not be healthy at these moments. Must be agonizing for players.

Have not googled an update on him..

Crazy finish.

And even though I picked GS to win it all, and it is only one game in a series - what an unfortunate loss for the Grizzlies to have in game one.

And you know how I hate how Green can scream at the refs and get nothing while others say boo and get t'ed up....well -

That was utterly absolute nonsense for Green to be called for a flagrant 2. Embarrassing for the refs.

Last edited:
In other news -

Ja Morant has made my playoffs so much damn fun. (But sighed for him on the last shot).

His selfish, ridiculous and thirsty father, not so much.

But here's the thing. There was zero intent with the play between Curry and Smart. And every player has reckless moments, at some point. So why not feel bad for him right now - it sucks not be healthy at these moments. Must be agonizing for players.

Have not googled an update on him..

He was back in the game. But the way he was holding his arm it seemed like it could have been a dislocated elbow or shoulder.

There are players who I refuse to feel bad for because of one reason or another when they fall apart. That includes James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Patrick Beverly, and Chris Paul. Add Marcus Smart to the list.

He was back in the game. But the way he was holding his arm it seemed like it could have been a dislocated elbow or shoulder.
I realize that. But he is deemed okay going forward? I can Google and stop being so lazy.
There are players who I refuse to feel bad for because of one reason or another when they fall apart. That includes James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Patrick Beverly, and Chris Paul. Add Marcus Smart to the list.
Okay. :goodvibes

I am that way with players who would sell their teammates down the river -

So mine includes Kyrie and Embiid. I am sure there are more.

I I can Google and stop being so lazy.
May 2 update: Smart is officially questionable for Game 2 against the Bucks with a quad injury. He suffered this and a shoulder injury in Game 1, but did return to the contest. Smart also had a knee issue but powered through it in a loss to the Bucks. The Celtics need their Defensive Player of the Year and given Smart’s return in Game 1, it seems like this designation is a bit of gamesmanship from Boston.

Calling in “sad” to work this morning. :sad1: Super-proud of those guys though; just a class act from start to finish. That Pascal could even look at Embiid afterwards, let alone be congenial says a lot.
Annette, are you not watching any other series?

I realize that. But he is deemed okay going forward? I can Google and stop being so lazy.

Okay. :goodvibes

I am that way with players who would sell their teammates down the river -

So mine includes Kyrie and Embiid. I am sure there are more.

Didn't really follow it, but looks like you've done your research. However, why he's questionable for game 2 is different than what caused him to leave game 1. So apparently it was a "stinger" where something hit his arm and just caused extreme nerve pain. The way he was holding it looked more severe than that.

And yeah I totally get that for many people, there are different villains. And absolutely I know that Draymond Green is near the top of that list.

Didn't really follow it, but looks like you've done your research. However, why he's questionable for game 2 is different than what caused him to leave game 1. So apparently it was a "stinger" where something hit his arm and just caused extreme nerve pain. The way he was holding it looked more severe than that.

And yeah I totally get that for many people, there are different villains. And absolutely I know that Draymond Green is near the top of that list.

Yes, it definitely did with his shoulder/arm.
That was just a cut and paste, someone else's words. Pure laziness. No research.

Draymond, is a love/hate for me. But you have to respect what he gives - body and effort - each and every game.

So who are you picking coming out of these series, besides Golden State, bcla?

Yes, it definitely did with his shoulder/arm.
That was just a cut and paste, someone else's words. Pure laziness. No research.

Draymond, is a love/hate for me. But you have to respect what he gives - body and effort - each and every game.

So who are you picking coming out of these series, besides Golden State, bcla?

Warriors-Suns in the west and Bucks-Heat in the east.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter