• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NBA at Walt Disney World

there is nothing available for the entire AKL-Jambo House for the month of July, August, September, October thru December with one "blue" box for 11/4, 2020
3 viable alternative explanations
1) IT fluke (it's Disney after all)
2) being rumored some wdw guests are/will be relocated to AKL as WDW re-opens but condenses hotel operations to a limited number of properties
3) MLS

The rumor has been that they would consolidate AKV guests to Kidani; apparently availability for July patterns for Jambo are unusual (not just different from normal but also different from how the other DVCs are responding to the reopening) and that's adding fuel to the fire. We should know this week exactly what they are doing.
I really hope that doesn’t happen. You can’t replace the Jambo three bedroom grand villa with the Kidani one, IMO. i specifically asked member services this morning and he said Jambo would be open. Availability has been showing on and off. Not unusual for Jambo to fill up before Kidani.

Availability has been showing on and off. Not unusual for Jambo to fill up before Kidani.

That may not be unusually but it does seem really unusually to men that when you look at DVC availability several months out, Jambo is the only one with no availability. Some really hard to get resorts like BWV and BC have a ton of availability but nothing for Jambo. Seems like something is going on there.

there is nothing available for the entire AKL-Jambo House for the month of July, August, September, October thru December with one "blue" box for 11/4, 2020

Interesting. That’s a new development. Before I posted at 2:24 today I checked Jambo availability. Value and Club were full for the early August dates, but there was scattered availability in other room types throughout the month. In some cases 3-4 days in a stretch, other cases just one night. But now it’s all gone.

I've been playing with my reservation and have checked the DVC availability every morning for the past two weeks--and I've definitely noticed a difference. I used to see Jambo rooms pop up along with the other DVC resorts. Some time in the past week or so Jambo stopped showing any rooms. And unlike the other resorts, this never changes.

I agree there could be several reasons for it: NBA, MLS, later opening, who knows? But something is definitely different about Jambo than other DVC resorts.

Can they even take AKL-Jambo away from DVC members and give it to the NBA? I'm not up on all the legalities of DVC timeshares and don't own myself, but I would think some members might be upset if those rooms were taken away from them?

Can they even take AKL-Jambo away from DVC members and give it to the NBA? I'm not up on all the legalities of DVC timeshares and don't own myself, but I would think some members might be upset if those rooms were taken away from them?
No, that can't happen and the NBA won't be taking over AKL. It's likely that AKL will be used to consolidate guests from other resorts since they'll have to open it for Jambo House DVC anyways.

It's likely that AKL will be used to consolidate guests from other resorts since they'll have to open it for Jambo House DVC anyways.
I haven't been keeping up with the rumors on this, but just read in another thread that consolidating guests at resorts where they can take alternate modes of transportation will be preferable to help limit bus service. This made sense to me, but using AKL doesn't seem to jive with that since AKL only uses bus service. Is the thought/rumor to consolidate here from other deluxe resorts or just from Kidani?

I haven't been keeping up with the rumors on this, but just read in another thread that consolidating guests at resorts where they can take alternate modes of transportation will be preferable to help limit bus service. This made sense to me, but using AKL doesn't seem to jive with that since AKL only uses bus service. Is the thought/rumor to consolidate here from other deluxe resorts or just from Kidani?
The rumor is that all guests are going to be consolidated to the Deluxe resorts. There was also a rumor that guests would be consolidated only to the DVC resorts (cash side), but it's unclear when that would be in effect. That could just be a stopgap from June 22 until closer to when the parks open. It probably depends on how many cast members Disney can get back and how high the demand is for resort rooms.

WDW may be hurting for workers due to the lack of the College Program. They've been far too reliant on the college program for a while now.

think of this, AKL Jambo House is the best resort to house the rumored sports events and teams. Jambo House has Jiko and Boma plus Mara and that awesome pool...Players and staff never have to step foot elsewhere. Logistically sensible.

think of this, AKL Jambo House is the best resort to house the rumored sports events and teams. Jambo House has Jiko and Boma plus Mara and that awesome pool...Players and staff never have to step foot elsewhere. Logistically sensible.

I think Coronado makes more sense, personally. Unlike AKL, there are no DVC ownership issues to worry about, no sister-resort amenity sharing to worry about, tons of dining, and some of the most modern/new rooms on property. Not to mention, more deluxe priced rooms would be available to sell to guests vs. Coronado.

I think Coronado makes more sense, personally. Unlike AKL, there are no DVC ownership issues to worry about, no sister-resort amenity sharing to worry about, tons of dining, and some of the most modern/new rooms on property. Not to mention, more deluxe priced rooms would be available to sell to guests vs. Coronado.
CSR is also a convention resort with all of the infrastructure in place to support the media.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter