Nassau - what to see and do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was thinking of doing the same thing at the comfort suites,
however, when you go to book on choice hotels in
addition to the room cost, there are a bunch of
ridiculous fees,

10 per person per night for energy surcharge,
5 per person for maid servise for a room we will never use, etc.

Did anyone incur all these fees, when doing the comfort suites thing?

How much was the taxi/ how long of a ride is it?

we have a party of eight - the comfort suites is charging an extra $40
per 3rd and fourth adult in a room -
if we only need arm bracelets, do we need to confess the 2 teenagers ages,

the comfort suite says kids under 15 free...

in other words, what is the procedure for the arm bracelet
is it done at the atlantis or at the comfort suites?
do they check to see what you registered as?

any advise would be helpful, i am trying to decide wheter to spend the 160
pp

did the ship alow you to take food off, they usually don't
the day pass allows for lunch....

any advise helpful
we will be there on aug 15, the website has the rate as 283 plus all those
charges,

thanks jacki
looking to book for 4 adults, 2 teenagers and one 8yo and 1 5yo
Did you get an answer to your post. I have the same question.

Has anyone done the Atlantis Discovery excursion? It's around $50 per person and I know gets us a ride to the resort and access to The Dig and Predator Cove. It says that we will not be granted access to the beach or the pools/waterpark. The tour is listed as being a few hours long...I want to see Atlantis but not sure if I want to spend a little over $50 per person to simply walk around The Dig and then either gamble or shop. Is it worth it? Atlantis Beach Day isn't an option for our cruise and I've heard so many negative things about Nassau that I don't think I want to wander around any other parts of the island :o/

Has anyone done the Atlantis Discovery excursion? It's around $50 per person and I know gets us a ride to the resort and access to The Dig and Predator Cove. It says that we will not be granted access to the beach or the pools/waterpark. The tour is listed as being a few hours long...I want to see Atlantis but not sure if I want to spend a little over $50 per person to simply walk around The Dig and then either gamble or shop. Is it worth it? Atlantis Beach Day isn't an option for our cruise and I've heard so many negative things about Nassau that I don't think I want to wander around any other parts of the island :o/

We haven't done this excursion, but we just came back from a trip to Atlantis and the excursion you describe does not seem worth the cost. Unless you can do Aquaventure or swim in the pools/beach at Atlantis, it's not worth it. Predator Cove, in particular, looked really worn down when we were there two weeks ago. The Dig is ok.

I'd also like to really know if the "Discover Atlantis" excursion is worth the money? If not, what would you recommend? Just touring Atlantis on your own (and I guess commuting by either taxi or water taxi)?

Have any adults done the atlantis shallow water dolphin excursion? I've read through the posts on this forum but it seems like most of the people who did this excursion were doing it for their kids. I'm just wondering if this is still fun for adults or if it is intended for kids who can't/don't want to do the dolphin swim.

Also, does anyone know if the Atlantis Aquaventure includes admission to the predator lagoon? The description says it includes admission to the ruins which are "filled with exotic marine life" but is this the same thing as the actual aquarium? Can you see the dolphins from the aquarium?

I'm debating between these two excursions or just the Discover Atlantis excursion. The dig and aquarium are most important to us but the water slides might be fun and I love dolphins so we just can't decide which one to book! :confused3 Any more info on these excursions would be really helpful! Thank you!

Has anyone visited Atlantis during your Nassau day? Check the shore excursions through Disney & it was $160 per adult for the Atlantis water activities & aquarium. That seems like a lot of $. Is it worth it?

For the convenience of a bus and tour guide to show you around the vast property, my family loved the day, and we will do it again the next time we get to Nassau. There were 4 adults, (2 senior citizens) and 3 children, ages 5, 6 and 7.

While on a RCCL cruise over Memorial day this year, DH and I (the senior citizens) did snorkeling from a catamaran. Don't know the company, but we've snorkeled in that area many times, and in May it was absolutely perfect. I like to do some sort of water activity every time we go to Nassau, although we did do a city tour once and we went to the gardens with the flamingos as well.

I realize this thread is not very active but thought it was worth a try!

We are looking into the See and Sea tour and wondered if anyone had any reviews/thoughts to share.

Thanks!

I realize this thread is not very active but thought it was worth a try!

We are looking into the See and Sea tour and wondered if anyone had any reviews/thoughts to share.

Thanks!

Wondering the same?:confused3

Sounds like it's not a terribly popular option! With a 4 year old we're limited by age on a lot of things (like water parks and snorkeling) but want to see a bit of the island. We are also considering doing the Sheraton beach/pool pass. I'll be sure to post a review of whichever one we do!

ETA: I found this post from fall 2010 with a little more detail ont he S&S tour. :)

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NASHIHH-British-Colonial-Hilton-Nassau-hotel-/index.do

We did this day pass 3 years ago. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from where the ships dock (in fact you can see the ships from the beach).

I am pretty sure it was $40/pp (maybe less for a child).

It suited our needs perfectly. We were there in July and it was very quiet....very nice pool, free use of the kayaks etc there, pool bar/lunch (not included in cost), lounge chairs, plenty of shade and sun. The beach was small and perfect for young children and the pool was great, too!

The only other people there seemed to be crew members on their day off as well as a few families staying at the hotel.

My brother had been there a few times on business which is how I found out about it. I'm a Hilton member and I emailed ahead to confirm date I would be there.

All worked out fine.

If you are looking for a quiet beach/pool day, close to the ship, this is a great choice.

You can shop on your walk back to the ship and stop at a Starbucks as well.

Highly recommend!

When we went this past Oct. we just walked to the free beach, Junkanoo Beach. It takes about 15 minutes to walk there. Our kids were 4, 9 and 12. I pushed the 4 y.o. in the stroller and we put our water bottles and sand toys in the bottom of the stroller. It was an easy walk, pretty clean and had restrooms and a small daquiri hut and such. we didn;t buy anything here and were only asked one time if we were interested in buying any handmade necklaces. Very laid back and relaxing here! And best of all FREE!

DSC07459.jpg

DSC07462.jpg

Here is a brief video I shot that shows how close you are to the ship, pardon the goofiness of it! it give a quick panorama view of the beach area and such!

Just booked the Hilton Day Pass it is $50pp and you get a $30 Voucher for food/drinks Kids 5& under are free. I booked through island marketing i think it was.

Just booked the Hilton Day Pass it is $50pp and you get a $30 Voucher for food/drinks Kids 5& under are free. I booked through island marketing i think it was.

I think we will do this as well. Thanks for posting! Looks very nice.

Has anyone booked the Half Day at Blue Lagoon Beach? Just the beach (no sting rays or dolphins). I'm thinking a half day at the beach relaxing sounds nice. And then go back to the ship after lunch. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter