Nassau - what to see and do

The excursion mentioned early on this thread is "Blue Lagoon" is it the same now that it's called "Nassau Dolphin Encounter?" Has anyone been on it recently?

Thank you.
Bobbi

I am planning a cruise in December 3 day on the Wonder. I am planning to do a private snorkel excursion through Stuart Cove. Snorkel 3 places, the third being on the surface of the water and watching sharks feed below-I know I am weird, but it is something I have wanted to do for a while.
They also have scuba diving and these 1 person sub things.

Well, I just went through over 15 pages of posts with snorkling on the board and there are only questions about snorkling in Nassau, no reviews from anyone.

DH is interested, so maybe we'll be the DIS guinea pigs.

Thanks for sharing your blog!
We are trying to decide was if it would be better to do one of the snorkeling excursions out of nassau or try the one on Castaway Cay. It will be a great trip either way I am sure!!

Thanks for sharing your blog!
We are trying to decide was if it would be better to do one of the snorkeling excursions out of nassau or try the one on Castaway Cay. It will be a great trip either way I am sure!!

I have been to Castaway Cay, but that was before I started snorkeling. I spent all my time in a lounger at Serenity Bay:) I do plan on snorkeling at CC in September which is probably of no help to you.

I'm also interested in opinions on the snorkeling in Nassau. We are booked on the Caribbean Queen Snorkel Tour. Would we be better off snorkeling at Castaway Cay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was thinking of doing the same thing at the comfort suites,
however, when you go to book on choice hotels in
addition to the room cost, there are a bunch of
ridiculous fees,

10 per person per night for energy surcharge,
5 per person for maid servise for a room we will never use, etc.

Did anyone incur all these fees, when doing the comfort suites thing?

How much was the taxi/ how long of a ride is it?

we have a party of eight - the comfort suites is charging an extra $40
per 3rd and fourth adult in a room -
if we only need arm bracelets, do we need to confess the 2 teenagers ages,

the comfort suite says kids under 15 free...

in other words, what is the procedure for the arm bracelet
is it done at the atlantis or at the comfort suites?
do they check to see what you registered as?

any advise would be helpful, i am trying to decide wheter to spend the 160
pp

did the ship alow you to take food off, they usually don't
the day pass allows for lunch....

any advise helpful
we will be there on aug 15, the website has the rate as 283 plus all those
charges,

thanks jacki
looking to book for 4 adults, 2 teenagers and one 8yo and 1 5yo

I'd love to hear opinions on this as well...(above post) as the water park at Atlantis looks fun.....

I'm also interested in opinions on the snorkeling in Nassau. We are booked on the Caribbean Queen Snorkel Tour. Would we be better off snorkeling at Castaway Cay?

We snorkeled on the Caribbean queen on an overcast, windy day. We were not able to snorkel at their usual spot. I had never been anywhere tropical before and was expecting the beautiful clear water like at CC. We could see the fish and stuff but it was not the amazing experience I had envisioned.

Also, when they say 'freshwater showers on board' they mean a hose with a spray attachment.

The crew was super friendly and helpful, but if I had it to do over I would do something else.

We did the Segway offroad tour in February, and thought it was a blast. However, the weather was comfortable, and we had some previous experience with Segway, which contributed to our ability to enjoy it.

My husband loved that we got to zip along at top speed on a dirt trail in a preserved area around the old aqueducts. I thought it was fun, too, although my feet got a bit cramped from standing so long in one spot (the tour itself is an hour and a half if I remember correctly). I was wearing sandals and should have worn more supportive shoes.

He would love to do it on our upcoming cruise, but I think that we're going to try something in the water this time.

Has anyone visited Atlantis during your Nassau day? Check the shore excursions through Disney & it was $160 per adult for the Atlantis water activities & aquarium. That seems like a lot of $. Is it worth it?

We did the Catamaran Snorkeling this March. It was a great experience. We chose this one as we had a 5 year old and she was not old enough for the other Snorkeling. We were paraded off the ship and led to our boat. On the way to the reef we fitted our gear. We had a bit of a time finding a mask to fit our girl's little faces but found one eventually. We are bringing our own gear next time. (Both DD's 5 and 7 are very good swimmers.) They anchored about 100 yards off shore and gave us VERY generic instructions and let us off the boat. We slid off the back and snorkeled around the boat. The water was choppy so negotiating gear was a little challenging. DD7 LOVED it! As soon as she put her face in and saw tons of fish she was hooked. DD5 kept gettting slogged by the waves, she swam but would not put her face in. The fish were great, I don't have a comparison as this was our first time but they were colorful and everywhere! After at least an hour we got back on they put up the sails and we headed back. We were given BBQ chips and Kool-Aid with Rum for our "snack". Even with the choppy water it was a highlight of our trip. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter