Nails?!

A french manicure is more of a design really. It's where you have the white tips.

A manicure is getting your nails painted, cuticles pushed back, etc. Basically having your nails all made up.

What do you mean nail kit? I honestly think if you want a french manicure it's better to just go to a nail salon. I'm pretty good at painting my nails and I've tried all kinds of times to do it. It's just really hard unless you have proper training.

Thank You for the information. BabyPiglet, you don't seem to agree with everything I do. Well, currently, I only have three bottles of nail polish, one nail polish remover, nail file and cuticle scissors. I think I should have other stuff too. Like more nail polish, more tips on how to do it and stuff.. :goodvibes

It just takes practice.

By nail kit I thought you meant some sort of kit with fake nails in it and sprinkles and stuff. (Haha, I've always thought of it that way since I got something like that for Christmas when I was 8.)

I've told you a thousand times, I don't like fake nails. My sister used to wear them, she says it hurts. She does it because she's too lazy to paint it. She's busy 24/7. :rolleyes:

I've told you a thousand times, I don't like fake nails. My sister used to wear them, she says it hurts. She does it because she's too lazy to paint it. She's busy 24/7. :rolleyes:
Oookay.

I don't see where they hurt. Unless your not talking about the kind that are professionally done. I think the do-it-yourself ones are just majorly tacky.

I don't wanna seem rude, but I've been wondering - why weren't you allowed to paint your nails before the age of 14? I mean, I personally can't see anything wrong with it? If it was piercings then I could understand having an age limit, but what's wrong with painting your nails?
Sorry, I don't wanna offend you, but I'm just curious :).

I defenitely don't reccomend fake nails.

1. They're soooo fake.
2. It takes some time to put them on correctly.
3. They hurt if you try to take them off (or at least it did when I got the kit for Christmas. Mine came with the nail glue stuff that was like superglue :rotfl: Let's just say that I wound up looking stupid...)

I like to go bold with my colors.
I have this bright purple, bright green, and bright orange.
I have a ton of them. Maybe I'll take a picture to show you guys.
But I like it to be funky and wild, kinda like this:
neonails.jpg

I saw this, and I thought it was really cool too:
uvnailartpaint_0.jpg

Glow in the dark nail polish. Now there's a cool idea.

I don't wanna seem rude, but I've been wondering - why weren't you allowed to paint your nails before the age of 14? I mean, I personally can't see anything wrong with it? If it was piercings then I could understand having an age limit, but what's wrong with painting your nails?

That's what I was thinking..

I dunno, ask my mum. She said it like that, I'm not making this up, by the way. That's her set of rules. I think because I go to a school that teaches girls manners. That's why I'm not allowed to paint it, but now I'm out of that school.

P.s: Maybe, that's what she's thinking. Anyways, enough about that. I found this pink nail color polish and I'm going to sneak out and buy it tomorrow! lol.. :woohoo:

Oh okay. I'm glad you found a nail polish you like. :)

Good luck with painting your nails. Practice makes perfect.

Aww! Don't close this thread down. Jenny, are you allowed to post your nails on here? If so, may I look at some of your nails? :goodvibes. Don't mind if you are not allowed to. BUMP! I'm going to post the picture later

Oh By the way, it's not healthy to paint on the cuticles, it says so here:
WAIT! Am I allowed to post a video here?

I thought nail polish was healthy for nails? :confused3 Like, it protected them from chipping and peeling.

I normally get my nails manicured... Because I know I can't possibly do my nails as good as the asian people do them. I get, like, four coats of polishes, my cuticles are groomed, and my nail beds are clipped. It's only like $8. Plus I get to use that UV dryer thing which makes my nails cool and shiny. It would cost like $200+ to get all that stuff for my house.

YIKES. I hate fake nails. I once got this REALLY pretty pair of fake ones, but the glue spilled on my chair and my butt was stuck on my chair. So....I don't think im gonna use those things ever again.

Aww! Don't close this thread down. Jenny, are you allowed to post your nails on here? If so, may I look at some of your nails? :goodvibes. Don't mind if you are not allowed to. BUMP! I'm going to post the picture later

Oh By the way, it's not healthy to paint on the cuticles, it says so here:
WAIT! Am I allowed to post a video here?
Yes, I'll post a picture of my hand, Lol.

And I don't know, I've been painting my cuticles forever, and my nails are really healthy.
I thought nail polish was healthy for nails? :confused3 Like, it protected them from chipping and peeling.

I normally get my nails manicured... Because I know I can't possibly do my nails as good as the asian people do them. I get, like, four coats of polishes, my cuticles are groomed, and my nail beds are clipped. It's only like $8. Plus I get to use that UV dryer thing which makes my nails cool and shiny. It would cost like $200+ to get all that stuff for my house.
I LOVE that UV dryer! :goodvibes It's wicked cool.

Okie doke. Here's my hand. Usually I have a color on them, but right now I just have a very light pink strengthening polish on them. Oh btw, I usually keep my nails fairly short. They just stay cleaner, neater and healthier that way. For me at least. :)
S6300781.jpg

And here's my toesies. The color is Orange Blossom. I'm posing my feet this way, I don't usually stand like that. :p And ermmm, my feet are swollen. They always get swollen around...my time of the month. :) You should keep toe nails short but don't cut them too short or it could cause all kinds of icky toe problems.
S6300778.jpg

Jenny, you have nice nails.
My nails are all icky.
I've just been keeping them a purple color until I buy a new color.
I can't paint my toenails, they're too small to not screw up royally on.

Jenny, you have nice nails.
My nails are all icky.
I've just been keeping them a purple color until I buy a new color.
I can't paint my toenails, they're too small to not screw up royally on.
Why thank you. :) I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my fingernails clean.

i LOVE painting my nails.
Currently my nails are a light pink and my toe nails are a hot pink.
I don't like fake nails at all i think they're so tacky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter