My wedding gown shopping experience! Got my gown!

Well the picture thing I guess I can understand, but not cutting out all the labels from the gowns. That can't even be legal!

Actually, retailers buy samples and so can do whatever they want with them. They literally own the dresses.

It sucks for brides of course who can't comparison shop, but of course that is what shop owners are trying to do.

But it is definitely legal. They however cannot sell a garment without a wash/care/fabric tag, that is illegal.

This thread got me so excited! I am going first time shopping in a few hours!!!

I looooooooooove all of those dresses and you look absolutely gorgeous in every single last one of those! I can't pick a favorite! I love the styles you chose. Stunning!

I went shopping again, and this shop allowed photos so here's a few more! Let me know what you think! Thanks!! :goodvibes

#8 -Mori Lee, I liked the belt on this one and it sorta reminded me of Cinderella
img_0344.jpg

#9 -Maggie Sottero, I think this one sorta looks like Belle's gown
img_0345.jpg

img_0346.jpg

#10 -Maggie Sottero, my Mom and Grandma LOVED this one, Im not sure yet if I do or not
img_0348.jpg

img_0347.jpg

#11 - Impressions, I loved the beading and sparkle on this one!
img_0371.jpg

It is very hard to choose my favorite because you really do look fantastic in all of them! There isn't one more or less flattering than another, you just look great in every one!!!

That being said, just my style and opinion, I would go for #2 or maybe #7. But I'm not a fan of too much beading. Whichever you choose, you will look gorgeous!!

Okay, I like ALL of the ones in your first post better than ANY of the ones in your most recent. Just trying to give an honest outsider's opinion, hope it helps! (You still look beautiful, regardless!)

I definitely agree with you Nikki, I just wanted to post them all for comparison and some outside perspectives!

I love love love #11, but I sorta feel sorry for the wedding sales people..they seem to help you with all those dresses and no hopes of a sale.

:eek: You looked amazing in each and every one you tried on! How is that even fair?!?!?!??!

We are also considering having a second reception at home depending on how many people we want to invite that cant come but arent sure yet. Anywho, I actually used to do pageants and I have a white gown that I got a few months ago and wore only once that I was thinking might be a really nice home reception dress. It is pretty simple but I think it might work well, and I like it a lot so it'd be nice to get to wear it again! I will attach a photo, what do you all think? I am also considering wearing my hair in the same way as in the photo as well. How do you like the style? I have really long so Id like to wear it mostly down, but it holds curls terribly so I'll have to find a good professional! Thanks for all your help and advice!! :goodvibes

_MKL2254.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures, but I have a few more Maggie's to show you! Two that I really, really love. Let me know what you think of them!

#12- Lynette, pretty but not really "me"
img_0405.jpg

img_0404.jpg

#13- Victoriana, loved this one!
img_0409.jpg

img_0410.jpg

img_0407.jpg

img_0408.jpg

#14- Lavina Royale by Maggie Sottero! The winner! Pictures removed just in case my fiance should see this page!

So I now I have three favorites: #5 Cambria Marie, #13 Victoriana, #14 Lavina Royale and one more from Sottero and Midgley that I really want to try on, this one: http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dr...wordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=JSM1238 I really think this one could be "the one" because I just love everything about it, but I have called around and the closest store that has it is 4 hours away! But they are having a Maggie trunk sale next Sat. and I am considering taking a little road trip to try it on and check out the show. Do you think I should? That is the last dress I am desperate to try on during my last bit of free time for a while! Of these 4 which is your favorite? Thanks girls for all your help :goodvibes

You girls are probably getting sick of me by now, hehe, but I think Ive decided that the Lavina Royale (last one) is my favorite with the Cambria Marie (#5) being a close second.

I think the Lavina Royale was the best one, because it's the most my style out of all of them, and similar to my gown. It's beautiful and very princessy. It's not too soon to get a dress if you really love it. Basically most of the dresses will be beautiful and look good, but not every dress is 'your' dress.

Have you given up on the Sottero and Midgley dress? I had a Maggie dress that I loved for over a year, it's called Yara. I always thought that would be my dress. I called a bunch of places and only one had it, so I made an appointment to try it on. Well, it just wasn't the same in person. The bottom was so plain and I didn't like it, it didn't even make my top three. The sales girl pulled a dress she thought I would like based on what I thought I would like about Yara, and that was the one and I loved it! I have pics in my PJ if you want to see. I went to a few other places but always thought about that dress and it was like there wasn't really much point in looking anymore. Lucky for me, the dress I loved was also the cheapest dress I tried on - which never happens! - since there is not much beading on it, but if it had been out of my budget I would have tried to find ways to get it for cheaper.

As for buying a used dress, that's completely up to you. I would at least take a look at it and see what kind of condition it's in. You'll need to see if she's done anything to alter it, and if so it may not work for you. No one else will ever know it's not brand new and you can put the extra money towards something really special for your wedding or honeymoon. Really it's not that different from people buying a sample dress, and a sample has been worn by many more people! But it really will depend on how you feel about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter