My wedding gown shopping experience! Got my gown!

Dr.Cinderella

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I went wedding gown shopping for the first time with my mom, it was so much fun! I love love love Maggie Sottero, so I wanted to go to one of her trunk shows and try some gowns on. They didn't have all the ones I wanted to try, but I loved a few of them! They were really nice and let us take lots of pictures of me in the dresses, so I wanted to share them with you if I can figure out how photo bucket works! I really want to look like a princess on my wedding day, but dont want to be uncomfortable either. The last three were my favorites, and one could possibly be "the one" but I am still looking. Let me know what your favorties are and what you think! Thanks! :goodvibes
PS Im sorry these are so big, its my first time using photobucket!

img_0237.jpg

img_0236.jpg

img_0247.jpg

img_0244.jpg

img_0246.jpg

img_0249.jpg

img_0251.jpg

img_0248.jpg

img_0253.jpg

img_0254.jpg

img_0255.jpg

#5 - I think this is my favorite so far!
img_0259.jpg

img_0257.jpg

img_0256.jpg

img_0258.jpg

img_0266.jpg

img_0262.jpg

img_0264.jpg

img_0270.jpg

img_0271.jpg

img_0269.jpg

img_0267.jpg

WOW the dresses are GORGEOUS, you look like Ms. America in a wedding gown... I Love them all, Geez its so hard to choose, you look beautiful in all of them

I agree with Christina. You and the dresses look beautiful. I think you could wear a paperbag and look fabulous at your wedding. You look like a model! I think I like the bodice of 2 but prefer the skirt of 5. I'm difficult like that. :)

Wow!! You are going to be a gorgeous bride! You looked stunning in all of these...I can only imagine on the big day when you are all "done"!!!

Congratulations and good luck with whichever dress you choose (I'm with you on Maggie Sottero...if my boyfriend ever gets around to popping the question, that's the direction I want to go too...I love her stuff).

Brooke

those do look nice, but I thought you weren't getting married for 5 or so years? Did something change?

The bodice on number 2 is my favourite, but number 5 would have to be my favourite dress.
They all look really good though, and a sweetheart neckline really suits you!

Thanks everyone! Im going to have a tough time deciding because every time I tried one on, I loved it haha. #7 was called the Hampton. We do not have an exact date yet, but we are hoping for 2 1/2 years from now. I don't think I'm going to buy a dress just yet, but I was just looking to get an idea of what I like and also this is my last summer vacation ever! So I wanted to look a bit while I have some free time. We went to another store tonight, and it was not such a good experience as the trunk show. I found another 2 dresses I loved, but at this store they had riped out all the designer's labels and wouldn't tell you who the dress was by! They also wouldn't allow pictures of myself in any gowns, which was also kind of a bummer. I hope they don't do this at all stores, do they?

I think my favorites are #2 because of the tiers on the skirt and #7 because of the applique and the sweetheart neckline, that and both make your waist look super tiny! The corset certainly works in your favor. :thumbsup2

I love Maggie dresses! My dress is going to be a Maggie.

I like #6 on you best, the drop waist definitely gives you even more of an hourglass figure, but they were all beautiful.

Sadly most shops do not allow pictures. =(

Well the picture thing I guess I can understand, but not cutting out all the labels from the gowns. That can't even be legal!

You look beautiful in every single one of those dresses. The whole shopping experience was so fun for me, and it was amazing to me how many different styles there were and how dresses I wouldn't have even thought of trying on were really gorgeous on. It's good to hear that you aren't buying something now. There are always innovations in styles and fabrics and you might find something else that you'll totally adore somewhere down the line. Enjoy!

they all look great but i like #6 and #7 the best on you since the define your waist the best. you will be a beautiful bride. I tried on #4 when i went dress shoppoing also but thought it was a little to flowey for me. my dress is a maggie dress which i love(can't post on here b/c DF is also on here-if you want to see a pic i can PM you). i thought all her dresses fit very nicely though and extremely flattering. good luck with your decision as I know it is tough:)!

Oh my goodness! You look fantastic in all of them! I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make this decision! Maggie dresses are so gorgeous. Even though you said there were some you wanted to try on that they didn't have, these all look beautiful on you. The details on the dresses are all wonderful, and you have a great shape for them! Your favorite definitely looks wonderful on you! I really like dress #2, too. Please post which dress you pick when you finish shopping and make your decision!

You look absolutely gorgeous in everything!! My personal favorites are 1,2,5,7. You have a very similar style to what I (although not DBF!) likes-- nice beading, ballgown skirt.
I think you'll be beautiful in whatever you pick, but I agree, I'd wait about 1 year before you committ to buying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter