My Name is Chris and I am a Fort Wilderness Addict..Updated 12/16

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
So the months have rolled on by and here we are in January of 2016. This is going to be our second trip to the Fort and won't be the last. We found the Fort and with the help of our nephew completed our first trip last February/March.
This year will find us back in the Fort in February. Rolling down the highway and in to the Fort will be myself and the DW. Oh yes, and she has stated we can book our 2017 trip already. So it looks like we will be back, after we get there and leave. Maybe we could just stay ???

BamaEd, get your popcorn, it is time for updates and the pre trip report.

Chris, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery (that is, if you want to be cured).

I'm in. Page 1.

Bama Ed

Who needs to recover. Though after 2 trips this year and the truck my wallet may need some recovery time.

So let us start with what has changed in the last twelve months and what hasn't. We will be staying in our 2015 Keystone Bullet TT. This year will find the trailer being pulled with a 2013 Chevy 3500 Diesel Dually. An improvement from last year when we towed with a 2003 Chevy 1500.
The truck is prepped, oil change, fuel filter change, tires. Trailer is undergoing some interior work and will keep you updated as to how that is going.
We will be taking the same route down as last year, Interstate 81 to 77 to 26 to 95. This is always dependent on weather and we can shift to an easterly track if we need to to avoid storms. We will once again be making a very long drive the first day, stopping in Walterboro, SC. From there we will have a short trip down to Florida to visit Kennedy Space Center. From KSC we will be taking a very short drive over to WDW and Check in first thing on Monday morning.
_MG_3571.jpg
Can't wait to see Wishes from the beach again this year.

New for me this year is time of travel and truck. The truck was fully serviced but officially due for fuel filters at 22500, just tipped her past 21000 now so likely to preempt that before the trip south. Nothing new really on the trailer but I did fix the mickey wall clock and get it back up on the wall in the RV. Trip down is same route, I95 to I4, we usually stop in SC at Point South KOA for the night. Then just 6 hours or so to the campground, going in the second half of Feb I am looking forward to some warmer temperatures and more daylight.

No Cure needed.... Some addictions don't need to be broken. Enjoy. I will be down to the fort in November 2016 for our 3 Fort Wilderness trip. First time was in the F-150. Was okay, but DW decided we needed more power and encouraged me to get the F250 (Still only gas though). Who was I to argue, right? (Okay, now I wish I still had the Payment, mileage, maintenance costs, etc... of the F150, but hey, I still love my 250).

I wish I could find a way to come down more often. Maybe after I finally get the F250 Paid of (in like 90 years I think) I can go more frequently. :)

Sorry about your addiction,,but I'm fairly certain a cure will be very hard to get to.
We were exposed to a dose in 1995, we're still try'n to kick the habbit.
Okay, so maybe not try'n very hard.
oh okay, I lied, not try'n at all
but what a great addiction.

Well DW got home from work and we went to see Star Wars finally. We will be at the Fort arriving on Monday and leaving on Sat. we plan to check out and hit DHS for some last rides before heading home. That night we will be staying in Georgia, then we will be headed to Fort Chiswell in Virginia to spend the night and finally home. This year being only the two of us we went with the dining plan and going to see how that works for us. We will have a day at AK, one at Epcot and two at MK with a day and a half at DHS. Well so long for tonight, time to finish off my night with the college championship.

Ok, Ok, Ok, can the Alabama fans keep it to a dull roar, I have a pre trip report to cover. We made dining reservations based on where we will be in the parks, and our purchase of the dining plan. So one night we will be dining at Hollywood and Vine, followed by The Star Wars Dessert and Fireworks show. We have opted to enjoy dinner at Tony's one evening while we are in the Magic Kingdom. The night we are at Epcot we have made the decision to enjoy the fare at Nine Dragons.
Having done the Hoop Dee Doo Review on the last trip we will skip that this trip and most likely do it on the next trip again.
We are looking at doing the tour of the Steam trains during our stay and maybe do the walking tour of The Land.
_MG_4175.jpg
And of course during it all get some more pictures, both day and night. The one above was from last years trip.

Ok, Ok, Ok, can the Alabama fans keep it to a dull roar, I have a pre trip report to cover.

We Bama fans are happy, Chris, but it's no big deal. Every single signing class of Coach Saban's at Alabama (nine years worth) has at least one National Championship ring.

Proceed.

Bama Ed

PS - and some have as many as three...

Today was a busy and exhausting day. As I type this the snow plows are rumbling down the road, clearing the first couple inches of snow for this season. A blanket of white now covers everything as the winds pick up driving the windchill down. Can not wait to hit the Fort and the Disney bubble with some warmer temperatures.
_MG_4804.jpg
Oh yea, we have Fastpasses for TOT, never ridden it before.

My first ride on Tower of Terror was the best first ride on anything I've ever ridden.
It's pretty intimidating, and the queue is really cool to walk through (inside the hotel lobby and basement)

Only a dusting south of you, but the wind chills where there and an ambient of 15F for me this morning. Actually plugged the truck in last night 1. to make sure it worked, 2. just to be easy on her in the colder weather. But man I am really loving that remote start.

Only a dusting south of you, but the wind chills where there and an ambient of 15F for me this morning. Actually plugged the truck in last night 1. to make sure it worked, 2. just to be easy on her in the colder weather. But man I am really loving that remote start.

We have remote start on the truck also, if I could ever remember how to work it. Don't use the remote start enough.

So as the sun shines down thru the clouds and on to the newly fallen snow, I sit and think to myself, only 40 days left until Disney. We leave on vacation prior to that so our actual trip begins a few days before. Once again, I am making my lists, checking them twice, ok, maybe 20 times. I am trying to make sure I don't forget anything, and to make sure we have enough food for our travels.
_MG_4891.jpg
Holy Explosions Han Solo errr uh wait, Indiana Jones.

What type of site did you request at the Fort?
Also I've stayed at Walterboro several times, it a nice, exciting drive in the early morning light down the 95 the next day.

For this trip we have a Preferred site, and we have requested the 100 loop. Our pets are staying at home so we didn't need to be in 300. Last time we stayed in a Premium and they are nice, but with it just being myself and DW, we thought being in 100 and closer to transportation would be nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter