My Name is Chris and I am a Fort Wilderness Addict..Updated 12/16

Wow, you don't get much sun light that for north. I thought it was only Alaska that stayed that dark this time of year. :D

And the drive looks pretty good. We had 2 inches of snow last week and until it melted yesterday, my drive wasn't that clear.

j

It was the very last light before darkness fell. And thank you, when I do the driveway I leave the snowblower in 2nd gear, it takes a bit longer but does a better job of getting to the driveway. The higher speeds and the front end floats up and over the snow.

So today found the weather very agreeable to do some trailer prep for the upcoming trip. I ran the slide out this morning, cranked up the heat to 60 and wiped everything down, vacuumed, loaded up some clothes, checked the pass thru, wiped down the cabinet the mouse had been in with a bleach solution.
The DW got some of her stuff packed away also. Closed it back up for the next few days as temps are to fall and maybe some rain. The weekend again has some higher temps forecast but with rain, this would also allow me to do more work inside. Need to start putting pans and such back in that we cleaned, as I wasn't sure exactly where the mouse visited and well better safe then sorry.

We heard that dryer sheets in select location helps to keep critters out. Since we put them in (we bought the absolute cheapest ones), haven't had a problem. About 10 or so a year does it for us.

Don't know if it's the actual dryer sheets or we just got lucky (and unlucky the one time before the sheets) but hey, it's cheap and it keeps the DW happy too.

We heard that dryer sheets in select location helps to keep critters out. Since we put them in (we bought the absolute cheapest ones), haven't had a problem. About 10 or so a year does it for us.

Don't know if it's the actual dryer sheets or we just got lucky (and unlucky the one time before the sheets) but hey, it's cheap and it keeps the DW happy too.

Last year we did that and had no problems, this year I think the warmer weather had them searching for food longer than normal. Just a theory.

Well just got off the phone with the lovely young lady at reservations, and we will be doing the Behind the Steam Trains tour. Oh yea !!!

Good for you. I've done it and you'll enjoy it.

I tried to get the Keys to the Kingdom tour a while back for our dates in March but the first five days had room for one person IN TOTAL and the second week (following Easter Sunday) they weren't giving the tours at all due to the expected crowds.

So be glad you got in!

Bama Ed

Well today found me starting my last project before the trip. This one has been on our list since we bought the trailer and I am finally getting it rolling. Today I started crafting a toilet paper holder for the wall in the trailer. Amazing you spend all that money on a trailer and there was no where to put the toilet paper. I have a hanger rigged consisting of command hooks and parachute cord, but I know that drives the DW crazy. So once it is done, pictures will follow.

Yeah, my wife would have considered that a reason not to buy. She's picky like that. I would have not noticed and been fine setting the roll on the counter beside the sink.

When we bought our trailer it came with toilet roll holders but they wasn't mounted to the wall in either bathroom. I guess that Forrest River left it up to the buyers on that all important mounting location?

Amazing you spend all that money on a trailer and there was no where to put the toilet paper.

Speaking for myself, PaHunter, that would have been priority project #1 in my book....:teeth:

Bama Ed

I tried to get the Keys to the Kingdom tour a while back for our dates in March but the first five days had room for one person IN TOTAL and the second week (following Easter Sunday) they weren't giving the tours at all due to the expected crowds.

We did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in November 2014. (Me, My DD17 and her BF20) and While I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think my DD didn't like all the walking. You are on your feet the entire time except for Lunch (about 30 minutes). The "Under city" (tunnels) were kind of cool, but then again not. You just seemed like you were in the basement of a building. A very busy building though.

You learn a lot about the park and Walt's (and Roy's) vision for WDW. So if you only reason to do this tour is to see the tunnels, save your time and money. It's not as spectacular as you might think. (I have an engineering background so I really enjoyed it just the same). But if you want the history and story... then it's worthwhile, just have GOOD walking shoes with you.

Yeah, my wife would have considered that a reason not to buy. She's picky like that. I would have not noticed and been fine setting the roll on the counter beside the sink.

When we bought our trailer it came with toilet roll holders but they wasn't mounted to the wall in either bathroom. I guess that Forrest River left it up to the buyers on that all important mounting location?

Speaking for myself, PaHunter, that would have been priority project #1 in my book....:teeth:

Bama Ed

Tiggerdad, the sink is in the other side of the bathroom. So can't do that.
SA5er, Would have been nice if they threw them in, could have mounted them.
Bama Ed, I did rig up a rope with command strips for her, the rope just falls off when we travel.

The only thing I can think of is the manufacturer didn't want to put it on the outside wall, but the inside wall is where the sliding barn door rests when not closed. So the only place it can go will be the outside wall. Have to go finish assembly of it now.

My new trailer is the same way. The holder was in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. The problem is that there is no wall space within reach to mount it. The only real options are on one of the doors under the sink vanity. My last trailer didn't come with any bathroom accessories. TP holder, towel rods or anything. At least Forest River installed everything else.

I'm considering getting one of these. I'll just have to figure out what to do with it while we're on the road.

011296413405lg.jpg

j

You could use it for a club to check your tires during stops.

Things like that we typically lay on one of the beds during travel.

We make great use of the Shower/Tub area for storage of things like that, Brooms, laundry baskets, etc....

So today finds me with the completed toilet paper holder, i need to put a couple coats of spray poly on it, of course grab the can off the shelf and well it is pretty well empty. So have to hit the hardware store first for a can. But as I type this the snow is falling and piling up, looks like we will be taking the truck to town tonight. Can't wait for tonight, while it is not Disney, we have tickets to see Jeff Dunham live, yea, Peanut !!!! So looks like today will not see a whole lot accomplished on the trailer or Disney front. But we are in good shape to have it all packed and ready to roll.

Thats when you get a home unit, make a nice matching piece of mounting wood to the decore and glue that mounting board to the wall like it belongs. PL premium is the best for that.

I have no TP roll either, but here is a cabinet arms reach away that stores them perfect and thats what we used for the past 2 years and no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter