• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov. 14 TR RL UPDATE 7/12 Pg. 22

Those chocolate chip pancakes look amazing!!

Fantastic ride on Spaceship Earth. Julia is too funny!

Breakfast looks delicious and sounds like a lot of fun!
LOVE those Figment hoodies, they especially made for adorable Spaceship Earth photos.

HI Danielle! So I stumbled across your PHM trip report early last week, and at the risk of sounding like a creeper, I've gone back and read all of your prior trip reports this past week lol I seriously can't get enough of reading about your family's trips. You all seem like such a fun bunch and I can't wait to read more in the future.

I'll be in Disney Sept/Oct of next year for a large family trip so I can't wait to see how your January trip worked out!

WCC looked like a lot of fun! Too funny about the dude with the monkey!

Jill in CO

Good morning, good morning! And an early morning at that. Who's idea was it to make a breakfast reservation for 7:45am?!

Oh wait.

That was me.

When making ADR's, 7:45am sounds so super easy...until you get to the World and then you're like :scared:

You put chocolate chip pancakes on the menu, I'm sold. No argument required.

YES! Oh my gosh, 100 times yes. I make pancakes all the time at home and to freeze for quick breakfasts, but I refuse to add choc chips at home because I know i'll want them every single time!

Of course we had our card on the table green side up

What is this?

Chocolate chip pancakes.

:faint::faint:

IMG_5603.jpg

I love your Pop.

I couldn't finish my breakfast. Sacrilege I know. Wendi thought that was an absolute shame, so she proceeded to feed Pop the rest of my pancakes. She said he looked like trouble and that someone at the table really needed to finish them.

:rotfl:

Definitely the best hoodies around :thumbsup2

When we got to the park and went through security, Mom ended up with a funny security guard. He looks at her completely serious and goes "do you know whey they can't give Elsa a balloon?"

"Because she'll let it go, let it go!"

It was cute. I like it when they're into their job and like to make jokes with guests.

Love that the security guards can have some fun too!

"Should I ask him if I could touch his monkey?"

:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

What the?! Is there a reason your eyes are black and evil??:lmao:

Hi everyone. It's been quite some time since I've updated this TR and I'm sad to say that I'm not going to be able to keep up with it.

Not because I don't want to update anymore, but it's just going to be very difficult for me and it's out of respect.

Halfway through this trip, we had 3 very good friends of ours fly down to meet us and enjoy the second have of the trip, it was for our friend Kelcie's high school graduation. It was belated, as her father had passed away suddenly the year we were supposed to go together. Fastforward another year and a half and her Mom was able to make it happen and they met us for four days of this trip.

Her Mom, Gloria, was the one who made it happen.

The reason that I'm unable to continue is because Gloria passed away very suddenly just last week. She was diagnosed with an Aortic Dissection, which is a rarer issue that comes up with tearing in the inner wall of the aorta. It's identical to what John Ritter had when he passed away so suddenly. It's been very difficult for all of us, adding to the fact that they live in California. We were supposed to be meeting them in August at Disneyland as well.

This is very difficult as now her dear children Kelcie and Brandon are left without both parents in their early twenties, in addition to her oldest Vanessa, who is my age. I can't fathom what they're going through at this time.

I hope you understand why it will be difficult for me to write the remainder of this TR, as they were a part of it. I will leave you with some great memories of our time together on this trip.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Totally understandable why you can't continue, and I hope that you can continue to cherish the memories of the fun you had with Gloria.

I hope Kelcie and Brandon are doing okay (or as okay as they can be in this situation).

I am so sorry for your loss. NO need to apologize! I hope her children are able to find comfort and support to help them along.

I am so sorry to hear about that! :grouphug: How incredibly difficult for those kids. Thank goodness they got to spend the time together on this trip, but how sad. I hope they are able to help each other through this extremely challenging time. My heart goes out to their family (and yours as well). :hug:

So very sorry. Prayers and thoughts with you and her family. I'm sure we all completely understand how difficult this is for you. Take care of you.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please give our condolences to your parents as well. We will be praying for her family. :hug:

Danielle, please don't feel bad. It is completely understandable. I am so sorry to hear about this loss. Praying for both of your families. ❤️

How heartbreaking....my heart and prayers go out to Kelcie and her family, and to you and your family, and all those who love them. Completely understandable why you would not continue with this report. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. Of course everyone will understand not continuing this report. Hugs, prayers and pixie dust to both families!

lynn

I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss :( Lots of hugs to you all. I completely understand why you're not finishing this TR and respect your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter