My Dream wedding crushed...some advice please

You can have more than 18 people at a DCL wedding. Lisa and Pete have a PJ on here and she has tons of info on hers. I think they are having way more than 18. Check out her PJ !

You can have more than 18 people at a DCL wedding. Lisa and Pete have a PJ on here and she has tons of info on hers. I think they are having way more than 18. Check out her PJ !

that is interesting... I will have to check it out. I read somewhere that you can only have 18 (+ yourselves =20) ppl attend your ceremony. It also said that your reception is non existent. You have a cake cutting ceremony and champagne toast.... I assumed that was b/c on a cruise, all your meals are included. The disneyland option didn't appeal to us because world has so much more to offer. Its a bigger place with many more options as far as where you can get married and have the reception. thanks for the heads up about lisa's pj :thumbsup2 I will definitely check it out!

Hey there! We are having a DCL wedding and we have about 30 people so far! You can have up to 50 people and are charged 100 per 10 in increments of 10. Does that make sence. You can also have more, but there is a fee. Check out This PJ.....They had thier wedding on the Island. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1487443&page=29 You get about an hour or so for the reception including cake a toast some dancing and a piano player. It is in Palo. Then that night we will all be at dinner. Our wedding is on the Castaway Cay day so we really don't want longer then an hour for the reception....We want to spend some time at the beach. One of the things I love about the DCL weddings is you get DAYS to enjoy being with your guests instead of a few hours.

Only read first page, but just wanted to say that many families get married in the same church, sometimes it's because it's the church they attend. With others, it is just the cutest place in town. For some, it is tradition. Start a new tradition. Maybe your kids will even get married there!

That's good news! I'm glad to see you and your df pulling together to form your own family. It sounds as though his family could be difficult in the future, but if the two of you are strong and united, you can get through anything!

Hopefully you'll feel more like planning things soon. Just read all the trip reports and you'll start getting ideas. :)

Hey there! We are having a DCL wedding and we have about 30 people so far! You can have up to 50 people and are charged 100 per 10 in increments of 10. Does that make sence. You can also have more, but there is a fee. Check out This PJ.....They had thier wedding on the Island. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1487443&page=29 You get about an hour or so for the reception including cake a toast some dancing and a piano player. It is in Palo. Then that night we will all be at dinner. Our wedding is on the Castaway Cay day so we really don't want longer then an hour for the reception....We want to spend some time at the beach. One of the things I love about the DCL weddings is you get DAYS to enjoy being with your guests instead of a few hours.

That does make sense! Ok that is really good to know, since we were under the impression that they limit you to only 20 guests. I dont know that I'll get my mother on a cruise though, since she gets sea sick VERY easily.:sick:
Congrats on your upcoming wedding it sounds like you will have so much fun!

Only read first page, but just wanted to say that many families get married in the same church, sometimes it's because it's the church they attend. With others, it is just the cutest place in town. For some, it is tradition. Start a new tradition. Maybe your kids will even get married there!

I really hope to make this a tradition. I am really starting to get excited for my wedding! I know I will be pushing for my children to get married in Disney when the time comes!

That's good news! I'm glad to see you and your df pulling together to form your own family. It sounds as though his family could be difficult in the future, but if the two of you are strong and united, you can get through anything!

Hopefully you'll feel more like planning things soon. Just read all the trip reports and you'll start getting ideas. :)

Thanks! I have read through a bunch of pj's and tr's and I'm getting a LOT of good ideas and a lot of inspiration, especially from Caryn she is too funny and has some GREAT ideas that I will be "borrowing" :thumbsup2 I'm finally starting to get excited!!

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you are going for it! :banana: Now let the fun begin!!!

Thanks!! I have so many questions and so many ideas and so many thoughts going through my head! I'm going to call the disney wedding ppl either tonight or tomorrow night and start my planning!!

YAY! You deserve the wedding YOU want! I am excited for you!

:party: enjoy your planning, we look forward to hearing all about it! i know you wont regret following your dreams! pixiedust:

I was all set to be indignant on your behalf, and was, and then saw you were going with your heart!!!

Yeah!!! :dance3:

Congratulations!!

Can't wait to :surfweb: your pj!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter