My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

I went to Disneyland last week and saw that they had a Pork Belly Skewer special at Bengal Barbecue. It was awesome, and a pretty good sized portion at $5.99. They serve it with iceberg lettuce so you can make little lettuce cups.

18010544_10107823308648651_2942818708704703186_n.jpg

Wow! I hope they keep that. It looks amazing!

I liked the new version, but it does seem different. I'm not sure I can really pin point the difference; maybe it's a little less sweet...I think the lemon/lime flavor was also more pronounced. I don't remember exactly what the differences were, but I remember liking the DL mint julep better than the one at Brennan's.

I thought the ribs at BTBBQ were pork (at least the recipe card they hand out calls for pork ribs). That being said, to me, the taste of the ribs at RBT is very similar to what I remember from BTBBQ. It might be that they use a similar sauce/rub. I haven't had the ribs at Flo's.

Thank you! Looking forward to trying the new mint julep and comparing. I'm glad it still tasted good. I have been a Disneyland mint julep fan for a long time. Thanks also for your take on the ribs. My family is thinking about trying either River Belle or Flo's on our next visit. Sadly most of my party missed out on the Ranch BBQ and I wanted to find something close to it.

One of Figment's family went on a quick weekend trip to Disneyland at the end of April with some friends and their little one.

French Market
Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich - Jerked Spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw with Fried Yucca. This was one of the special offerings for the Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary. The sandwich had good flavor, but it was very spicy (the meat itself was spicy). The BBQ was more sweet than tangy. The salsa was also very hot. This is easily the spiciest thing I've had at the French Market.
P1000533_zps7hgvhqzv.jpg

Not pictured, but we also tried the Jolly Rodger Punch (Tropical Fruit Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango). It was good, but a little to sweet. I like the mint julep better (just like at Cafe Orleans, the mint julep at the French Market is now the new recipe).

Flo's V-8 Cafe
Roast Beef & Cheddar - Garlic Chive Bun, Carmelized Onions and Horseradish Aïoli served with Signature Coleslaw. My friends ate this and said they liked it.
P1000547_zpsq4huapbv.jpg

Turkey Dip - Potato Ginder Roll and Provolone Cheese with Turkey Au Jus served with "Radiator" Pasta Salad. The sandwich was pretty good. The meat was moist. The au jus was basically a very thin gravy, but it went well with the sandwich. The pasta salad was easily the best part of this dish. Lots of good flavor.
P1000548_zpsolzunxzc.jpg

Galatic Grill
The Light Side - All-Natural Odwalla® Lemonade with Granny Smith Apple and a Souvenir Light-Up Millennium Falcon. The lemonade was tart and refreshing on a warm afternoon.
P1000552_zpszcuqdsje.jpg

Paradise Garden Grill
Chicken and Waffle - Tender Chicken Breast dipped in Waffle Batter and lightly fried to a golden brown served with a Maple Bacon and Sage dipping sauce. Alas this is probably one of the worse things I've had at Disneyland. The chicken was okay (a little tough), but the skewer itself was very greasy/oily. The batter was more like funnel cake batter than waffle batter in texture and it was very sweet by itself. The dipping sauce was way to sweet. It reminded me of eating syrup that had been diluted with sugar water and I couldn't taste either the bacon or the sage in it. There were pieces of bacon in the sauce, but they just tasted like the syrup and were pretty limp. I was only able to eat about half of it before the sweetness was too much (and I like sweet stuff!). Overall, this would be better if it was less oily (that's probably a cooking issue more than anything) and if the sauce had been more savory than sweet (given that the batter was already sweet).
P1000565_zpsynfvfu3r.jpg

Last edited:

Jumping back to Figment's Food & Wine Egg-Stravaganza, 2017...

These are things that Figment didn't try, but he saw them in candy display cases throughout the resort. (The Easter items are no longer available.)
Catepillar Marshmallow Wands
DSC_0126_zpsjstwnyir.jpg

DSC_0029_zpszxn97ep2.jpg

Turtle Cake Pops
DSC_0127_zps1adkc5tn.jpg

DSC_0411_zpsshylcggq.jpg

Mickey & Minnie, Red Rose, and MSEP Turtle Cake Pops
DSC_0512_zpssygb2esl.jpg

Tigger Tail Marshmallow Wands - These were only at Pooh Corner in Critter Country
DSC_0514_zpsghjl3tri.jpg

Cheshire Cat Tail Marshmallow Wands
DSC_0130_zpsivaikcuv.jpg

DSC_0515_zps2naabgpp.jpg

Olaf Marshmallow Wand
DSC_0513_zps8g1o2ypi.jpg

Red Rose Cupcake
DSC_0132_zpsc6pp416x.jpg

Mickey Cookies and Cream and Minnie Red Velvet Cupcake
DSC_0133_zpsgufyagk8.jpg

Easter Mickey and Minnie Caramel Apples
DSC_0136_zps3mr2q5jb.jpg

March Gourmet Apple, Easter Mickey & Minnie Caramel Apples
DSC_0510_zpsh5xcqc1o.jpg

Hunny Pot & Apple Spice Apples - The Hunny Pot is only available at Pooh Corner in Critter Country
DSC_0511_zpshxautx6r.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey Apples
DSC_0399b_zpsdot8nccz.jpg

April Gourmet Apple
DSC_0412_zpsadt42hcq.jpg

Easter Egg Character Cake Pops
DSC_0407_zps75qakjjg.jpg

DSC_0408_zps3hei6iwm.jpg

DSC_0409_zpsxytzxlpp.jpg

DSC_0410_zpshmur7nwl.jpg

Mickey S'Mores Square
DSC_0031_zpssn3jxzqc.jpg

One of Figment's family went on a quick weekend trip to Disneyland at the end of April with some friends and their little one.

French Market
Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich - Jerked Spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw with Fried Yucca. This was one of the special offerings for the Pirates of the Caribbean 50th Anniversary. The sandwich had good flavor, but it was very spicy (the meat itself was spicy). The BBQ was more sweet than tangy. The salsa was also very hot. This is easily the spiciest thing I've had at the French Market.
P1000533_zps7hgvhqzv.jpg

Not pictured, but we also tried the Jolly Rodger Punch (Tropical Fruit Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango). It was good, but a little to sweet. I like the mint julep better (just like at Cafe Orleans, the mint julep at the French Market is now the new recipe).

Flo's V-8 Cafe
Roast Beef & Cheddar - Garlic Chive Bun, Carmelized Onions and Horseradish Aïoli served with Signature Coleslaw. My friends ate this and said they liked it.
P1000547_zpsq4huapbv.jpg

Turkey Dip - Potato Ginder Roll and Provolone Cheese with Turkey Au Jus served with "Radiator" Pasta Salad. The sandwich was pretty good. The meat was moist. The au jus was basically a very thin gravy, but it went well with the sandwich. The pasta salad was easily the best part of this dish. Lots of good flavor.
P1000548_zpsolzunxzc.jpg

Galatic Grill
The Light Side - All-Natural Odwalla® Lemonade with Granny Smith Apple and a Souvenir Light-Up Millennium Falcon. The lemonade was tart and refreshing on a warm afternoon.
P1000552_zpszcuqdsje.jpg

Paradise Garden Grill
Chicken and Waffle - Tender Chicken Breast dipped in Waffle Batter and lightly fried to a golden brown served with a Maple Bacon and Sage dipping sauce. Alas this is probably one of the worse things I've had at Disneyland. The chicken was okay (a little tough), but the skewer itself was very greasy/oily. The batter was more like funnel cake batter than waffle batter in texture and it was very sweet by itself. The dipping sauce was way to sweet. It reminded me of eating syrup that had been diluted with sugar water and I couldn't taste either the bacon or the sage in it. There were pieces of bacon in the sauce, but they just tasted like the syrup and were pretty limp. I was only able to eat about half of it before the sweetness was too much (and I like sweet stuff!). Overall, this would be better if it was less oily (that's probably a cooking issue more than anything) and if the sauce had been more savory than sweet (given that the batter was already sweet).
P1000565_zpsynfvfu3r.jpg
Will they bring the K Bobs back before June 4th? The menu options do not look appealing!

Midnightred

Will they bring the K Bobs back before June 4th? The menu options do not look appealing!
According to Disneyland.com, the Corn Dog Castle is slated to re-open on May 11. So hopefully at that point the current Paradise Grill menu will go back to Corn Dog Castle. However, I don't know if the Mediterranean food will return to Paradise Grill or if they'll close it (like they've done in the past) or put in some other menu.

Thanks for posting ... some of these look really yummy! I've got to try the Funnel Cake Fries with Mango and Raspberry Coulis!

Now for the important part ... when will Figment be reviewing these items? :lovestruc

surprised nobody has any summer of heroes foods up! everything looks so good from there of what i've seen!

I thought it was pretty good! But then I've always liked the combination of hot dogs and Mac n Cheese since I was a kid.

It's a good combo! I need to add this to my list! Thank you, Alison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter