My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Figment_jii
Thank you for your Red Rose Tavern review. I really can't get over Figments beast Mickey ears!!
DO you make them yourself?

Figment's Food & Wine Egg-Stravaganza, 2017, Continued...

Jolly Holiday, Snacks
Jolly Holiday is one of Figment's favorite places to take an afternoon (or late evening break). He likes to watch the parades from the outdoor seating area while enjoying some of the really yummy snacks that are offered.

MSEP Peanut Butter and Jelly Eclair - This was something new at Jolly Holiday. The eclair was filled with peanut butter and jelly (it was probably strawberry, but it was hard to tell). It was actually pretty good and the decorative chocolate plate was very cute.
DSC_0247_zpsxys1cx06.jpg

Raspberry Mickey Macaron - This is Figment's favorite item at Jolly Holiday. They were really popular this trip and frequently the bakery had sold out of them well before closing.
DSC_0249_zpsivsaklu8.jpg

Chocolate Eclair - This was the more typical eclair with a chocolate pudding style filling. Yum!
DSC_0474_zpsfdaxiz9q.jpg

Opera Cake - This is another one of Figment's favorite items at Jolly Holiday. It's only offered occasionally. Very dense and rich, with a strong chocolate and mocha flavor.
DSC_0478_zpsdi74jfzk.jpg

Trio of Ladybug Macarons - These were so cute (and tasty)!
DSC_0576_zpskxzzyftq.jpg

DSC_0214_zpsgnjvalhi.jpg

Chesire Cat Shortbread Cookie - This was another Electric Parade treat. The cookie was good and the jam layer added some nice flavor.
DSC_0434_zpsrqq4qw9d.jpg

Cove Bar, Dinner
The Cove Bar is one of Figment's favorite lounges in Disneyland Resort. It was a great view of Paradise Pier or the Boardwalk area and really good food. The only drawback is that the line is usually very long and they've discontinued the call back system so you have stay in line the entire time. The line was about an hour long when Figment got there.

Cotton Candy Lemonade - Figment decided to try one of the Signature (but non-alocholic) drinks at the Cove Bar. This was had cotton candy flavored lemonade topped with a cloud of cotton candy. The drink didn't really have a strong cotton candy flavor, but it was good. The cotton candy was fun to eat.
DSC_0392_zpskvrwztt3.jpg

CB Lobster Nachos - Tender Lobster Pieces atop fresh House-made Tortilla Chips with Black Beans, Pico de Gallo, Chipotle Crema, and our Signature Aged Cheddar and Oaxaca Cheese Sauce. These are one of the best dishes in DLR! The nachos are really yummy and there is a lot of lobster. So good!
DSC_0396_zpsg2jn8xjf.jpg

Artisan Flatbread - The flatbread varies and this time it featured chicken, pork rinds, and BBQ sauce. The flatbread was very good!
DSC_0399_zpsvgqivc6y.jpg

Trio of Tri-Tip Sliders - Mojo Criollo with crispy Onions, Barbecue with Tangy Slaw Bacon, Arugula, and Blue Cheese served on Toasted Brioche. This dish has three cute sliders with different toppings. Figment likes the Mojo Criollo with Crispy Onion one the best, then the Barbecue with Tangy Slaw. They're all really good and the meat is very tender.
DSC_0400_zpslf3nl5w2.jpg

Wine Country Trattoria, Dinner
Figment really enjoyed his previous meal at the Wine Country Trattoria (the first visit was pretty bad, the second was very good, so a third was needed!). He opted to have dinner one evening. It was getting chilly outside, but they had the patio heaters on, so the patio area was very toasty (bordering on too toasty...Figment's family needed to wear their hats to keep the heads from feeling like they were getting baked!).

Bread Service - The meal starts with bread service, which includes balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping.
DSC_0017_zps2elm1534.jpg

Alla Vongole Fettucine served with Clams, Parsley, Garlic, Olive Oil, Chili Flakes, and White Wine. Figment likes pasta with clam sauce, so he tried it with two different pastas. The first was fettucine, which was pretty good. He also tried it with campanelle pasta. It was also good, but he did have to send it back to the kitchen because it came to the table room temperature.
DSC_0018_zpsuwjhtczu.jpg

DSC_0022_zpssdatmfvg.jpg

Osso Buco - Slow Braised Lamb served with Creamy Polenta and Seasonal Vegetables. The osso buco was very rich and flavorful.
DSC_0023_zpss9myi9f1.jpg

Next time...Cafe Orleans, Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, the Plaza Inn, and much more!

My high schooler is heading to DL/CA next weekend on a class trip. Any recent pictures of menus (counter service or sit down) and prices so the kids can get an idea of what to budget for lunches and dinners? Realistically they will probably be sticking to counter service eats. Thanks.

My high schooler is heading to DL/CA next weekend on a class trip. Any recent pictures of menus (counter service or sit down) and prices so the kids can get an idea of what to budget for lunches and dinners? Realistically they will probably be sticking to counter service eats. Thanks.

The menus and current prices are also all on the Disneyland App, which is also super useful when you're in the park, trying to find something that sounds good nearby. It is also useful as a map, a bathroom locator, a times guide for parades and shows, and it will also tell you wait times and Fastpass availability times! I would have your kid download it now and start exploring!

Cafe Orleans
Cafe Orleans is one of Figment's favorite places to have a lunch. He usually requests a rail table so he can do some people watching while he eats.

Mint Julep - The Mint Julep has changed! It's no longer green and has a slightly different flavor. It was still good, but Figment missed the old look of the drink.
DSC_0178_zpshhdnpkff.jpg

Pommes Frites - Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. This is one of Figment's favorite appetizers! So yummy!
DSC_0181_zpsbvrytlis.jpg

French Onion Soup - Sautéed Onion Medley in traditional Broth with Crostini and Melted Gruyère. Even on a warm day, Cafe Orleans' French Onion Soup is really good.
DSC_0184_zpsdpaessb0.jpg

"Crescent City" Salad with Pan-seared Atlantic Salmon - On top of fresh Mixed Greens, tossed with Caramelized Pecans, Red Grapes, Navel Orange Segments, Caramelized Onions, Chopped Green Onions, Roasted Sweet Corn, and Orange-Cilantro Vinaigrette. A yummy salad with lots of good toppings!
DSC_0186_zpsshrdl6zt.jpg

New Orleans Gumbo - A rich, flavorful Stew with Chicken, Andouille Sausage, and Tasso Ham served with Louisiana Rice. The gumbo goes great with the Pomme Frites. So good!
DSC_0188_zpsnwawyww9.jpg

Lost Treasure Beignets - Shimmering Lemon-flavored Beignets with Vanilla Anglaise and Fruit Coullis. In honor of the Pirates of the Carribean's 50th Anniversary, the eateries in NOS had special menu items. Cafe Orleans (along with the Mint Julep Bar) were featuring "Lost Treasure" beignets. They had a slight lemon flavor and distinct yellow/gold color. The fruit coullis was really good. So far, Figment's liked the holiday peppermint beignets the best, but these were probably his second most favorite (he's also had the regular, gingerbread, and pumpkin beignets).
DSC_0195_zpsbb9gw04h.jpg

Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Dinner
Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is Figment's favorite place in DTD. There is both indoor and outdoor seating; when the weather is nice, the outdoor patio is a great place to eat and people watch.

Popcorn Calamari - Creole mustard aioli and marinara sauce. This is Figment's favorite appetizer at Brennan's. He gets it (almost) every time. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
DSC_0262_zpscouxlt6x.jpg

Grilled Medallions of Beef - Filet mignon, crawfish mashed potatoes, bacon and pecan crusted green beans, zinfandel reduction. This was something new for Figment. The filet mignon medallions were cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes had a lot of good sized pieces of crawfish in them.
DSC_0265_zpswhgw0noo.jpg

Creole Caesar Salad with Sauteed Crawfish - Romaine Hearts, Cherry Tomatoes, Rosemary Crouton, Creole Caesar Dressing, Shaved Asiago Cheese. Sometimes Figment feels like having a salad and this is one of his favorites.
DSC_0266_zpsqji5devw.jpg

BBQ Shrimp & Grits - “New Orleans” Barbecue Sauce, Andouille Sausage-Parmesan Grits. So yummy!
DSC_0269_zpsxpmyhywj.jpg

River Belle Terrace, Lunch
The RBT has become Figment's favorite spot for a last meal at DLR. He orders the ribs and can take home any of the left overs for one last Disneyland meal! The outdoor patio has a nice view of the Rivers of America and New Orleans Square. It is an outdoor patio, so some of the tables are better shaded than others and sometimes there are extra "guests" wandering between (and above) the tables!
DSC_0416_zpsyw3rizxq.jpg

Pork Spareribs - Spice-rubbed and Slow-cooked served with cole slaw and potato salad. The ribs are Figment's favorite dish at RBT. They very tender with lots of good flavors. Each plate comes with six ribs (and two sides), which is lots of food! He likes the cole slaw (tangy) and potato salad (creamy).
DSC_0421_zps99uysnur.jpg

Pork Spareribs - Spice-rubbed and Slow-cooked served with cole slaw and tater bites. He also likes the tater bites (with extra BBQ sauce for dipping!).
DSC_0424_zpsp1cmrhdp.jpg

Plaza Inn, Lunch
The Plaza Inn is another favorite place to get some food to take home. Figment has found that the fried chicken dinner travels well.

MSEP Cake - Figment didn't try this cake, but it was very colorful!
DSC_0427_zpsgj7axpw7.jpg

Fried Chicken Dinner - Three pieces of Chicken fried to a golden brown and seasoned with distinctive Herbs and Spices and served with Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables, and a Buttermilk Biscuit. They're back to the green beans! Figment really likes the chicken. It's very crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. So yummy!
DSC_0433_zpscfwknkul.jpg

Maurice's Treats, Snack
Figment wanted to try the new grey stuff dipping sauce that Maurice's Treats was offering. The trick was going on a day when the Enchanted Rose Sipper cups were not in stock. When the cups were in stock, the line almost wrapped all the way back to the cart!

Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist - This was a savory twist; very bread-y (it's a bagel, so that was expected), with a fair amount of cheddar and garlic flavor. It tastes best when it's still warm.
DSC_0571_zps0ktjoaqh.jpg

Grey Stuff Twist with Grey Stuff Dipping Sauce - This was new. The Grey Stuff Twist was filled with a chocolate-flavored filling. The Grey Stuff dipping sauce was smooth and soft. It had a good flavor (cookies and cream-like) and went really well with the twist. Figment likes this twist and dipping sauce the best!
DSC_0573_zpsixmxvuti.jpg

Love your reports!!
Any idea how long the Pirates anniversary goodies will be around? We go the end of May and I would like to try the golden beignets!
Thanks for sharing!!

They just said the PotC items would be available for a "limited time" but didn't specify an end date. If I had to guess, I would say probably until the demand dies off or maybe they're hoping to have them around through the opening of the new Pirates movie.

Maurice's Treats, Snack
Figment wanted to try the new grey stuff dipping sauce that Maurice's Treats was offering. The trick was going on a day when the Enchanted Rose Sipper cups were not in stock. When the cups were in stock, the line almost wrapped all the way back to the cart!

Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist - This was a savory twist; very bread-y (it's a bagel, so that was expected), with a fair amount of cheddar and garlic flavor. It tastes best when it's still warm.
DSC_0571_zps0ktjoaqh.jpg

Grey Stuff Twist with Grey Stuff Dipping Sauce - This was new. The Grey Stuff Twist was filled with a chocolate-flavored filling. The Grey Stuff dipping sauce was smooth and soft. It had a good flavor (cookies and cream-like) and went really well with the twist. Figment likes this twist and dipping sauce the best!
DSC_0573_zpsixmxvuti.jpg

Treats, Snacks, and Other Goodies
Golden Churro - This was something new for the PotC 50th Anniversary. Figment thought he'd give it a try. The CM described the flavor as being like Fruit Loops, which was not far off. The lemon flavor wasn't really pronounced, but it did kind of have an generic "fruit" flavor. It looked neat (all shiny gold colored), but Figment likes the taste of a regular churro better.
DSC_0261_zpszdxxld5z.jpg

Starbucks Mocha
- Caffiene time! This tastes just like a Starbucks Mocha that you can get at any Starbucks, but it does come in a cute co-branded cup! (Hint: It goes great with an ice cream sundae from Clarabelle's.)
DSC_0358_zpstopbcmwi.jpg

Mickey Peanut Butter Square
- These are one of Figment's favorite confectionery treats at DLR. So yummy!
DSC_0030_zpslljlkyzi.jpg

DSC_0032_zpskrdg05l0.jpg

Steamboat Willie Chocolate Caramel Apple
- This was a new design that Figment hadn't seen before (he only saw them at Trolley Treats on Sunday!). It was really cute (and very yummy!).
DSC_0415_zpsle2snrsx.jpg

Hand-Made Easter Eggs
- They come in a variety of flavors. Figment got two different ones: Chocolate Creme Fudge and Chocolate Nut Fudge. They are so rich, but so good!
20170415_211442_zpsnfortagj.jpg

20170415_225917_zpsczmdfhf6.jpg

No two eggs are the same because they're hand-made at the Candy Palace (we only saw them making them on Saturday morning). It was fun getting to watch them make the eggs at the Candy Palace! They deliberately make the tops a little rough (not smooth) before applying the little white chocolate figure.
DSC_0044_zpssoytcvgp.jpg

DSC_0046_zpsg4eof3ex.jpg

That was a lot of yummy food. Thank you for sharing the memories:flower3:
There are so many yummy things to try at Disneyland!

Figment, your postings are always great! Love the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do it!
Thanks! It's always fun to "relive" our meals by going through the photos and writing up the reports. :goodvibes

They just said the PotC items would be available for a "limited time" but didn't specify an end date. If I had to guess, I would say probably until the demand dies off or maybe they're hoping to have them around through the opening of the new Pirates movie.
Thank you! :)

Thank you all for the reviews and pictures. I enjoy reading them and getting ideas for my next visit.

I have a question about the new mint juleps. How different do they taste? I always loved the old version and was disappointed to see they have changed it. For those that have had both versions how would you rate them? Also how does the Disneyland Mint Julep compare to the non-alcoholic one at the Jazz Kitchen?

Lastly, ribs. How would you rate the ribs between Flo's V-8 Cafe and River Belle Terrace? I know the ones at Big Thunder BBQ were beef and it looks like both of these are pork. Which version is closest to the Big Thunder taste? Thanks.

I have a question about the new mint juleps. How different do they taste? I always loved the old version and was disappointed to see they have changed it. For those that have had both versions how would you rate them? Also how does the Disneyland Mint Julep compare to the non-alcoholic one at the Jazz Kitchen?
I liked the new version, but it does seem different. I'm not sure I can really pin point the difference; maybe it's a little less sweet...I think the lemon/lime flavor was also more pronounced. I don't remember exactly what the differences were, but I remember liking the DL mint julep better than the one at Brennan's.

Lastly, ribs. How would you rate the ribs between Flo's V-8 Cafe and River Belle Terrace? I know the ones at Big Thunder BBQ were beef and it looks like both of these are pork. Which version is closest to the Big Thunder taste? Thanks.
I thought the ribs at BTBBQ were pork (at least the recipe card they hand out calls for pork ribs). That being said, to me, the taste of the ribs at RBT is very similar to what I remember from BTBBQ. It might be that they use a similar sauce/rub. I haven't had the ribs at Flo's.

This has been added to my "must try" list! Looks super yummy. Excited to get my hands on one in 7 days. Lol! :thumbsup2

I went to Disneyland last week and saw that they had a Pork Belly Skewer special at Bengal Barbecue. It was awesome, and a pretty good sized portion at $5.99. They serve it with iceberg lettuce so you can make little lettuce cups.

18010544_10107823308648651_2942818708704703186_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter