• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Must Do' at DLRP?

I think I'm going to buy the new Brit's Guide as my 2004/5 one is a little out of date. I could do with you people drawing up an itinerary for me. ;)

Do buy the new guide. I bought one for our trip in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!! :goodvibes (sorry about that) and the information is so up to date and helpful. I am so used to Disney World that i am glad i have the book to remind me of all the great bits of DLRP that i had forgotten about or are unique to the park!

Hope you have a great trip!

Do buy the new guide. I bought one for our trip in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!! :goodvibes (sorry about that) and the information is so up to date and helpful. I am so used to Disney World that i am glad i have the book to remind me of all the great bits of DLRP that i had forgotten about or are unique to the park!

Hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! I've just found the 2008/9 version on WHSmiths website for £6.59 and they deliver for free. Will get that ordered. I really like the way the author writes and he contributes to these boards too, doesn't he?

Scary coincedence. As for going back to California, we were there for 3 weeks in feb/March earlier this year. time before that was 2002 (Mikey was conceived at Disney's Grand Californian!!!)

Well Dave, you don't get more dedicated to the cause than that.:rotfl:

Thank you! I've just found the 2008/9 version on WHSmiths website for £6.59 and they deliver for free. Will get that ordered. I really like the way the author writes and he contributes to these boards too, doesn't he?
QUOTE]

he recommends these boards which is how I found my way here - so anyone whos sick of me can blame the Brits guide

he recommends these boards which is how I found my way here - so anyone whos sick of me can blame the Brits guide[/QUOTE]

Same here. He is probably responsible for most of the people finding their way here.:)

he recommends these boards which is how I found my way here - so anyone whos sick of me can blame the Brits guide

Same here. He is probably responsible for most of the people finding their way here.:)[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend rolled his eyes when i got all excited when i saw Disboards in the book. He's a Disney Virgin, i am trying to educate him! :lmao:

i've always found the tram tour a must do!!! i love all the fire lol

I would say:

Thunder Mountain, Buzz and It's a Small World ride wise.

And Cafe Mickey and Walt's meal wise :)

Definitely Cafe Mickey though!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

My boyfriend rolled his eyes when i got all excited when i saw Disboards in the book. He's a Disney Virgin, i am trying to educate him! :lmao:[/QUOTE]

My DH is glad I've got these boards so that I don't drone on to him all of the time. He likes Disney, he just doesn't love Disney.:confused3

i've always found the tram tour a must do!!! i love all the fire lol

At last, something I have actually done! :laughing: I really enjoyed this too. I didn't like the one with fire where you just stand there and watch everything go up in flames - is it Backdraft or am I confusing all of my themepark experiences?:confused:

Thats armageddon, backdraft is universal - both very similar though, and I'm not a huge fan of either.

My bf thinks I'm mental! But i think he likes that i have somewhere to vent my disney obsession.

He also admints our recent trip was awesome because of all the little details I knew about and stuff we got to see!!!

My bf thinks I'm mental! But i think he likes that i have somewhere to vent my disney obsession.

He also admints our recent trip was awesome because of all the little details I knew about and stuff we got to see!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, my DH is concerned about my Disney obsession too. I'm sure all of my crazy planning and researching will be appreciated by him in the long run.:laughing:

Yes, my DH is concerned about my Disney obsession too. I'm sure all of my crazy planning and researching will be appreciated by him in the long run.:laughing:

Tell me about it! With less than 2 weeks to go, i need to get my DIS fix every few hours or i will explode! My BF is excited but not THAT excited!

Tell me about it! With less than 2 weeks to go, i need to get my DIS fix every few hours or i will explode! My BF is excited but not THAT excited!

Lol. When I have 2 weeks to go, I might be on here 24/7. I'll be celebrating 5000 posts or something!:laughing: Where are you staying?

Lol. When I have 2 weeks to go, I might be on here 24/7. I'll be celebrating 5000 posts or something!:laughing: Where are you staying?

Santa Fe, we are both students so its all we can afford. But to be honest we will be spending most our time in the parks, so we don't mind much!

How about you?

We stayed at Santa Fe in 2005 and I really liked it. We're staying in SL this time because DH really liked the look of it. We are on a tight budget too but I keep getting tempted to spend more money on things I read about on these boards. lol

We stayed at Santa Fe in 2005 and I really liked it. We're staying in SL this time because DH really liked the look of it. We are on a tight budget too but I keep getting tempted to spend more money on things I read about on these boards. lol
SL is a really nice hotel!! My bf had never stayed at DLRP before and really loved it!! You'll have a great time!!

SL is a really nice hotel!! My bf had never stayed at DLRP before and really loved it!! You'll have a great time!!

I can't wait! What about you though? You're staying at DLH - I would love to stay there! Are you staying in a standard room? I think I read that you had a promise of a special welcome - am I right? I hope you get upgraded to CC.

Haha, me too! Although i don't think it would be very fair on the people who have paid loads if I get CC for free!

We just have a standard room booked as you dont get the free night on CC rooms.

I can't wait for DLH!! Have dreamed about staying there for over 12 years so it will be nice whether I get any extra magic or not!! :)

Haha, me too! Although i don't think it would be very fair on the people who have paid loads if I get CC for free!

We just have a standard room booked as you dont get the free night on CC rooms.

I can't wait for DLH!! Have dreamed about staying there for over 12 years so it will be nice whether I get any extra magic or not!! :)

The rooms look beautiful, don't they? I am determined to stay there one day but with 5 of us, it's looking less likely. I might do an anniversary trip for just me and DH... it's our 20 years one in 2009!:rolleyes1 These boards are a very bad influence. I'm sure you'll have a great time!:yay:

The rooms look beautiful, don't they? I am determined to stay there one day but with 5 of us, it's looking less likely. I might do an anniversary trip for just me and DH... it's our 20 years one in 2009!:rolleyes1 These boards are a very bad influence. I'm sure you'll have a great time!:yay:
Aww, that would be ace! Very romantic!!

This board is the reason most of us book DLH i think!! If I hadn't seen all the pictures and stuff I wouldn't have been half as desperate!!!

Well there is a five person family room at the DLH, but the prices are crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter