'Must Do' at DLRP?

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Hi everyone,
After reading these boards avidly for almost a week, I've come to the realisation that there is an enormous amount of knowledge here! Although I have been to DLRP once before, I don't want to miss something brilliant second time around, so I wondered if people would be willing to share their one ESSENTIAL OR MUST DO ACTIVITY so that I can make a note of what I should do on my trip!! :)

Juliette

Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, you have to experience that!!

:goodvibes Candleabration in the dark is also a whole different experience from seeing it in daylight hours.

Oh I like the idea of both of these. Could the 'dark' theme be anything to do with approaching Halloween trips? lol.

I think it's easy to miss some magical things when you are rushing around, trying to fit everything in. I want to get the most out of my trip but most of all I want it to be memorable.

Juliette

I think a meal at Cafe Mickey is essential! The characters, the food, etc.... Its all so Disney!!!! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

As already said BTM in the dark

going onto the balcony of the castle

Spending time chilling and enjoying the beauty of the park

Looking round some of the other hotels

I'm definitely booking Cafe Mickey. I didn't even know you could go on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle - you see that is exactly the sort of thing I would have missed! Thank you!

Keep them coming...lol

No, this attraction was closed when we went in Jan 2005. Is it a must see? I'm making notes of all of these!

Juliette

Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, you have to experience that!!

Have to agree with this - its a totally different ride in the dark. If you're lucky you'll also get to see the light moving from room to room on Phantom Manor as we did during our night time rides last week!!

TOT is my must do now though- even though it scares the life out of me!!:scared1:

I like the Phantom Manor tip! I'm going in January when the park closes at 6pm (I think) so will it be dark enough for all of these experiences? My eldest DD and I really want to try TOT. The advertisements for it are scary enough!

These tips are all gems - I didn't do any of these things on my first visit, and I thought I was well-informed and well-planned!!!lol

I haven't resorted to replying to myself, I just wanted to see if my new ticker was working.
Yay.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Cafe Mickey, i would say thats a must do. It's so much fun with the characters!!
The Lion King show and also the Once Upon a Dream parade are brilliant too! I didnt get to see all of the Lion King show properly last time but loved what I did see but im really looking forward to watching it properly next time!

Ashleigh x

Everything is a must do!! loool

I like to try and see the different shows that are on if we go in a different season but i also have to watch the parade at least once, have a meal at Cafe mickey, go on BTM in the dark, go on TOT & RnR and sit and watch the world go by in the disney village in the evening.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Cafe Mickey, i would say thats a must do. It's so much fun with the characters!!
The Lion King show and also the Once Upon a Dream parade are brilliant too! I didnt get to see all of the Lion King show properly last time but loved what I did see but im really looking forward to watching it properly next time!

Ashleigh x

The Lion King show was also closed the last time we went! I definitely want to catch it this time around although I'm worried we won't because I've read it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I don't think we paused for breath on our first visit - I intend to take it more slowly this time and look around me a little bit more. I can't wait for Cafe Mickey. Think I'm going to book that for about 6pm on our second day so that the children can see all the characters up close.:)

Cafe Mickey is a must-do, I agree! We saw a wicked lightening display over the lake when we were there. The food is yummy and the characters spend loads of time at your table. I'm hoping to go there for my birthday during our November visit.

If you haven't done it yet - Cinemagique is also a must-do.
Its unique to DLRP I think, isn't it DLRP gurus???

Not sure if its unique, but its well worth seeing. Particularly if its raining (but you might still get wet!!)

If you haven't done it yet - Cinemagique is also a must-do.
Its unique to DLRP I think, isn't it DLRP gurus???

What is Cinemagique? Is it a show? :confused3

Is the stunt show worth seeing? It doesn't really appeal to me but I've heard it's good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter