'Must Do' at DLRP?

I haven't done the stunt show, as it doesn't appeal to me or DD.

I love Cinemagique - its a movie, but so much more :love: . I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise ;) .

I love Cinemagique - its a movie, but so much more :love: . I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise ;) .[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm intrigued! I'll be adding this to my list.

The stunt show gets good reviews but whenever I've seen trick motorcycle stunts or car chase things I get bored very quickly. And then I read it was 30 minutes long and I thought 'yawn' - I could do something else in that time.

I like all of the things recommended in this thread - it's like A Rough Guide ;)

I really enjoyed the stunt show first time we did it but once you've seen it once I dont think its as good - worth seeing at least once though

I agree, it's worth seeing once. Although it's not my kind of thing I did enjoy it.

Make sure you ride the railroad train all the way round the park. :goodvibes

Make sure you ride the railroad train all the way round the park. :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

That's yet another thing I didn't do last time. Blimey, what did I do last time??:confused3

I think I'm going to buy the new Brit's Guide as my 2004/5 one is a little out of date. I could do with you people drawing up an itinerary for me. ;)

The stunt show is great but I reckon its a more of a boy's thing. Also if its raining be very careful as it gets slippery on the metal walkways and we almost ended up in hospital after an accident (spilt open elbow ouch!)
Cinemagique is a movie, loads of effects etc. :tigger: :dumbo: :donald: :ccat:

All of the shows are fab - it just depends how long you are going for. The ones not to be missed in Dislaneyland park - Tarzan/Lion King. Both had really long queues so must start lining up around 30 mins before (that was August though!). If you cannot get into the english version of the lion king buy some food in the food court and you can watch the show whilst eating. There are seats for the main show then are seats for people eating! Have to also agree the night time candlebration is excellent as are the fireworks.

Studios - Cinemagique, animagique, cars stunt show, lilo and stitch show.

Cafe Mickey is a must - there are so many queues/fights in the park to meet/greet characters. Its well worth the money. The kids meals are around 17 Euros but for that they get a souviner cup/meal and buffet dessert which is fab and has things like yogorts/fruit/sweets/more sweets/chocolate cake/ice cream etc etc. Its best to buy autograph book before going into Mickeys Cafe as you'll meet around 8-10 characters. We went a few times as the kids loved it. They come to your table so no stress. Meals for adults are around 20 euros.

Cafe Mickey is a must - there are so many queues/fights in the park to meet/greet characters. Its well worth the money. The kids meals are around 17 Euros but for that they get a souviner cup/meal and buffet dessert which is fab and has things like yogorts/fruit/sweets/more sweets/chocolate cake/ice cream etc etc. Its best to buy autograph book before going into Mickeys Cafe as you'll meet around 8-10 characters. We went a few times as the kids loved it. They come to your table so no stress. Meals for adults are around 20 euros.

I'll definitely do as many shows as I can. Still hesitant over the stunt show so I might just send DH to that. Cafe Mickey is a definite. I didn't bother last time as it looked so busy but I suppose that's all part of the experience. Thanks for the tip about the autograph books. I'll have to buy those as soon as we get there as I'm planning to do the character brunch at the Steakhouse. If we arrive at CDG at 9.10 am - will we get to the park on time for brunch at say, 1.30?

You'll have plenty of time to get to your lunch reservations.
Our flight into CDG is around the same time, and we are in the parks at the latest at noon (and thats with checking into our hotel, and taking our cases to our room).

That's great. I can't wait to make reservations now!

Hmmm, well for me these are the must do's for it to feel like a DLP visit:

- Phantom Manor
- a trip on the rivers of the far west
- Explore the caves of Adventure Isle
- PotC
- Visit the dragon
- It's a Small World
- Star Tours
- The Nautilus
- Buzz a few times
- a meal in either Walt's (while the parade is on, neat view) or the Silver Spur
- a ride on the train all around the park
- a nose in Harrington's on Main Street
- Take in the live non character entertainment (TamTams, Cowboy Band, Dixieland band etc)
- Tarzan/Lion King
- a nightime trip on BTM
- Fireworks if on
- Explore Alice's Curious Labrynth

WDSP

- Tower of Terror
- Stitch Live
- Cinemagique
- Moteurs Action (doesn't sound like your cup of tea, but after a dozen viewings, I still can't get enough)
- RNR coaster (at the back)
- Armageddon if a short wait
- the streetmousephere groups
- good morning WDSP

Other things

- Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show - best attraction in all of DLP
- a meal at Annette's/the Steakhouse/California Grill
- Seeing a live band at Billy Bob's
- Cocktails in the Fantasia Bar in the DLH (or Sequoia Lodge if winter)

Thank you davewasbaloo! I loved Phantom Manor and look forward to Tower of Terror. Excuse my ignorance, but what are the caves of Adventure Isle?

Adventure Isle runs between the Treehouse and Skull Rock, it is full of caves, treasure, hidden sculptures and fun bridges!

I know nothing! lol. I think I need to book more trips...

Here are some pics of the Isle:

Thanks so much! :goodvibes I love your photos and I'm getting even more excited about our trip now. Your children are adorable - I have a daughter called Jess too.princess: I'll be reading your report when the kids are in bed.

Thank you, that's too sweet. You have great taste in children's names!

Ours are Michael (named partially in honour of a mouse and ex disney CEO) Sequoia (I am from California and have native american blood - but a nice DLP link too)

Jessica (for the rabbit maybe?) Rose (briar rose, sleeping beauty, and used in Napa Valley in the vinyards).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the trippy.

Wow - that is too strange - my Jess is also Jessica Rose! She was born on Valentine's day so we went with an image of romance. I love your son's names.

We went to California in 1997 and 'did' the theme parks - do you ever go back?

Scary coincedence. As for going back to California, we were there for 3 weeks in feb/March earlier this year. time before that was 2002 (Mikey was conceived at Disney's Grand Californian!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter