Move over Dumbo our circus is taking over! Surprise trip adventure!!

That Pirates thing was hard to get shots in, you didn't do badly at all. And sadly, it's already gone. It closed sometime last fall to make way for the third track they are adding at TSM.

Oh, and I love the Sven magic shot! I wish I had seen that one when we were there.

Well going into this blind. Not knowing what to expect I don't think they came out so so bad. I know i will do so much better NEXT time with the new woobie.. IF this is here for our NEXT TIME?
Isn't this to be closed too?!?!
It closed soon after you saw it. Too bad you won't get another chance to see it. There were a few different scenarios so it was an attraction you could go to more than once and get a different experience each time.

You had me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: with your $600 cleaning cloth that came with a free camera. :rotfl2:

Yay fo ryou and your new camera.

LOVE the photos with Sven...I loved that area.

We were not impressed with that Pirate thing at all and were told at the time NO PICTURES. And yes, it is (or has already) closed.

I wish I knew what to do with that awesome camera, I love taking pictures, but am not very good at it..I drive my grandbabies crazy taking pictures all the time..lol

Procam is my new favorite camera store EVER!!! They have EVERYTHING and on site. Chunk was 'helping' a lady with her Nikon and a new lens i was be booping over to the cash register. I bought a 600.00 cleaning cloth!
and it came with a free camera!!!!
YES YES YES! I bought a new woobie!!!! seriously i bought a new camera and they gave me the cleaning cloth!

Major congratulations on your new woobie (camera)! Since we're both in the Chicago area I looked up just where Procam is located. I'm guessing you didn't drive to the Detroit location so you ended up at their new location in Aurora near the mall. I'm not too far from there in Romeoville. Based on the map it looks like that's where one of the old Ritz Camera's was located. I'll have to stop in soon to see what they have. Thanks for the tip! I'm looking for another lens and hopefully I can save some money. BTW, Stay Warm!!!

I loved all the updates.

So sad to see you packing up... But you get to go back - so all is right in the world. :lovestruc

Loved your tsm photos...

Such a bummer about missing Jedi training though - I've heard that fills up super fast.

Yes, I love BLSRS better than TSM too... And I freely admit it. Pulling those plug thingies makes my hands sore.

The photos inside the Pirate thing are cool too - I am sure it's very hard to get those.

Congrats on the new lens cleaning cloth - and the new camera too. :woohoo:

D~

That Pirates thing was hard to get shots in, you didn't do badly at all. And sadly, it's already gone. It closed sometime last fall to make way for the third track they are adding at TSM.

Thanks! yeah i didn't know what to expect in there so the little point and shoot didn't do too bad. I love that dang camera.
I figured it was closed. I didn't know it was to expand TSM! This is great information!!! THANKS!

Oh, and I love the Sven magic shot! I wish I had seen that one when we were there.

Isn't it cute? I didn't know it was going to be a magic shot until they said to point! cool beans! I do like Sven a whole bunch too...

It closed soon after you saw it. Too bad you won't get another chance to see it. There were a few different scenarios so it was an attraction you could go to more than once and get a different experience each time.

Figured as much.. I don't see much staying in that building. But to have another track for TSM sounds great!

You had me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: with your $600 cleaning cloth that came with a free camera. :rotfl2:

Sounds better doesn't it?!?! That is how i sold it to Tom.. :joker: how can you say NO to that logic?!?

Yay fo ryou and your new camera.

Thank you I am really excited to get it out there and start shooting again! This weather is just the pits. I might have to make a trip to the museum?!?!? Ohhh i CANNOT wait to get to the zoo with this bad boy! I am gender confused in what my camera is... o_O boy or girl?!?!

LOVE the photos with Sven...I loved that area.

It was a nice surprise! I just thought it was a cute backdrop. but he said to point and i got all excited to see what the magic shot would be!

We were not impressed with that Pirate thing at all and were told at the time NO PICTURES. And yes, it is (or has already) closed.

I agree... it wasn't thrilling. The kids didn't even like it all that much. We never stopped for the nardia thing either when it was there.. Nothing like doing a whole bunch of new and closed things this year for us!!! LOL

I wish I knew what to do with that awesome camera, I love taking pictures, but am not very good at it..I drive my grandbabies crazy taking pictures all the time..lol

Looks are deceiving. it's very easy to do. you just need to know your settings.. If you were interested in something like this i would go with a smaller DSLR learn all the cool features then move on up, Like me! I LOVE it all.. I live on you tube to do cool things...

Major congratulations on your new woobie (camera)!

Thank you!!! I am very very happy!!!

Since we're both in the Chicago area I looked up just where Procam is located.

:thumbsup2 it's a COOL STORE!!!

I'm guessing you didn't drive to the Detroit location so you ended up at their new location in Aurora near the mall. I'm not too far from there in Romeoville.

Oh heck no! No Detroit for us! I live on the south side of Chicago.. I am next to the lake and Indiana. so it was a bit of a ride for us.. WELL WORTH the trip! Driving to cool places is never an issue for my compadre and i when we are on a mission!!!

Based on the map it looks like that's where one of the old Ritz Camera's was located.

This is exactly where it is. HUGE store.

I'll have to stop in soon to see what they have. Thanks for the tip! I'm looking for another lens and hopefully I can save some money. BTW, Stay Warm!!!

Remember ask for Richard! he is fantastic. 25.00 for a cleaning? Can't get any better then that.
If they don't have the lens on hand they will have it delivered from the Detroit store next day which i love too.. So this will become my home store for ALL camera necessities! I need a couple of filters next.. but i have to wait. then on to a wide lens. and a fishy! :cheer2: I am so excited about this.

I loved all the updates.

Why thank you my dear!!!

So sad to see you packing up... But you get to go back - so all is right in the world. :lovestruc

It did suck... no matter what, packing from home is the worst.

Loved your tsm photos...

thanks they are very yellow..

Such a bummer about missing Jedi training though - I've heard that fills up super fast.

well when your up and at the gate for rope drop i am sure you can make it in.. unlike us. where i could NOT get everyone up and moving.. I could not believe this family this trip...

Yes, I love BLSRS better than TSM too... And I freely admit it. Pulling those plug thingies makes my hands sore.

Yep! i do like Buzz better.. i think it is a fun ride... Not to say we don't like TSM but if we miss riding it, it won't ruin our trip..

The photos inside the Pirate thing are cool too - I am sure it's very hard to get those.

Not with my NEW TRUSTY CAMERA it wont!!!

Congrats on the new lens cleaning cloth - and the new camera too. :woohoo: D~

Why thank you i am in love with that cleaning cloth! the camera is nice too.. HA HA HA HA

The first thing i thought about was Maine!!!! :cheer2: oh the pictures i will have!!!! Better be frame, and worthy of my web site to sell them!

:Pinkbounc

Yesterday. I couldn't wait to get home and pull out the new woobie. then pulled out my lap top for you tube. It has a setting on it called CA which i guess does some creative shots.. I don't know yet.. Still playing.
Using it normally is just LOVE and amazing! I think i am going to start the kids on my old girl. :woohoo:

Today i have practice for volleyball I believe this will be the last practice. and honestly i am ready for the season to be over. the parents were HORRIBLE the one coach was a jerk thankfully it's her last year here.

i am ready for next year. I don't know what i am going to do with my team. I don't think a couple of the girls will sign up again WHICH WILL BE A DREAM COME TRUE for me. if they do i am thinking about splitting up the team for A and B someone else can deal with the ignorant people. I am done with it.
Coaching is the most thankless job ever. This is my very first year of not bringing home a trophy too.. I am sad about it.

Starring Rolls with some STARS!
When your hungry where do you go??? Starring Rolls OF COURSE!!!!! They have the BEST sandwiches ever.
This is also where Matt decided to become a BRAT! Mr. I am a big kid and no longer wants kids meals... Sorry Charlie your getting a kid meal. he wasn't happy AT ALL this was your LAST time getting them your NEXT TIME i have to pay for you to be an adult. So deal with it for the last time here for a while. besides i was splitting my lunch with them.. shut it.

Our Lunch:

I had the turkey and Tom the Ham. I split my sandwich with the kids, i knew i wouldn't eat that whole thing.

what was next?!?
These beauties!!!

Oh my LOVE OF ALL CUPCAKES. these were the best on the planet! we all shared since they are the size of Matt's head. it was AWESOME.

while we were sitting I knew we were ready for our next STARS of our trip!!!

Who is that masked marauder? None other then LOIS!
Isn't she a hoot?!?! I just love her. She had made MORE GIFTS! can you believe this? All of you have spoiled these kids this trip...

The kids STILL use everything!!! They are their 'special' writing and pictures... Nothing but the best in there..
I have a really cute picture book AND a Kleenex holder which is proudly sitting in my car.

not the picture book but the tissue holder... I love it. villains!!!
IF at any point i run out of tissue the kids will fill it promptly. SO to say anything made for us this year is special is an understatement, I want you all to know how these things are so very close to our hearts and we think of you all often every time we use them. OH AND i had something for Lois i wanted to give her and Dan at this point.
Unfortunately it had gone missing in the packing frenzie.. it is sitting on my kitchen counter with a couple other gifts i STILL have not sent out!!! i seriously need to get to the post office....

We had ONE more star we were waiting for here.. we weren't upset about moving. We were enjoying each others company and chit chatting with Lois and Dan, until the texts started to come in...

She has touch ground and on their way...

Yep! Nicole, Joe (DH), Joey (DS) and Matt (DS) who we will call Lil Matt so there isn't any confusion!!!

I really wanted Nicole and family to meet Lois and Dan, as i am sure they would run into each other often on their trips!!! Plus i wanted my friends to become friends!!! YAY ME!

We said goodbye to Lois. Nicole really wanted to do a certain ride with us. Nicole has bad motion sickness (although i believe most of it is in her head..) But she was READY... So was DS Joey. Joe and Lil Matt sat this out...

Me laughing AT HER

the kids:

classic.. there is so much to say about this. yet i have no words to describe the awesomeness going on here.

Up next is more fun with the stars!

Yum! Starring roles cupcakes! You always do that to me right before lunch!

Yeah for some fun DIS meets!

Boy do I wish my motion sickness issues were just in my head! But my poor stomach thinks otherwise. :rotfl:

The additional track for TSM is a rumor right now but considering they also moved the Frozen store which was on the left of TSM I think it might be true. They definitely are adding a third theater for Soarin' (I've seen construction pics there) so I think the third track for TSM would make sense.

Oh, and I just got to work because we had a 3 hour delay due to an inch of snow. ::yes::

Hey Lady!!! Loving the rest of your departure day!

Congrats on the new camera!!!! How awesome that you scored such a great deal! I can't wait to see some pictures taken with the new baby!

I love the pictures you got of TSMM. I do like Buzz and don't think your nuts for your decision. I've ridden Buzz more times than I can count and will forever ride it more than TSMM. Anything with Buzz is okay in my book!

What is that pirate thing you took pictures of? Not that it matters as everyone said it closed, but what is it??

Love that you got to meet up with friends! I am going to make one of those green mickey heads because I have yet to have a Dis meet and I really want to have one!!!!!

Great RnRC Ride Photo!!!

We are totally stuck in a rut at DHS - we've never been to Starring Rolls. I didn't know they had actual food. I thought it was just bakery items. I guess we might have to check it out later this week. ;)

Oh man! The ice on your legs. That makes my legs hurt just thinking of how your legs must have been feeling. That's a lot of ice!
And being able to get the same parking spot every time- and naming the tree! That is so funny!
Awesome new camera!
Eventually I would love to get a nice camera to replace the cheap point and shoots I always get.
I love Meg's Minnie shirt.
And all the sven pictures.
I wish I could have seen the pirate show while it was still there.
It was closed by the time we got there.
And those cupcakes look yummy!

Way to make the most of your last day! Sorry about missing Jedi training, that's a bummer. We'll be trying for this for the first time in March when our nieces/nephews are with us and I'm trying to stress the importance of getting there EARLY to everybody. Hopefully they listen!

The good news is that when you finally do get to do it, you'll have even better pics with your NEW camera!

You said you live on the South Side right? I teach in Bridgeport, we live further Northwest but still in the city. We have a looooong countdown til our next trip, but it'll be a big one for us. We're planning to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo I'm living vicariously through the TRs of all my DIS friends for the time being!!

Nothing beats Starring Rolls for counter service. And those cupcakes....:worship::worship::worship: I can't wait to have one in about 68 days.

So glad you got to see Lois again and how sweet of her to come bearing more gifts.

And then another DIS meet. And you talk about me? :rotfl2:

Although I won't do Rock & Roll, I LOVE those photos.

Yeah! We were so excited to be able to meet Lois and Dan! And of course we were excited to see you guys too! We had such a blast in 2011-only wish we had more time with you guys this time.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: NO! Not "L" day! I"m crying for you too. I keep purposely not updating my TR because I'm getting closer to L day, and I don't want to re-live it again.

I loved your Dumbo pics. They were awesome. Any pictures of Dumbo at night are great.

Um, your stuffed animals. Especially Meg's room. Multiply that by about 5 and you have my girls' room. It's crazy.

Sorry the kids didn't get into Jedi Training, but I"m so glad they were okay with it. The Jack Sparrow show looked cool. I"m sad we missed it.

Starring Roles looks really good. We may have to try it in August.

What fun meet-ups you had.

And OMG, both of your RnR pics. Priceless. I can't stop laughing.

A new Woobie!!!! That is awesome and such a great deal - $600 cleaning cloth and free camera....

I like Buzz better because I am better at it....

My Notifications are off again.. Including my own report!!!
So i am going through the alerts now.. I hope i am not missing anyone's report. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM!!!

Oh and your all killing me with the new avitars.. It's like all new people i am so used to the old ones i have to go back to make sure you are who you are!!! HA HA HA HA Like a NFL player without a helmet type of thing... Im just as bad with beaker over there.. I have to change back to my LOVE Jack.

Yum! Starring roles cupcakes! You always do that to me right before lunch!

HA HA HA HA! Sorry! it's the best place in all of HS... i would KILL for one of those cupcakes now..

Yeah for some fun DIS meets!

I did have some awesome dis meets!!!! I am not done with them either!!! well it didn't actually happen IN disney but it is still a Dis meet!!! We need a Dis meet... I do believe Tom and Jim would get along famously. They have tons in common with music.

Boy do I wish my motion sickness issues were just in my head! But my poor stomach thinks otherwise. :rotfl:

I'm so sorry about your motion sickness!!! I know Nikki has a patch. Which totally helped her with RnR and other rides.. One of these years i WILL get her on ToT!

The additional track for TSM is a rumor right now but considering they also moved the Frozen store which was on the left of TSM I think it might be true. They definitely are adding a third theater for Soarin' (I've seen construction pics there) so I think the third track for TSM would make sense.

I knew about Soarin, very needed. Hopefully it will cut down the wait times! Same with TSM. We will always ride TSM at least once in our trips. hopefully the third track will be a lot more fun too!
I am really excited to see the new movie for soarin too...

Oh, and I just got to work because we had a 3 hour delay due to an inch of snow. ::yes::

Yeah but didn't you have like a ton of ICE under that snow?!?!

Hey Lady!!! Loving the rest of your departure day!

Howdy!!! It's a fun day but it is still D DAY... Boo

Congrats on the new camera!!!! How awesome that you scored such a great deal! I can't wait to see some pictures taken with the new baby!

Thank you!!! as soon as this stupid weather breaks i plan on RUNNING out to play with it.. Until then i might run to a museum....

I love the pictures you got of TSMM. I do like Buzz and don't think your nuts for your decision. I've ridden Buzz more times than I can count and will forever ride it more than TSMM. Anything with Buzz is okay in my book!

Thank you! I do like Buzz better... glad to know i am not the only one... nor the minority!

What is that pirate thing you took pictures of? Not that it matters as everyone said it closed, but what is it??

It was a projection show on the walls. it was done very well kinda cute with the main jolly roger as the narrator Jack is always the best. I will say it was really cool because the projections looked like REAL people!!!

Love that you got to meet up with friends! I am going to make one of those green mickey heads because I have yet to have a Dis meet and I really want to have one!!!!!

Oh i do LOVE Dis meets!!!! So fun to put a face to the people on here!!! i have to say the best people i have met in life are the people i have met here. You NEED a Dis meet!!!

Great RnRC Ride Photo!!!

Thank you!

We are totally stuck in a rut at DHS - we've never been to Starring Rolls.

WHAT?!?! How can this be?!?!?

I didn't know they had actual food. I thought it was just bakery items. I guess we might have to check it out later this week. ;)

NO! It has the BEST sandwiches ever! HUGE sandwiches too... Yep it's a QS the cupcake comes with the QS you must do this.. They do close early so make it there! then come back and tell us all about it!

Oh man! The ice on your legs. That makes my legs hurt just thinking of how your legs must have been feeling. That's a lot of ice!

It sucked. No other way to explain it.. just hurt pins and needles from the swelling. the bags of ice were water in a few hours my legs were that bad. thankfully i have these knee pad things that have ice packs built in. So i was able to wear them when i got back to help with the swelling. I PRAY this doesn't happen ever again. I need to step up my walking routine when the weather breaks here.

And being able to get the same parking spot every time- and naming the tree! That is so funny!

I know right?!?! so funny!!!! it was crazy like the spot was reserved for us!

Awesome new camera!

Oh how i love this new baby!!!

Eventually I would love to get a nice camera to replace the cheap point and shoots I always get.

if you take a lot pf pictures you should get a decent P&S then when your ready go up to the DSLR. you just start to see things differently when you become a shooter!

I love Meg's Minnie shirt.

HA! she isn't short she's FUN SIZED! I found it at target i think SHE NEEDED to have this shirt!

And all the sven pictures.

They were a nice surprise!

I wish I could have seen the pirate show while it was still there.

The show was interesting! i am excited to see what comes next...

It was closed by the time we got there.

SORRY! I did you tube it a lot to see if it was something we would be interested in.. It was different and fun..

And those cupcakes look yummy!

To die for i tell you!

Way to make the most of your last day!

Thanks! you know we have to go out with a bang!

Sorry about missing Jedi training, that's a bummer. We'll be trying for this for the first time in March when our nieces/nephews are with us and I'm trying to stress the importance of getting there EARLY to everybody. Hopefully they listen!

Eh, I kinda knew we wouldn't make it with my sleepy head family.. NEXT TIME i will pour water on their heads to get them up and moving! I swear i won't deal with this again... Or drag them into the shower...

The good news is that when you finally do get to do it, you'll have even better pics with your NEW camera!

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! I am jsut over the moon with excitement to go out and start shooting! My house is blah and boring. NEED to get outside!!! NEED to get back to Disney!

You said you live on the South Side right? I teach in Bridgeport, we live further Northwest but still in the city.

Get out of DODGE!!! As you know i work for the city.. Guess where? BRIDGEPORT is my main office!!!! I'm on Pershing and Ashland! i am sure we know a lot of the same people?? well you know the kids and i probably work with their parents! HA HA HA small world again!

We have a looooong countdown til our next trip, but it'll be a big one for us. We're planning to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo I'm living vicariously through the TRs of all my DIS friends for the time being!!

OH MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSS this is going to be EPIC. how long of a wait?!?!?

Nothing beats Starring Rolls for counter service. And those cupcakes....:worship::worship::worship: I can't wait to have one in about 68 days.

68 days... your killing me... Yes Starring rolls is a MUST DO on all of our HS days. our first visit we just stumbled upon it we fell in love ever since!

So glad you got to see Lois again and how sweet of her to come bearing more gifts.

Isn't she a doll??? What a fantastic person. I do hope one day you will meet her and Dan they are seriously so nice.

And then another DIS meet. And you talk about me? :rotfl2:

I don't have nearly as many as you do! :rotfl: and I still have ONE MORE to talk about!!! :hyper: :hug: ;)

Although I won't do Rock & Roll, I LOVE those photos.

The kids picture is a a favorite of mine.. they are so funny in there. The ride has become very shaky. You have never been on RnR?

Yeah! We were so excited to be able to meet Lois and Dan! And of course we were excited to see you guys too!

yeah yeah... :laughing:

We had such a blast in 2011-only wish we had more time with you guys this time.

it was awesome to meet up... I have lots more pictures with us. as i am sure you do too... HA! Still need a weekend to get together...

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: NO! Not "L" day! I"m crying for you too. I keep purposely not updating my TR because I'm getting closer to L day, and I don't want to re-live it again.

I know.. I hate this.. have you noticed how i have slowed down with the updates?!?! I don't want it to end.. How do i prolong it?!?!

I loved your Dumbo pics. They were awesome. Any pictures of Dumbo at night are great.

Thanks.. they aren't anything i would hang on a wall.. NEXT TIME with the new woobie will be epic.

Um, your stuffed animals. Especially Meg's room. Multiply that by about 5 and you have my girls' room. It's crazy.

Meg's room was only the Disney ones. there was a ton more on the floor. Then there is still the basement.. which is a flooring of stuffies. and like you, i am sure, we keep buying them.. We are to blame for this craziness! HA HA HA HA.

Sorry the kids didn't get into Jedi Training, but I"m so glad they were okay with it. The Jack Sparrow show looked cool. I"m sad we missed it.

Next time we will make it there.. after i pour ice water on them all to get them up and moving.
the show was neat. But no something i will miss.

Starring Roles looks really good. We may have to try it in August.

TELL ME YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED IT?!?!

What fun meet-ups you had.

I did.. I really love meeting everyone on here!

And OMG, both of your RnR pics. Priceless. I can't stop laughing.

I knew you would appreciate them!!!! my favorite by far!

A new Woobie!!!! That is awesome and such a great deal - $600 cleaning cloth and free camera....

I like Buzz better because I am better at it....

HA! Yep best deal on the planet! :jumping1:
You nut! Buzz is the better ride and i am glad i sis say something! as i can see i am not the only one and we all are in agreement! :love:

Don't think i will get an update as it's already 9am here. My work is piling up i have a couple of meetings and TONS of paperwork to get done
This project is still in the infantile stages and i need to get something together for my meeting with the big boss on Friday! :scared1:

Have a great day!!! Talk soon!!!

Again PLEASE tell me if i am missing any reports?!??!

My Notifications are off again.. Including my own report!!!
So i am going through the alerts now.. I hope i am not missing anyone's report. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM!!!

Again PLEASE tell me if i am missing any reports?!??!

YOUR MISSING MINE!!!! But you can wait for tomorrow because I will be updating again tomorrow. I keep wanted to update and then the next day I know I am getting something that I will want to add!!! Supposed to be getting some MAJOR Mickey Mail today so I want to add that in.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter