Mouths Agape,eyes Full Of Glow The Spongie Family Is Ready To Go! Update Last Day

Now this was a ride that we had to skip in order to see and ride the others
We decided to hit Grizzly River Rapids it was Lonnie , khrystian, Logan ,Camden and myself This ride was a nice break and all but Mayson it was a fun family moment
Let's just say that Jayedyn got soaked , yea Camden was putting his head down so he did not get splashed,, his whole back side was drenched and Jayedyn had to change her clothes after .
riverrapids_edited-1.jpg

riverrapidsgeyser_edited-1.jpg

riverrapidsafter_edited-1.jpg

So now she was wearing her matching Princess Jayedyn Star wars disney shirt.. we walked right pass the Redwood Challenge The kids were not too interested in this walked past golden scream where i snapped a photo of Capn' hook
dca1stoct2610-26-20074-27-47_edited.jpg

The kids were starving at this time so we headed over to The Pacific Wharf for some food the kids had some soup in bread bowls which can i say is to die for .. after our tummies were full i could tell the kids were getting exhausted from our early morning so we headed towards Paradise Pier, Where Daddy let them play some Games until they each won a stuffed animal
We did not ride alot of the rides over in that area due to such long waits
We were going to hit the California screaming but the wait time said 55 mins and the line wrapped around and around so as we were waiting i looked over at the kids who looked a lil bit bored and decided that we would head back over to disneyland and finish our day there Hopefully it would not be too bad a wait as DCA
After a go around on King Triton's Carousel
dca1stoct2610-26-20074-06-44AM.jpg

dca1stoct2610-26-20074-07-49.jpg

we made our way to the front and crossed over to Disney Upon arriving in the line for Disney

This is where my Disney magic was stolen for the week
By a very Rude, Very Unprofessional CM named Marguerite (Okay Here is the story ) Upon crossing Dca as we left I guess we were supposed to have our hand stamped so that we could park hop to disney but that did not happen so instead of helping us she began yelling at us and then accused us of stealing tickets and how would she know if we did or not . I very politely asked her why this was needed and she still yelled at me By this time DH was peeved and he began telling her to let us in and that we did not know after he chimed in i guess she was very intimidated by him and she called us stupid Tourist as she let us through and also mubbled under her breath about how stupid people who were incompentant readers should not be let in ... I had , HAD enough and was so mad that i was crying and did not want to even step foot in the park , She then began yelling at my MIL about her ticket and i ended up screaming at her that i already showed it to her and that i was not stupid ... I started my way up to city hall to complain, when i got there i probably looked horrible and began spilling my guts about how someone so rude could work at the Happiest Place on Earth and that she had ruined my day and i was so happy i was leaving tommorow and she reassured me and said she was so very sorry that this had happened, the funny thing was when i said The CM name it was almost like she knew who it was . She ended up taking my name address and phone number and i left trying to put a smile on my face for the kids but they knew something was wrong.... Lonnie trying to cheer me up said "Let's go see Jack he can make you smile or drool whatever works . I laughed at him and we made our way over to POC while on our way
there was Jack In the show on Tom Sawyer's island so lonnie and my MIL started snapping away pictures the best they could .
jacksparrow3_edited-1.jpg

We once again rode POC and hit New Orleans Square watched the Mardi Gras parade
and then took the kids to get there souvenirs at Pieces of Eight they could choose anything they wanted and they ended up getting LIL' Trinkets
Camden got a POC gun that has a light up skull
Logan got Some POC coins with mickey on them
Jayedyn got the red head girl Minnie Plush from POC and then a Jack sparrow Minnie plush also ,
Mayson got some Mickey Ears which for some reason we did not have his name engraved on them (slappin head like homer simpson DOH)
Khrystian wanted a sword from a lil' Cart in Sleeping Beauty's Castle so we made our way over there He got his sword and so did Logan and Jayedyn got her minnie princess ears
Camden got some Mickey ears also with no engraving on them (DOH) I really wanted a Pirate Princess watch but it was pretty expensive so i bowed out gracefully .
We rode Big Thunder mountain and had a blast
While waiting for my turn Camden pointed out a hidden mickey in the cactus
Then it was me and Jayedyn's turn That ride is such a rush especially if you do The Goat Trick (which as you go around the turn you watch the goat at the top and only the goat it gives you such butterflies
I heard it about this on someone's Trip Report...
The kids are exhausted and we want to see the fireworks and parade but the wind is blowing pretty badly now . So we head on over to Fanastyland so the lil' ones can ride some more rides
I did not know that MIL was snapping these pictures of me and lonnie By sleeping beauty's drinking Fountain.
disneylastoct2610-26-20076-25-43AM.jpg

meandlonnsbfountain_edited-1.jpg

and of course Jayedyn needed her picture also
disneylastoct2610-26-20076-25-32AM.jpg

while heading out through the castle we saw a marriage proposal and headed over to snow white's fountain for some last min photos
snowwhiteandfountain_edited-1.jpg

disneylastoct2610-26-20076-19-46AM.jpg

We ask a CM if they are doing fireworks and she say's that they don't think they are because the wind was blowing a lil bit to strong so we make our way out of the park
People are lining up for the parade and Mayson decided's it's all about him he is shaking people's hands and giving rock to all the people on the sides and waving like he is part of the parade Luckily the people were really nice and are appeasing him
rockplease_edited-1.jpg

It takes us about 15 mins to walk Main street to the front gates.
disneylastoct2610-26-20076-56-35AM.jpg

While waiting for MIL to turn in her scooter we stop for a few pictures
disneylastoct2610-26-20077-02-17AM.jpg

disneylastoct2610-26-20077-02-50AM.jpg

And all in all it is a great ending to a wonderful trip except for the fact that Jayedyn did not get to do Ariel's Grotto and wear her princess dress i worked hard on but she is not bitter one bit.
As we are making our way to the Tram My MIL stops at the ticket window, with complete puzzlement on our face we wait .
We load up on the Tram and 4 outta the 5 kids are out by the time we get to the car.
We load up all our stuff and Make our way out for the last time, We end up back at the hotel and the kids are out cold asleep and snoring very loudly
i begin to pack our stuff
I start to put Jayedyn's Princess dress in the suitcase and MIL tells me not too I look at her puzzled she reaches into her purse and pulls out two Park hopper passes for Sat. for me and Jayedyn and a Reservation for Ariel's Grotto @ 8:40
She apologizes for being a B**** and that Jayedyn can't miss her breakfast and she has to wear her dress i worked so hard on .. I tell her thank you and continue to pack because i now have to have this done before we go to breakfast tommorow..
Next chapter the last day hanging at Ariel's Grotto

Ok I have not been keeping up with all the TRs- But I just read your latest installment- How nice of you MIL to do that for Jayedyn!!
I am hoping to go to Disneyland this fall- just got the ok today to check into it!:woohoo: :woohoo: So I will be going back and rereading all the disneyland reports!
Hope you had a great time at Ariels Grotto!! :goodvibes

:woohoo: We got an update, we got an update:woohoo: You had a really busy last day! Yikes:scared1: scarey seatbelt incident - I am always so worried about that! Scarey CM at the gate, too. :sad2: I'm glad you were able to have a nice day, and MIL was on her best behavior, too! pixiedust: I can't wait to read about your princess: breakfast!

Yayyyy! I LOOOOVE that TOT photo...everyone in the back left is FREAKed out :cool2: heh.
So? Did your MIL watch the kids OK whilst you rode TOT?

See, now we HAVE to go together! You didn't do Soarin' or Screamin'! Those are our fast pass rides. We don't wait in no stinkin' lines :snooty: Except the fast pass lines can get longish too.

I can't believe your MIL felt the need to share (scream) that Jayedyn is part Jamaican. :eek: I would have died!

It was cool she bought the park hoppers and Ariel's Ghetto TIX. That was one expensive meal! :flower3:

Yay, Spongie! :yay:

Tower of Terror without a seatbelt! :scared1:

Camden's face in the photo with Lighting and Mater, could that grin get any bigger??? :lmao:

Mayson on the parade route :cool1: :rotfl2:

Jayden and Will Robinson :lovestruc

You and DH in front of the statue :love:

Wow, your MIL bought 2 tickets just to get Jayden in to Ariel's Grotto? That is sweet. :cutie:

Wow! Great Update. The natives are apeased. :yay: I think that was the nicest thing your MIL could have done. Those are pricey tickets. Great update!:goodvibes And that picture of you and your husband is so sweet!

Loved the update! Especially Jayedyn and Will :lovestruc too cute! My Jayden will be happy to see new photos of Khrystian when she gets home from school ;) And I LOVE the photo of you and Lonnie! I think we are going back Oct. 15-20, (UEA is the 16-17) so get ready to caravan!

I am actually just loading my pictures all to photobucket and writting our day at Ariel's so i can finish up my trip by next week . i think the hardest part is loading the pictures ... especially with 3 kids off track from school and a 2 yr old and 5 yr old who want all my attention...
The writting is easy since i already have that much done because of my journal i wrote while standing in lines or waiting to ride rides...;)

Hi ya Misty!! Great update!!

I'm so glad you complained to City Hall!! :mad: Maybe she got her "just dues!"

All of your pics are great!!

And that was pretty nice of your MIL, I'll have to say. She must have felt pretty quilty!!!:guilty:

Can't wait to hear the Princess story, and see the "dress!!!" princess:

OMG! TOT without a seatbelt!!! :scared1: You must have been absolutely terrified when you saw that!

We had a similar experience at Disney with the hopper pass thing. We had our hands stamped, but didn't realize we needed to show our tickets again to get in. The CM told my SIL (Barbara) who is hard of hearing that he needed to see her ticket. But, since she is deaf, she didn't hear him. He started yelling at her, and she was confused and embarassed. I was so mad at him that I filled out a complaint too!

I can't believe you MIL did that for you!

Oh Misty, great update. Love the pictures of TOT, your DH looks so scared. I wouldn't go on that ride either. The whole no seat belt thing would have freaked me out too. The pictures of Will and Jayden are cute also. You have such a beautiful family. I am so shocked that MIL bought you those tickets. That was very nice of her considering all the drama she usually causes. I can't wait to see those pictures. Ariel is my fav too.

What a fabulous update! I love the pic of you and Lonnie in front of the statue. How sweet is that?!

Wow. That was amazing that your MIL stepped up. See, there's some good in everyone (sometimes it's just very difficult to find). And I love Mayson waving to the crowd (I do that too):)

Wow what a long update.....with lots of pictures! :cool1: Glad you had such a great day, well except of that stupid CM who got fired the next day (one can hope right?). I can't believe the seat belt didn't make the ride stop when it came unbuckled. Seriously. Glad you fixed it in time...that pic is priceless...you all look like youre being tortured! Can't belive MIL bought you and Jaydeen tickets....can't wait to see how it turns out! ;)

Wow, this has been one exciting ride. What a great trip report. I am so glad I found this as I was looking through DL trippies. We are going in Dec & I am just loving reading about DL.

Your MIL is something else :eek: :scared: I hope you know that you have fulfilled your quota of taking her on vacation with all that you have put up with on this trip. You should neva eva have to go on vacation with her again :scared1: & please tell me you won't. It was a nice guesture that she came through with the tickets & breakfast reservation......:rolleyes1 but WOW is all I can say about her behavior. I am surprised you didn't blow up way before you did. :worship: I would have insisted she get her own room after the first night.

Your kids are adorable & I loved the Mickey/Minnie outfits & the pic of little Mr Mickey tooteling down Main Street is adorable.

Can't wait to read about breakfast & thanks for entertaining me this afternoon.

I just have to say that your picture on TOT is hysterical.:rotfl2: All the other people smiling and waving and your family looks terrified. (how I looked and felt when I rode it - but I didn't buy the picture)
I am happy to see that you MIL is human after all. She knows that you are great DIL!
Can't wait for more!!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter