Mouths Agape,eyes Full Of Glow The Spongie Family Is Ready To Go! Update Last Day

spongemommie05

DIS Veteran
2.Disney packing , rental car , and the trip begins Pg 3 Post # 35
3. 1st day @ the Park Day 2 Pg 4 Post#56
4.Universal Studios, Actor sighting, and meeting the Yellow Sponge ..Day 3 Oct 23rd pg.76 post #88
5. A Change of plans Day 4 Oct 24th Pg .9 Post 133
6. Hollywood Wax Museum (NOT)Mickey's Halloween Treat Day 5 Oct.25th Pg 12 Post 168
7. Goofy's kitchen,Emotional breakdown and Blowing up at MIL 1st part of Day 6 Oct 26th Page 13 Post 194
8. A Day @ DCA Park Hopping & A Suprise Pg 15 Post # 219
9.A royal Breakfast Hanging out @ Ariel's Grotto and Last Goodbyes
Pg 17 Post # 241

Okay,
I am throwing it out there my 1st trip report.

(Here goes, better throw my hand in
Wish me happy landing'
All I gotta do is jummmmppppp)
Thanks to Aladdin my inspiration as of now .

2rzxqxc.jpg

Thanks eatmypixiedust

The best place to start
vacationphotos1144.jpg

1 .Introductions-(in the form of Sponge Bob Characters )
Me (Myself of 32 yrs) Sponge Bob of course, always try to be positive and laugh in any situation.
DH 34 Lonnie of 14 yrs Mr. Krabbs Accountant need I say more
DS10 Khrystian Squid ward the entire attitude but is loving at the right time
DS8 Logan Patrick- very smart when needed but a lil lazy I am sad to admit
DD6 Jayedyn 2 characters best describe her. Sandy- she is all girl but can be pretty tough when the situation calls for it. Pearl - wants what she wants when she wants it (thanks to her Daddy)
DS4 Camden Plankton- will try as many plans as possible even if it means failure, always out to get the krabby patty recipe or attention, toys or whatever
DS2 Mayson Gary- a very quiet but intelligent fellow definitely likes to be out of his shell. Lactose intolerant and a very picky eater but he loves bath time ..
MIL 63 yrs old Annie - Mermaid man - ( can only walk a second before complaining and is known to forget what you said to her less than 5 seconds ago, But we still love her.) Does this just sum up the mood of our trip?

A Little Info about me:I have been to DisneyLand 1 time in my life, I can't really say that it was a fun trip and I enjoyed it.:guilty: Let me go back to a time of no responsibilities I was 15 years old and my family decided it would be a great idea to take our 1st trip to disneyland over 4th of July weekend (what were they thinking) I on the other hand being of very fair skin and blonde hair, blue eyes hardly travel any where or hang outside because me and the sun do not see eye to eye even in the shade. burnt to a crisp while sitting next to the swimming pool at the disneyland campgrounds (which probably now is a wonderful resort hotel) my memories of Disneyland are recalled as this, going over on the monorail and standing in line for storybook Land canal boats, the lady behind me rubbing as much suntan lotion on me in the 100’ plus weather while my blister's popped and my lips were frying under my hat . let’s just say "Sebastian had nothing on me" when people said I looked like a lobster they were not kidding. After this 30 min episode I decided I had had enough . and so I took the monorail back to the campground crawled into our tent and cried, mostly from disappointment and pain, I remember trying to sleep :headache: and going in at night for a few hours but only riding splash mountain while the electric light parade was going on and seeing tinker bell fly above the castle while the fireworks were going off , my brother signed some form, before I jumped in line he said it was for use of our pictures being used on a post card, but I bet you anything they did not use them because of the fried lobster in the scene, How perfect would that be, “Yes come to Disneyland ride all the rides have a special time, but remember to wear your sun block or you will look like her..”:eek: other than that memory , I sadly missed out on Disneyland I don't think I was ever that excited about going back (I know how sad, but so true)Until.... I met my DH and we moved to Northern California.
I lived in the bay area for 6 yrs and was only 5 hrs away from the house of mouse, every time we had planned a trip I would find out that I was pregnant and so instead of the amazement of a Disneyland adventure it was the shock and happiness that I would be a mother. Every time, my DH reassuring me that I would get there, next year. Or the year after , do you see a pattern developing? Well, let’s just say after 5 pregnancies and a complete Hysterectomy, I knew that there was no way possible that I could not go because I was pregnant, so me and DH began to plan the perfect trip,(How perfect can it be with 5 kids you ask ?) with the help of my best friend Utah Mama and all her excitement, suggestions, 1st hand knowledge and a special Disney thread (thank you for turning me into a dis peep) Oh, and I can not forget her Pulitzer prize trip reports, I was bound and determined that we would go this year and have a great time,
So after a few months’ and a lot of comparisons of different hotels, packages , we booked our trip For Oct 21st through the 28th:
The agenda : rental van driving from Utah to Las Vegas staying over night, driving to Anaheim Staying Off-Site @ the Castle Inn for 6 nights a 3 day park Hopper Pass( I definitely will be doing a 4 day next time) a character breakfast, a princess dinner for me and DD, Medieval times for the boys and of course being the huge fan of sponge bob a trip to Universal studios,
Now it is set we are really going I started to get a lil excited but my luck with Disney was imminent failure , disappointment as in my past, but I was determined to be positive. And keep chanting my new motto it will get done later “we are going to Disneyland” the most desperately needed remodel of the carpets in DD rooms as well as mine the floor downstairs and the yard . Trust me you can really avoid a lot of needs when planning a Disney trip I have learned .. Anyways! Moving on.
The day of all days happens and my excitement turns from positvity to stress.. What would a vacation be with out a lil stress… right? I know you are all thinking the worst possible scenarios, :scared: so stop right now …….I will give you a couple of mins to regroup… :laundy: breathe !!!! Okay enough!! on with the story….

One day while helping the kids with homework my MIL calls me and begins to ramble Off all these questions as to “what is all this talk about going to Disneyland” (as if we can't afford it , But really who can? or we shouldn't be taking our kids anywhere ) I very lovingly talk with my MIL while look at all my kids with a very evil eyebrow, and clenched smile (you know that one that say’s whoever told grandma is toast .) she is still rambling off some $$$$ figures and how many days my dh would have to take off and if we could afford it , blah, blah blah, what does she think we are not old enough to plan a trip??:
( Now I must stop and clarify a few things about my MIL , I do love her but she just lost her husband so she is lonely and sad, she just has 2 boys so she treats me like I am her daughter which is fine, but instead of just saying what she is really thinking she rambles on until we are so mad we just want to hang up on her, and then tells us the same thing over and over , and counsels us like we are newlyweds. Me and DH have been married for 14 yrs and do know what we are doing it is not like we planned a spur of the moment trip.....) Anyways ....
She had decided upon herself that she wanted to see her grand babies and that she wanted to come with us,:eek: after all that rambling and the anger I feel growing inside her intentions finally come out,:flower3:
and so begins the stress and the excitement of my happy 1st time at Disney it starts to turn into a “oh brother,”…next it hits me, why do I have to be the one to talk to dh about it she is his mom…?? :confused: So the brainstorming begins about how to break it to DH while spelling, reading and cooking dinner are all taking place, and more question dancing in my mind when do I do it? ….
As soon as DH walks through the door I began spilling the whole story.;) I have no patience plus by this time my stomach is in knots ,:sick: to my surprise it goes over pretty well DH and I way the Pros and Cons and we decid what the heck!!! So we call and add an 8th person, while giving my MIL the news , to our astonishment she say’s she will pay for food. “Hot Dog”” food is alot more expensive for 8 than what we were paying for tickets and hotel rooms . It is all set everything is ready now all we have to do is wait for it to get closer to trip time .. :surfweb: as sept begins to wind down I keep hearing a lot about the Mickey's Halloween treat party @ DCA ,my search begins I check out everything there is to know and find out that we could do that while we are there . ... So after a lil convincing or as DH calls it “selling” . Me and DH jump online and get tickets. For Thursday the 26th of Oct. (we wanted a Friday but in the 3 days it was sold out…:eek: ). How fun it would be to Trick or Treat at Disney, princess: :wizard: Back on subject... now a different adventure begins, what are my kiddos going to wear? :scared1:
Utah mama has stumbled onto a awesome boutique thread and wants me to join her in the sewing revolution, :grouphug: she was very persistent (even after a couple of trips to buy fabric with her) but I kept resisting chanting my motto “I am going to Disneyland” I am going to Disneyland” wow that is really cute , how fun would that be. Okay maybe a yard , Nah I must resist.:rotfl: It dawns on me One night while sleeping I have this vision that I could make some outfits for DCA . I wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and energized and ready to sew . the hunt begins my ds 10 wants to be a Jedi .ds8 wants to be a storm trooper, DD wants to be princess Aurora ds 4 Lightning McQueen and ds 2 Mickey mouse . Why did I ask them what they wanted to be?:headache: Some times a mother never learns. After the patterns were bought and material I once again have another vision that we all should be pirates easy enough ,pirate: so the search begins for those patterns and material:scared:
My family , house and laundry go straight down the drain as my brain and parts of my body you don’t use everyday begin to hurt..(under the fingernail because the seam ripper bit me or the leg because you forgot there was a pin left in the outfit ,,):rotfl: a lot of made up curse words and chanting “my seam ripper is my friend” all the encouragement of the boutique thread peeps,:hug: I finish all there costumes plus a pillowcase princess dress for dd , pretty proud of what I did ,I am still not satisfied with how they look, once again while sleeping a idea comes to me why not appliqué (which I have no idea how to do) a Mickey pirate head on each vest …and a Minnie on DD’s
So I began this miracle i say that because that is what it would take to finish , throughout the applique process i decide that I will make DD a hand made petticoat out of tulle and some custom outfits for the character breakfast, Ariel’s grotto and just for the park . This is when it is nice to have a partner in Crime ..
Thanks Wendy Lou . “Viva La sewing “:grouphug: i am gonna stop right there
I must make dinner for the kiddos ,
Next chapter Disney packing , rental car , and the trip begins . :cheer2: :cheer2:

Spongie!!!! That was awesome!!!! :hug: You are hereby NOT a Trip Report Virgin anymore!!:cheer2: I'm SO proud!!!! :rolleyes: I dig your Sponge Bob character list of your family! SOOO funny and dead-on! Your MIL sounds "special" :rolleyes1 I certainly hope she was no problem at all....BWA HA HA HA!!!! I already know how this pans out so y'all stick around...the MIL is a peach! popcorn:: I love all the outfits you made and appliqued and the costumes! Sooo cute!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Be glad your mil isnt mine... Certifiably psycho!!!:lmao: Looks good so far!:thumbsup2

Yay! I've been waiting for this TR! And you made DD a tulle petticoat? I'm impressed! Can't wait to read more! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Well, GRRR... we haven't even got on the plane yet!!! C'mon already, it's not like they need to eat EVERY day!

Off to a great start!!

You made all your costumes...wow can't wait to see them.

Hope I can keep all the names straight. Love the picture.

We take grandma with us all the time but it is my mom, my hubby is used to it now even includes her with out asking if she wants to come or not. I think he like getting the senior discounts on the hotel rooms.:rotfl:

Can't wait to here more.

I'm subscribed SpongeMommie05! Great start! :banana: :banana::banana:

You made me cry over the 1st trip experience. I can actually feel the sear of that sunburn from that Disneyland trip!!! :eek: I had a real bad burn like that at 10 y.o. & later found out I shoulda been at a hospital for 2nd degree burns. I remember the pain, ooze, clothes sticking in the wounds & vomiting lots for quite awhile!! :crazy2: Then at 25 y.o parts of that burn turned into skin cancer!!:scared1: Cancer's been removed & I'm freckled but good.

I can't wait to hear how the MIL fits into the TR!! :crowded: This should be good & don't wait too long to post the rest, k?popcorn::

Your sewing sista!!:grouphug: Who's also certifiably nuts creating Disney customs now! Yeah, we're addicted:woohoo:

Yay, Spongie! :cheer2:
And can you call it a vacation, really, if the outlaws are along? :confused3

And then what happened???

Great start Spongie!!!!! Woo HOO for you!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: (three banana minimum). Can't wait for the rest! popcorn::

yeah Spongie! Glad you are on your first TR too! We'll get through this together! I finally finished day 1 and I just have 2 days!:rolleyes1

Your story of the sun not liking you is so me. I have so many sunburned vacations sitting in a hotel room crying while my family had fun. Fair Skin people need to stick together and go under the cloak of darkness!

Can't wait to hear about the MIL and the pictures you showed on the other thread of the few outfits I saw were genius. I'm (a little) inspired to learn to sew!

Great job so far. Patiently waiting for more....

Hi Spongey! Can't wait to hear what happens next. I've experienced a sunburn like yours, but it involved an AC/DC concert and a quart of screwdrivers, something I'm sure a nice LDS girl like you has not experienced!
So glad you are writing a report.

Thanks guys for checking my tr out so far i am so nervous to post it writting is easy , i will start the next part in just a few , i am waiting for my photo's which should be here soon .. so just be patient with me , i also have 5 lil monkeys jumping on the bed at all time so i will probably post late at night , but i would like to thank my fans so far,
Staley7580,Jham ,T-beri,Nab, Wheat Thins, Cindy b good,alex2kmommy,
teresajoy,azmickeyfans,Pakey,backstage Gal, Moto x princess99,dwheatl.:goodvibes

Hi Spongey! Can't wait to hear what happens next. I've experienced a sunburn like yours, but it involved an AC/DC concert and a quart of screwdrivers, something I'm sure a nice LDS girl like you has not experienced!
So glad you are writing a report.

:lmao:
We never partake of the devils wine. Except for medicinal purposes. :upsidedow

I've been sunburned pretty badly too. I felt your pain, Spongie! The fever, the chills, the blisters, the clothes sticking! Oh Ya, I remember that well!

You are rockin'! :hug:

I popped over here from the DisBoutique thread. Loved those pirate costumes. I can't wait to read more about your trip. My parents went with us on a trip. :sad2: I haven't spoken to them since then. :sad1:

Hope your trip goes better than ours.

I am sorry about your sunburn. My little brother got burned really bad on his first trip to WDW. He was just 2 years old and had blisters on his poor little shoulders. I felt so bad for him Ouch it hurts just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter