Most Embarrassing Experience At Disney!

I am really enjoying these funny/embarassing moments. So I have two I'm going to share:

In 2006, I was in Epcot with my son-age 18. DH and other son were back at the resort relaxing. DS wanted to go on Test Track - we had never been on it. I said ok, but had to make a pit stop first. I went into the restroom by Test Track and when I was done, went to wash my hands, but the floors were soaked and I went sliding across the floor and felt a huge painful pop as I went down. I got soaked. A lady offered me help, but I was so embarrased, I quickly washed and fled from the room. I got outside and realized I was in so much pain I couldn't catch my breath, so I attempted to sit on a bench until the pain had subsided and then made DS help me hobble back to the resort (I couldn't walk or sit or anything), but not wanting to ruin a vacation I refused any treatment until I got home. I just ignored it (wrong thing to do - and dumb thing to do). For the rest of the trip I could hardly climb bus stairs, walk,etc. I just hobbled all week. Turned out I tore my hamstring and it took 4 months to heal!

Then in 2008, December, I went to DHS with my sister and her husband to see the Osborne lights. I have heel spurs in both feet and had a hard time walking. I tripped going down a step and fell flat on the ground. So my sister and brother in law picked me up and walked me into a store nearby to get some napkins to clean up the scraped legs and as I was going up the steps to the store, the guy in front stops, steps aside and says "I'll wait"... I don't want to be near you if your going to fall again." I was pretty embarrased and wanted to hide (he must have thought I'd been drinking, but I hadn't had a bit of alcohol at all)!

Last year.
While at Pop.
I was staying with my sister and our 4 kids.
Well the 2 little ones were running around the balcony. Well we decided to stand on the inside of one of the doorways and when the little ones (6, 7 years old)
Ran past, we would JUMP out and RARRR at them.

Well we heard them coming, we were ready to pounce.

They were getting closer and closer.
and at that MOMENT! We JUMPED and RAAARRRAA at them.

To OUR horror. And truely we felt horrible..
2 teenage boys froze in their tracks,
they werent happy about this and didnt come our way for the rest of the trip..

This is rather gross, but was funny. My family went to disney 5 years ago with my sisters family. We were waitting in line for Its a Bugs Life and had made it all the way up to where you are under the tree in the room where they make everyone squash together like sardines before you go into the auditorium. While we were shoulder to shoulder with both family and complete strangers, someone began passing the most horrible gas anyone had ever been exposed to. My sister began gagging and screaming at her husband to stop (he has been known to do this occasionally...) He pled his innocence but she insisted that she knew it was him. Time rocked on and we saw the show, left, and ended up going to MK. While at MK, my youngest son (5) needed a bathroom break. He stayed gone forever. My husband finally went in to check on him. Needless to say, my brother in law was innocent of the toxic gas episode as he claimed. Apparently my son had not been to the bathroom (#2) the whole time we had been at disney which was probably 4 days at this point. My husband had to practically bathe him off in the bathroom and scrub the bathroom down before they exited. We still laugh about this one!

Last month, we stayed at Saratoga Springs. After breakfast at Artist's Palette, we were walking back to our room, when all of a sudden, I feel a big whack on the back of my head. I turned around, and a rather large crow had just flown into my head! Beak first, so it was painful as well as quite surprising! DH thought it was funny, because I have curly hair, and he said the bird thought it was a nest. Needless to say, I have been having visions of "The Birds" and looking around whenever I walk outside.

I love embarassing stories! I lost my bikini top on Summit Plummit at BB a couple years ago. I don't think you can get much more embarrassing than that!! Needless to say I wear a one piece now:rotfl:

ahhhhh......the primary reason old men hang out on the benches at the end of this ride, also known as 'pervert row'.

I may have to sit down with them at my visit next week to personally see what all the fuss is about, LOL.

My embarrassing moment was on the logn bus ride from MK to the Boardwalk after EMH.
My daughter who is autistic looks normal. The bus was so crowded with everyone packed in. I was able to get her a seat and I stood near her. Well being autistic she was tired and could not stay awake. She kept falling asleep on the shoulder of the man next to her. I kept telling her she must sit up. The man did not speak English so I couldn't even explain her situation to him. Finally he got up and motioned to me to sit next to her.

I'll Start:

A few years ago I started feeling sick while we were in Epcot. So I finally told my DW I really need to go back the room. So we got back to the Caribbean Beach Resort and I felt awful! I went to sleep for a while and when I woke up I felt a little better. My DW wanted to go to the food court and wanted to know if I wanted something. I said "I think I feel good enough to take a walk, I'll go with you." As we left the room we saw everyone outside there rooms and lining the sidewalks because they were watching the fireworks at Epoct.

Well half way to the food court I realize that I should NOT have come on this walk! My world starts spinning and I am looking for a bush a trash can something! With no luck I fall to my knees in the grass and begin to, well, you know I don't want to gross you out! And there are people everywhere. Parent's are hiding there kids eyes, kids are crying. Everyone must have thought "the nerve of this guy getting plastered and doing what drunks do during our family moment!":scared1: And all I could hear in the back ground was fireworks!

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

The OP of this thread is my DH and I have to add to his embarrassing story since it was also really embarrassing for me- I wasn't embarrassed by him, but for him. Needless to say, he was so sick (I felt so bad for him!) that he doesn't remember all the details.

As he was "losing his lunch" (literally- that is what had caused him to get sick :sick:) we were in the prime place for everyone to see. I was immediately aware that there were families with kids looking out from their balconies at CBR so I tried to stand between DH and the building to block this wonderful site from the unexpecting audience. Because of the distance we were from the viewers and the sound of the fireworks, no one noticed- at first and I thought ok, DH is done, let's get moving. But NO... we would walk a few seconds and DH would start again. Finally one man sees us, covers his son's eyes as if we were doing something really inappropriate and starts yelling "If you can't hold your liquor, spare us the results!!!" :scared1: Of course, this drew the attention of everyone else within a 5 mile radius and then everyone was staring at us. Thanks, Mr. Big mouth!:sad2: I just kept rubbing DH's back and trying to shield everyone from seeing. I wanted to yell back at the guy since DH hadn't had a drink the whole trip! Thankfully, I got DH back to the room and after sleeping about 10 hours, he was completely fine the rest of the trip. In our many trips since then, we have seen lots of people get sick for various reasons and I also try to be understanding- it is really embarrassing when it is you or a loved one putting on that show for all to see! :rolleyes:

On arrival day - leaving my bag with my wallet, money and credit cards on the monorail. We had just gotten to MK rode a few things and were heading back to the hotel. I guess being at MK got me so excited I left it- thank goodness I realized right away and they got it and brought it back on the next go-around.

Folks I,m going to move this to the Community Board Thanks Rich

This is our favorite ‘I can’t believe I just witnessed this moment’ ever at WDW.

DH and I were on an adult’s only trip. We had spent the evening at Pleasure Island and were waiting for the bus back to the YC. The bus pulls up; we get on and so do this other couple. They were probably in their early 40’s and absolutely stinking drunk. It’s just the four of us on the bus and the whole ride back he is ranting and raving at her and she is crying. It was a long bus ride back. We finally arrive at the resort and let them off the bus first. They head toward the lobby still ranting/crying; we decide we have had enough of them and take the long way around to our room. Once in our room we pour some wine and head out to our balcony overlooking the boat dock to relax. Who do we see but our ‘friends’ from the bus stumbling down the path stopping at the bench across from the boat dock? He is still ranting and she is still crying. From what we could hear of his shouted remarks, his current gripe is how she only cares about his possessions and not him. So he yells something like ‘You can’t have them. Let’s start with the car’ and proceeds to pull his car keys from his pocket, do a big windup and throws the keys into the lagoon. DH and I are like frozen in our seats, afraid to move. Then he yells ‘Let’s get rid of it all’ and pulls his wallet from his pocket. At this point, we are both mumbling under our breaths ‘Don’t do it. Don’t do it.’ But you guessed it, into the water went the wallet. DH and I just stared at each other open mouthed. At this point, he seemed to have lost some steam and wondered off toward the BW. She sat on the bench for a bit and then headed back to the YC lobby. For DH and I, it was the preverbal train wreck where you just couldn’t look away. We always wondered if he remembered what he did with his keys/wallet when he sobered up.

This is our favorite ‘I can’t believe I just witnessed this moment’ ever at WDW.

DH and I were on an adult’s only trip. We had spent the evening at Pleasure Island and were waiting for the bus back to the YC. The bus pulls up; we get on and so do this other couple. They were probably in their early 40’s and absolutely stinking drunk. It’s just the four of us on the bus and the whole ride back he is ranting and raving at her and she is crying. It was a long bus ride back. We finally arrive at the resort and let them off the bus first. They head toward the lobby still ranting/crying; we decide we have had enough of them and take the long way around to our room. Once in our room we pour some wine and head out to our balcony overlooking the boat dock to relax. Who do we see but our ‘friends’ from the bus stumbling down the path stopping at the bench across from the boat dock? He is still ranting and she is still crying. From what we could hear of his shouted remarks, his current gripe is how she only cares about his possessions and not him. So he yells something like ‘You can’t have them. Let’s start with the car’ and proceeds to pull his car keys from his pocket, do a big windup and throws the keys into the lagoon. DH and I are like frozen in our seats, afraid to move. Then he yells ‘Let’s get rid of it all’ and pulls his wallet from his pocket. At this point, we are both mumbling under our breaths ‘Don’t do it. Don’t do it.’ But you guessed it, into the water went the wallet. DH and I just stared at each other open mouthed. At this point, he seemed to have lost some steam and wondered off toward the BW. She sat on the bench for a bit and then headed back to the YC lobby. For DH and I, it was the preverbal train wreck where you just couldn’t look away. We always wondered if he remembered what he did with his keys/wallet when he sobered up.

That is definitely one of the crazier stories I've ever heard!

when DS8 was 7mo old, we went to WDW for a short 4 day trip. While on Haunted Mansion, DS let us know it was feeding time, so under cover of darkness, DW obliged (breastfeeding)

Hey, no need to be embarrassed here! Haunted Mansion is an awesome place to nurse! Last time we were there, I specifically rode it to nurse :). It's dark, cool and you're in your own car. Perfect!

Here is my embarrassing moment: A couple years ago, we stayed at POP and we ate breakfast at the food court. One morning, I was carrying a tray full of food in one hand and a toddler on my hip. DD went to grab something from the tray and everything went flying! A kind on-looker helped me pick everything up and get new food :rotfl:

This happened when we were little kids, but I am sure it was a mortifying day for my parents. We were in WDW celebrating my brothers birthday. We had just gotten to the castle for dinner and my parents told my brother he could have anything he wanted. He chose filet mignon and Hawaiian Punch to drink. After dinner my brother wasn't feeling too hot, and we thought maybe he had gotten too much heat during the day. Just as the Main Street Electrical Light Parade is coming down the Parade route...music playing...just about to start....my brother starts to throw up in the MIDDLE of the parade route! Being the lovely little sister that I was....I was completely grossed out, and started yelling, "eewwww he's splashing my socks." That's when my mother instructed to have my father remove me from the situation ASAP. Cast members came running...parade is still coming towards us...those poor folks trying to clean up my brother, as you guessed it....the parade has to be stopped. To make matters worse, there was a man yelling from the sidewalk..."look, that little dude is puking red!" That's what really sent my mom over the edge! They quickly cleaned up the scene, my brother, and the parade continued past us. Needless to say, that was the end of our night, and I'm sure people were traumatized just as much as we were! It certainly was a trip we will never forget!!!

Not everyone gets to stop a Disney Parade. I am sure that won't be forgotten any time soon.

We were in the MK with our 3 year old son and we were with the multitudes trying to leave after the fireworks. We had setup a nice spot with some snacks and drinks and DS had his fill. On the walk to the ferry to take us back to the TTC, he told us he had to go to the bathroom. We figured that we could easily wait until we got to the TTC and go then rather than turn around and risk missing the next ferry. There are plenty of bathrooms there, right? Well, the wait to get onto the ferry was waaaay to long. So he tells us again but now he really has too go. Too late to turn back, we are on the ferry. The ride is longer than you think at that point and he is saying now that he REALLY has to go and it is hurting. We get off of the ferry and run to the bathroom and you guessed it, it's closed. Okay. Now what? We see some bushes near the bus that we have to take back to our hotel and figure we can do it there. But the bus is almost done loading and we need to get on as it is the last bus. Of course, there is no bathroom. By now, DS is crying and I feel for him. I am still carrying a large soda cup which is almost empty. I tell him that I can make his pain go away but he has to be very quiet about it. We are in the back seat and nobody is too close to us so we have him void his bladder into the cup. I cap it off and he is all smiles and he never made a sound. He thought it was really cool. So much so that as we are exiting the bus, he says to the bus driver. 'You know what mister? I peed on your bus'. I am so mortified that we just keep walking to throw out my toxic soda and leave the bus driver wondering just where he did it.

Last month, we stayed at Saratoga Springs. After breakfast at Artist's Palette, we were walking back to our room, when all of a sudden, I feel a big whack on the back of my head. I turned around, and a rather large crow had just flown into my head! Beak first, so it was painful as well as quite surprising! DH thought it was funny, because I have curly hair, and he said the bird thought it was a nest. Needless to say, I have been having visions of "The Birds" and looking around whenever I walk outside.

This story has caused my coworkers to peer over their cubbie walls to figure out why I am laughing so hard. I have a good friend who has a fear of this exact situation and I am wondering if I have the heart to show her this story.:laughing::laughing::rotfl:

I brought her to Disneyland last year for her 16th bday. She is a thrill seeker and I am a show seeker. She wanted to ride California Screamin'....ugh. I HATE upside down rides, but since this was my DD's special trip, I told her I would try it. The line was 20 mins long and so for 20 mins I was watching the poeple load into the ride and take off at astronomical speed screaming their heads off. I had sweaty palms and felt sick to my stomach. We get on the ride, take off and I feel like I am gonna die.

I like the ride, but the drunk/concussed feeling after is definitely familiar to me.

If you go in the future, let DD go in the Single Rider line. Get the pass from the CM at the line, leave the line, go up the hill halfway and into the accessible gate that doubles as the SR line entrance. :)

Hey, no need to be embarrassed here! Haunted Mansion is an awesome place to nurse! Last time we were there, I specifically rode it to nurse :). It's dark, cool and you're in your own car. Perfect!

AGREED! I haven't used HM for that (was closed when DS was 1 and DS refused to go after the stretching room so we took the chicken exit when he was 2 and after 2 we didn't nurse whenever wherever like when he was small), but POTC is also excellent for nursing purposes.

We are in the back seat and nobody is too close to us so we have him void his bladder into the cup. I cap it off and he is all smiles and he never made a sound. He thought it was really cool. So much so that as we are exiting the bus, he says to the bus driver. 'You know what mister? I peed on your bus'. I am so mortified that we just keep walking to throw out my toxic soda and leave the bus driver wondering just where he did it.

:rotfl::rotfl::lmao:

Okay, I have another one. I have a knack for getting selected for an extra at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. I think I've been in it 5 times. The last time, I was also selected to help the director demonstrate how actors fall when they are shot. I was given a plastic knife and I was to approach him menacingly and he would shoot and I would fall. I put on my most serious bad guy face and started toward him and he yells 'Cut!!!' And in front of however many thousand people fit into that stadium when it's full, he points at my red and black crocs I am wearing under my tunic and says 'I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously in those things'. I can only imagine how bad it would have looked if I had socks on under them.

AGREED! I haven't used HM for that (was closed when DS was 1 and DS refused to go after the stretching room so we took the chicken exit when he was 2 and after 2 we didn't nurse whenever wherever like when he was small), but POTC is also excellent for nursing purposes.

I was also going to say that POTC is great for nursing. It's a nice long and dark ride so by the time you get off the baby has a full belly and is ready to go.

Unfortunatly or forntunatly I don't have any embarassing stories at Disney.

My daughter got punched in the nose in a crowd of people in August 2008. The day before a hurricane was coming on shore the crowds were crazy at MK. At 9:00PM we got stuck on the bridge by Crystal Palace. (Since the other one by the castle was closed due to a remodel issue). We were stuck and the crowd was mad. Next thing I know my 3 yr old got hit in the nose by other angry mom wanting the crowd to move but it didn't! More angry issue but thought I'd share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter