Most Embarrassing Experience At Disney!

pallred@lhcn.org

Mouseketeer
Well it's time for us all to spill our guts so everyone else can have a good laugh! Disney Parks are full of magic and fun, but it's also full of real people. And when there's real people, there are silly things happening to those real people.

So it's time for you to tell all! When was it that you took a big spill in front of everyone waiting for the parade? Or how about the time you almost fell out of the boat at the Jungle boat cruise?

I'll Start:

A few years ago I started feeling sick while we were in Epcot. So I finally told my DW I really need to go back the room. So we got back to the Caribbean Beach Resort and I felt awful! I went to sleep for a while and when I woke up I felt a little better. My DW wanted to go to the food court and wanted to know if I wanted something. I said "I think I feel good enough to take a walk, I'll go with you." As we left the room we saw everyone outside there rooms and lining the sidewalks because they were watching the fireworks at Epoct.

Well half way to the food court I realize that I should NOT have come on this walk! My world starts spinning and I am looking for a bush a trash can something! With no luck I fall to my knees in the grass and begin to, well, you know I don't want to gross you out! And there are people everywhere. Parent's are hiding there kids eyes, kids are crying. Everyone must have thought "the nerve of this guy getting plastered and doing what drunks do during our family moment!":scared1: And all I could hear in the back ground was fireworks!

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

The only embarrassing moment I can think of is when I was at HS/MGM back in '92 (I was 7 at the time) and a similar experience happened to me.

We went in mid-July and, well, I don't do so good in the heat. I was playing in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground and got sick from heat exhaustion. Let's just say that I left the CMs a "gift" on one of the nearby tables... After that my dad had to carry me out on his shoulders.

Ok, my embarrassing moment happened clear back on our honeymoon. I had surprised DW Tinkershell with a Disney Cruise and we were having a splendid time. On this particular evening, we were in a line waiting to meet the ship’s captain. I’m no expert on cruise ship protocol, but supposedly this is a big deal.

Our Captain was a stern-looking Greek gentleman complete with silver hair and beard and looking very dignified in his fancy sailor suit. Apparently, he didn’t speak much English because he had someone with him to help him communicate with the procession of guests.

Just as the people in front of us in line had finished up bowing or curtseying or doing whatever it is you are supposed to do with such an important person, a door swung open behind him and some Disney characters came out into the ballroom. To my horror, Tinkershell screams “Mickey!” and nearly knocks the Captain over as she pushes past him to meet her favorite mouse.

Where am I? Why, I’m still in front of the Captain who is now wearing his angry eyes and saying something in Greek that I had a feeling was not complimentary. Meanwhile, Tinkershell is shrieking and waving frantically for me to come over and take her picture.

What did I do? What could I do? I muttered something like “sure do like your boat”….. and then walked away in shame…..and took Tinkershell’s picture.

My moment came when I was bending down to help one of the kids. All of a sudden I heard a tearing of clothes. :scared1: My shorts ripped right in half. Had to send DH to store to buy me something so I could cover up. Note to self--never wear tight fitting shorts to park.

This was years ago.. But I remember walking around outside Minnie's house (near the gazebo), and I was looking at something in the opposite direction I was walking and I ran into a pole! To make matters worse, there was a family taking a picture in my direction right when it happened. So they probably have that wonderful memory to cherish forever. :rolleyes:

My family spends a lot of time at WDW, so there are plenty of opportunties to be embarassed. Here's two:
I fell in Space Mountain. The floor was wet. It was dark and I went end over applesauce and landed flat on my back. People were upset because I was blocking the fast pass line and they were literally stepping over me. What comes out of my mouth? "I've fallen and I can't get up" I'm lying there in horrible pain, everyone around me busted out laughing. I had to be dragged out. I don't know what was worse, the embarassment or the pain. :scared:

There was also the time DS wet his pants while waiting in line for TT many years ago. He announced to everyone around that he no longer had to go to the bathroom. as we all noticed the puddle at his feet. I asked him why he didn't tell us and he just said he didn't want to leave the line. Kids make us so proud. Even to this day - 7 years later - we always ask him if he needs to go before we get in line. He hates it. It's the memory that just doesn't go away. Can't wait to tell his future wife....

One day I saw a lady who looked like she would need help with a heavy door to a shop, so trying to be helpful, I sped up to get to the door and open it for her. DH not realizing why I was going so fast also sped up, so that when I opened the door I stepped right back smack dab into him and almost knocked him over in front of the lady. We were all embarrassed and she felt soooo sorry for DH.

Here's another yuck one: My DS4 puking in the line at Maelstrom. (He'd just had too much chocolate milk at the Princess Storybook Breakfast, because he was fine after that!).

I love embarassing stories! I lost my bikini top on Summit Plummit at BB a couple years ago. I don't think you can get much more embarrassing than that!! Needless to say I wear a one piece now:rotfl:

This happened during a Disney trip, but we were actually at Universal when it happend.

DH, my Mom and I were walking along, and I had our brand-new video camera hung around my neck. Somehow I tripped over a curb walking down the main street and fell down hard. The fall itself was embarassing enough, but it startled my Mom, who then shouted, "OMG! [my name]!! Are you OK??" so that everyone who didn't notice the initial fall was now staring in my direction. I was mortified and could have crawled into a hole!

To top it off, I cracked the LCD screen on the video camera in the fall.

Mom has since passed, and I was SOO mad at her at the time, but now I know she was just making sure her DD was alright. :hug:

My 1st time riding RnRC it really affected me...severely. The G forces really shook up my brain. So at the end of the ride I couldn't get out of the ride vehicle! Seriously! I was so embarassed as the young CM (I'm only 38 ;)) pulled me out of the ride while my knees were knocking and my legs were weak. I was really embarassed with red face when I walked through the dump shop! :rotfl:

Mine also happened on our honeymoon. We were in the Tiki Bird entry area and they had just done the pre-show and opened the doors to let everyone in. I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle. I fell straight down scraping my hands and chin. The best part was my "better half" never even noticed! Just kept right on walking. They finally stopped her at the door in and said, "Your friend fell back there you might want to go back."

They didn't want to let me go. They all but insisted on getting me a wheelchair. I was so embarrassed I just limped out of there back to the hotel. :)

Many years ago when I was much younger and thinner I had an embarrassing moment on the Back Stage Movie Tour (sorry if that is not the exact name). I thought I looked really cute in my white shorts, but didn't really think about what undewear I had put on that day. Unfortunately, I was seated on the side of the tram that gets really wet in the canyon and well, I spent a good portion of the ride sitting in a puddle. When I got off, anyone who walked behind me, knew that I had decided the hot pink bikini underwear would be a good choice for the day. :rotfl:

Last November we had our trip from you know where, I developed bronchitis, my son threw up in 'Ohana, my daughter lost a shoe, it was cold, but the cream of the crop turned into my embarrassing moment. I was waiting to get on one of the Disney buses holding my daughter and I lost my footing somehow and was going down. All I can think is I don't want to hurt my daughter so I reach out for the closest thing that will break my fall, which happens to be a man and his...well you can guess. I was mortified and very scraped up but my daughter was fine. The worst part was I ran into him a couple days later at the resort. Can you say awkward silence?

I am a clutz. Majoooorrrrr Clutz! So, I actually am passed the point of getting embarrassed now. But I (and so did everyone else) had a good laugh at myself on our last trip. I was getting out of TT. When I went to step out, my shoe fell off. I stuck my foot back down to get it forgetting how short I am and how big of a step it is to get out and literally fell out backwards. I laid there my back on the floor and legs in the car, laughing so hard I couldn't move. I made the CMs laugh so hard they couldn't even ask if I was okay. They tried, it just wouldn't come out.

I managed to scratch up the back of my legs on the scruffy steps, but otherwise I was unhurt. And left with my ego perfectly intact! :laughing:

I don't recall having an embarrassing moments at Disney World, but I've made up for it with a couple on the cruise ships (both on the Magic). The first one happened when I was dancing with DH at the 70s party when I suddenly felt a hideous pain and fell to the ground, right in front of everyone in the crowded nightclub. I could get up; didn't realize it, but my knee cap had popped off. So there I am with all these people gaping, and they had to haul me off to the medical center. I'm the sort who doesn't even like to take aspirin for a headache, but the pain was so bad that I kept demanding drugs like a wild woman. Little did I know that the pain of having it off was nothing compared to what it felt like when they slammed that sucker back on! I spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair with a huge leg brace. Ugh.

The second time wasn't nearly as bad. We were on the Panama Canal cruise at a shore excursion in Acapulco. I had gone to the bathroom and was returning to our seat (we were at a restaurant to watch the cliff divers), when WHAM! I dripped over a raised platform that was apparently a dance floor and landed right on my face. Ripped the heck out of my knee but I was so embarrassed that I insisted I was fine and slunk back to my seat without getting any bandaids etc. I just mopped at it with a napkin. It looked pretty yucky for the rest of the cruise.

My most embarrasing moment happened on our first trip back in 2000. We were all decked out with the biggest fanny pack you have ever seen and each of us had water bottles on a belt type thing. Well my daughter and I were bravely ready to ride RnR. We were sitting in the "car" and the bar came down, well it happened that my water bottle was between my legs and my bar. Everytime we took a deep spin or wild turn a little water squirted out of the bottle and you know where it went. When we came off the ride I looked like I wet my pants. My DH couldn't stop teasing me. Looking back on it now, it 's funny but coming off that ride was a little tense.

This happened when we were little kids, but I am sure it was a mortifying day for my parents. We were in WDW celebrating my brothers birthday. We had just gotten to the castle for dinner and my parents told my brother he could have anything he wanted. He chose filet mignon and Hawaiian Punch to drink. After dinner my brother wasn't feeling too hot, and we thought maybe he had gotten too much heat during the day. Just as the Main Street Electrical Light Parade is coming down the Parade route...music playing...just about to start....my brother starts to throw up in the MIDDLE of the parade route! Being the lovely little sister that I was....I was completely grossed out, and started yelling, "eewwww he's splashing my socks." That's when my mother instructed to have my father remove me from the situation ASAP. Cast members came running...parade is still coming towards us...those poor folks trying to clean up my brother, as you guessed it....the parade has to be stopped. To make matters worse, there was a man yelling from the sidewalk..."look, that little dude is puking red!" That's what really sent my mom over the edge! They quickly cleaned up the scene, my brother, and the parade continued past us. Needless to say, that was the end of our night, and I'm sure people were traumatized just as much as we were! It certainly was a trip we will never forget!!!

This was years ago.. But I remember walking around outside Minnie's house (near the gazebo), and I was looking at something in the opposite direction I was walking and I ran into a pole! To make matters worse, there was a family taking a picture in my direction right when it happened. So they probably have that wonderful memory to cherish forever. :rolleyes:

yep! I think I saw it on youtube!;)

Last year my DH and I were staying at the Boardwalk Villas. It was a trip without the kids so we were taking a romantic walk on the boardwalk on our way to dinner. It had just rained and I was wearing crocks...well I started slipping and sliding and then fell down.on my side. I tried to get up but kept sliding and probably looked like a fish flopping around on the boardwalk. After help from my husband and more sliding I looked down at my white outfit...covered in mud, including my arms. What a sight I must have made walking the long walk back to our room to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter