Most Embarrassing Experience At Disney!

My family spends a lot of time at WDW, so there are plenty of opportunties to be embarassed. Here's two:
I fell in Space Mountain. The floor was wet. It was dark and I went end over applesauce and landed flat on my back. People were upset because I was blocking the fast pass line and they were literally stepping over me. What comes out of my mouth? "I've fallen and I can't get up" I'm lying there in horrible pain, everyone around me busted out laughing. I had to be dragged out. I don't know what was worse, the embarassment or the pain. :scared:

There was also the time DS wet his pants while waiting in line for TT many years ago. He announced to everyone around that he no longer had to go to the bathroom. as we all noticed the puddle at his feet. I asked him why he didn't tell us and he just said he didn't want to leave the line. Kids make us so proud. Even to this day - 7 years later - we always ask him if he needs to go before we get in line. He hates it. It's the memory that just doesn't go away. Can't wait to tell his future wife....
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

This actually happened in California Adventure park... California Screamin' was closed and there was a stand-alone sign near the front of the park advising when it would be open later that day. My daughter and I were walking hand in hand. I was looking off to my side at a mural and, unknown to me, she had turned around because she thought she saw money on the ground. Well she says I walked her into the sign..I thought she should have been looking where she was going. :)
She turned around just in time to run smack into the sign face first. The sign got knocked over and broke. She tripped and sprawled out on the sidewalk. I was laughing so hard I couldn't stand upright. A photo-pass person ran over to see if she was ok. All I could do was keep apologizing that the sign got broken. I pulled my DD up onto her feet and scooted out of there as fast as we could, considering I was walking like I was drunk due to uncontrollable laughter. DD was fine..had a little bruise on the side of her face. The whole time my DH and 2 DS saw what was happening and kept on walking, acting like they didn't know the the lady that sounded like a hyena laughing. I felt so bad for my DD but I ended up just making it worse since I couldn't get ahold of myself.

I know the fellows appreciate the show at the bottom of those slides :woohoo:, but I gotta wonder. why a person would wear a bikini to a water park and go on certain rides like summit plummet..isn't it logical..that a certain clothing item isn't going to survive the plummit?

Do the ladies just think they are well endowed enough it will stay in place or that they can hold it all in place? How does one decide? :rolleyes1

I am wise enough to know, no one wants to see me in a bikini, but I have always wondered why others wear them at the water parks. :confused3

Ummm...maybe to get a tan??

My wife would probably kill me if she knew I was posting this here, but if you don't tell her then I won't either;)

This happened a few years ago and only a few months after we were married. My parents, my sister and her husband and my wife and I were all down in Florida for a vacation together. My wife was still getting to know my family and wasn't totally comfortable around them yet... and a week on vacation with my parents and my sister and brother in law was a lot of my family for her to take in at once. We spent a few days in Palm Beach and then we drove up to Orlando to spend a few days at Disney. This was a three hour drive and we started pretty late at night so everyone was anxious to get to the hotel in Orlando.

Shortly after we started driving my wife realized that she had to go to the bathroom... badly... cramps and everything. So we tell my father (who was driving) and he pulls off at the next rest area. She runs in to the bathroom and... nothing happens. The feeling has passed and she just can't go. So we get back into the car, and of course, a short time later she has to go again. We ask my father to stop again and she runs into the bathroom and again... nothing. She's still not feeling very well and is terribly embarassed about the impression my family is getting of her, but we get back in the car and start out again. Of course, not too much later she has to go again... and this time it's even worse and the next rest stop isn't for miles.

She is totally desperate at this point and finally asked my father to stop on the side of the road and went off to the ditch behind some bushes and did what she needed to. I went back to the van and asked if anyone had some tissues or napkins or anything and my mother hands me her orange soda. I must have given her a blank look because she said "To help rinse with". I just kind of stopped and stared and tried to imagine how on earth she was expecting someone to rinse themselves off with orange soda on the side of the road... and how she figured that would actually make things any better. Finally I just mumbled "Um... no thanks" and took the tissues we could find back to my poor wife.

She was very glad it was dark out and kind of slinked back into the car. I'm not sure she could look any of my family in the face for the rest of that trip. Years later, after she had gotten to know my family better she finally told everyone her side of that story. And we realized that we never really had told them exactly what was happening. All they knew was that she wasn't feeling well in the car and they thought she had gotten out on the side of the road to throw up... the orange soda was offered so she could rinse her mouth out.

My wife would probably kill me if she knew I was posting this here, but if you don't tell her then I won't either;)

This happened a few years ago and only a few months after we were married. My parents, my sister and her husband and my wife and I were all down in Florida for a vacation together. My wife was still getting to know my family and wasn't totally comfortable around them yet... and a week on vacation with my parents and my sister and brother in law was a lot of my family for her to take in at once. We spent a few days in Palm Beach and then we drove up to Orlando to spend a few days at Disney. This was a three hour drive and we started pretty late at night so everyone was anxious to get to the hotel in Orlando.

Shortly after we started driving my wife realized that she had to go to the bathroom... badly... cramps and everything. So we tell my father (who was driving) and he pulls off at the next rest area. She runs in to the bathroom and... nothing happens. The feeling has passed and she just can't go. So we get back into the car, and of course, a short time later she has to go again. We ask my father to stop again and she runs into the bathroom and again... nothing. She's still not feeling very well and is terribly embarassed about the impression my family is getting of her, but we get back in the car and start out again. Of course, not too much later she has to go again... and this time it's even worse and the next rest stop isn't for miles.

She is totally desperate at this point and finally asked my father to stop on the side of the road and went off to the ditch behind some bushes and did what she needed to. I went back to the van and asked if anyone had some tissues or napkins or anything and my mother hands me her orange soda. I must have given her a blank look because she said "To help rinse with". I just kind of stopped and stared and tried to imagine how on earth she was expecting someone to rinse themselves off with orange soda on the side of the road... and how she figured that would actually make things any better. Finally I just mumbled "Um... no thanks" and took the tissues we could find back to my poor wife.

She was very glad it was dark out and kind of slinked back into the car. I'm not sure she could look any of my family in the face for the rest of that trip. Years later, after she had gotten to know my family better she finally told everyone her side of that story. And we realized that we never really had told them exactly what was happening. All they knew was that she wasn't feeling well in the car and they thought she had gotten out on the side of the road to throw up... the orange soda was offered so she could rinse her mouth out.

Hilarious Story. I was cracking up at the offering of Orange Soda. I am afraid one can wouldn't be enough...LOL...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This was DH's incident, however, I'm sure I was the guilty party in the eyes of the CM, LOL. We were leaving PNPP in 07, it was really late and by the grace of God there were hardly any people getting on the tram in the parking lot. My two older kids go in one seat, dh, my younger ds, myself and the stroller are right behind them, the CM is walking the tram to make sure everyone is seated, etc., and right before he gets to our car DH passes gas, and we're not talking regular, we're talking peel the paint of the walls, knock your wife out gas :scared1::scared: I turn to him and give him the look, and proceed to put my head down as I'm cursing to myself, just then the CM walks up and says 'ma'am are you ok?' I raise my head and tell him I'm fine, meanwhile the stank is lingering, and all I can think is OMG this man thinks I'm responsible for this horrendous odor, while DH is sitting there with a grin on his face! TG there was nobody else anywhere near us!!!

I had to get permission from my wife to tell this story because I'm pretty sure she'd divorce me if I told this without asking first! (She's nodding, yes, as I type this. lol) Anyway, this happened at Disneyland. We decided to go last summer for a date day and leave the little one at home. Well, we were standing around for the parade, and it was very crowded, anyway, a small group of people are trying to get past the area where we are standing, a woman in the group tripped over someone sitting on the ground and stumbled toward my wife. Her instincts told her to grab for a rail or ledge, however there was obviously not one on my wife she hurtled toward her, anyway, to make this long story short, she ends up catching a hold of my wife's tube top, accidentally yanks it down, but to make matters worse, the woman ends up falling to her knees and her face goes crashing right into what the top was just covering if you catch my drift. My wife turns fire engine red, pulls her top up as fast as she can. This poor woman who fell though, ended up making us feel more bad for her. She started crying and apologizing and offered to pay us back for our tickets. We told her it was an accident and it was not necessary. We actually ended up watching the parade together to calm her down. Poor thing felt sooooo bad.
:laughing:

I would like to thank everyone for posting. I have enjoyed these very much. I have had many embarrassing moments - however none of them have been at Disney, so I cannot share them here, sorry.

Sorry, thread title is Most Embarrassing Experience At Disney. Whew!!! But I do end up laughing at myself frequently. DH just rolls his eyes :rolleyes: and tries to pretend he's not with me if I do something embarrassing when he's around. Thankfully, I'm usually by myself. :rotfl:

In the middle of the day I take my two young daughters to eat while my wife rides Expedition Everest with the two older kids. As I am getting ketchup for the fries I spill the huge sprite all over the tray of food and ruined it all (30 bucks). A worker saw it and amazingly went and got all new food for us and was exactly what I ordered. She turned an embarrassing moment into a great act of kindness. That's one reason I can't wait to go back to WDW.

My embarrassing moment happened back in 2002.
DH took our sons to ride the Teacups, while I found a nice shady spot to watch them because spinning rides are just not my thing.

So, I sat down on a bench and took pictures from my perch, happy as a little clam.
When the ride was over, I got up to join them and we started walking to the next attraction.Thats when my youngest son, said Momma, did you poop your pants?
I twisted around and oh my gosh, I had a huge brown stain on the back and sides of my YELLOW shorts!
I guess I had sat down in someones melted mickey bar :mickeybar

Off to the restroom I went to see what I could do about cleaning it off. But the more I wiped and washed with the restroom paper towels, the worse it looked.
So, my female ingenuity kicked in, and I simply took them off and turned them inside out.Wala, no more stain, and I only looked slightly stupid walking around the rest of the day with my short seams on the outside.

My embarrassing moment happened back in 2002.
DH took our sons to ride the Teacups, while I found a nice shady spot to watch them because spinning rides are just not my thing.

So, I sat down on a bench and took pictures from my perch, happy as a little clam.
When the ride was over, I got up to join them and we started walking to the next attraction.Thats when my youngest son, said Momma, did you poop your pants?
I twisted around and oh my gosh, I had a huge brown stain on the back and sides of my YELLOW shorts!
I guess I had sat down in someones melted mickey bar :mickeybar

Off to the restroom I went to see what I could do about cleaning it off. But the more I wiped and washed with the restroom paper towels, the worse it looked.
So, my female ingenuity kicked in, and I simply took them off and turned them inside out.Wala, no more stain, and I only looked slightly stupid walking around the rest of the day with my short seams on the outside.

Holy Crap!! I'm in the middle of eating my lunch while I'm reading these and when I read this one I started choking on my cracker b/c I was laughing so hard. Lesson to be learned: don't eat or drink while reading these types of threads. popcorn::

Thanks for making me laugh today. :rotfl2:

On the first morning of our sister's only trip, my sister and I went to breakfast at Fresh in the Dolphin hotel. I had taken cash with me, but my sister took her KTTW card. As we were eating we decided to put the bill for both of us on her KTTW card and use some of my cash for the tip because our server was soooo good.

Well, we she put her KTTW card in the bill holder and Edgard (our server) told her with a smile, "I'm sorry we do not accept the KTTW card here. Our bill was over $35 and I had only brought $25 with me, so not only could we not give Edgard the tip he so rightly deserved we couldn't cover our bill.

He called the manager who graciously discounted our ticket, but boy were we embarrassed. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter