Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join a:welcome:long. :goodvibes

Happy New Year!

Welcome!

I'm MommyP, I have 6 kids(as seen in my signature, but they are all like 2 years older than that now. haha) We live in Florida, but not close enough to WDW! I homeschool and am pretty much losing my mind on a daily basis.

We are LOVING this cold weather down here. It never gets as cold here as in Orlando, but it was 64 in the house this morning, so I put the heat on for a couple hours. When Chad left for work at 6:30 he put extra blankets on us all. :love:

Have you all been faithfully signing up for the new LAME Disney promo to try and win a free trip? I have even though I'm pretty sure it won't cover a family my size. :rolleyes:

Did anyone send Twinkiemama and Utahmama PM's with direction to the new digs?

Ummm. NO! But I did get the stuff down from the fireplace and TV,which are currently residing on a living room chair. Hey, I got 3 weeks left!
Babysteps!

Heehee! I was only teasing you! I know you better than to even think for a second that the tree was down! No hurry....not like it's going anywhere, right? :rotfl:

Hey Lynette! :wave2: Glad to hear it.

Well, let's see. I'm Lauren. (Surprise! Hahaha) I'm married to my wonderful husband and we have 2 sweet & crazy kiddos. Our son is 4 years old, starts Kindergarten in the Fall (oh my gosh -- I can't believe it's THIS year!) and our daughter is 10 months old. I'm currently in the process of getting my real estate license and I'm super excited about it. Anxious and nervous, too.

Time zooms by, doesn't it? My kids are 12 and 10 (as you may have noticed by my siggie), but I'm not quite sure how that happened! :confused3

Lynette that's a prayer we all can get on board with! In His Mercy! (and I do so hope that mayan calendar is off - can you imagine the end of the world Dec 21, 2012? What would you do? (we survived 11/11/11, why not 12/12/12? :confused3)

Eek! I hope those Mayans were way off in their calculations too! I don't have time for the end of the world...waaaay too much to do! :lmao:

I deChristmasfyied today. I even thoroughly cleaned the living room. I can now comfortably sit in that room.:surfweb:

The kids and I de-Christmasified the house on Monday after suppah, but DH is sick and is being a man-child, so he didn't take the boxes down to the basement until tonight. You know how men are when they're sick! :rolleyes:

Have you all been faithfully signing up for the new LAME Disney promo to try and win a free trip? I have even though I'm pretty sure it won't cover a family my size. :rolleyes:

I have been faithfully entering for the new craptastic promo. What a letdown, huh?

I haven't PM'd either Twink or Wendy. Mony, did I see that you sent Wendy the info? I can PM Twink if no one has done it yet. And BBN too, just in case she wants to pop in.

hello NEW PERSON....WELCOME

I am Marie aka PUMBA with ONE A....cause there is another pumbaa but she has two A's...I am a moderator on the restaurant board....I like food...'nuf said...hahaha...oh yah the other pumbaa with two a's is also on the restaurant board....go figure..
My house was deChristmased Monday......I WAS so happy to see it put away...until the next Christmas...

the Hub and me have been married for 45 years in May....I cant believe that...our babies are 42 and almost 40 ...whaaaaaa...OH yah...We have four grandkids...two are 22 and 20 and two are 5 and 7......kinda fun always...

We are going to Disney ...to visit the House of the Mouse in May...our son and daughter in law and two little munchkins are going and also talked our Daughter into going with us...her hub will stay home and take care of the doggies...I am ready to go...
SANDY it is 16 now...our high today was 18 and when I got up at seven it was 3.......yup we stayed in ...no walking ...
EVEN Megara the doggie went out squatted and ran for the door....she was cold...Dalmatians dont have a lot of fur...I should of gotten her a jacket the other day at the pet store...she needs FUR...

Hey! :wave: We took down all of our Christmas stuff today, too. It's always a little sad to see it go.... but Christmas is only a little over 11 months away. :rotfl:

Sorry, LE, please read my amended post, I was mistaking you for another Lauren who use to post here.

Welcome!

Not a problem, girl. Thanks! :goodvibes

WELCOME INDEED!

as been reported many have drifted - but somehow this new year, we are converging again! I need my imaginary friends! :group hug:

I'm Sandy - I have 3 kids - DS 26 (he just got divorced, no kids married 2 years, he's hard of hearing) DS 24 just got engaged, they live in Chicago, he just started a job downtown with trading stocks - he gave us a scare 2 years ago now, he fell in college, but he's all healed - I appreciated my internet friends... and DD 15 - just started High school... teenager. 'nuff said! DH just started a job :woohoo: He is a big volunteer in the Boy Scouts (both boys are Eagle Scouts, and now he trains adult leaders) and he likes to run, and climb mountains! I like to read, knit, watch reality tv, knit, advocate for my kids, oh, and we have 2 dogs! :faint:

And we're going on to DISNEYWORLD! In 24 hours we'll be in Orlando :woohoo:

DH is packing. I finally did my hair. I think I need more time - I can see a few grey hairs :scared1: I'm babysitting the dogs - DD is studying for finals...

Hi Sandy! What kind of dogs do you have? We also have 2 dogs, a boxer and an american bulldog, and they are both CRAAAAZZYYYY! :scared1:

You're in Disney World right now and I'm jealous! I hope yall are having a blast!

:welcome: Lauren!

Hi I am Monica. I have been away for awhile but it resolutioned, ya its a made up word, to check in more often.

I have four kids. 15, 13, 7, and 4. My oldest has Asperger's but we are smooth sailing at the moment, last year at school was a nighmare!!!!

I am a special education major and have 2 semester's left until I gradutate!

This has been a looooong time coming.

I ran a day care for 14 years and closed the doors this summer so I could focus on finishing school. I teach catechism and I am involved in a ministry at my church that helps pregnant women facing a crisis pregnancy.

I just started to substitute teach and start my pre-student teaching this semester. I didn't get placed yet Sandy, school is still out for that district, but she mentioned a resource room at a very close elementary. I would love that!

I deChristmasfyied today. I even thoroughly cleaned the living room. I can now comfortably sit in that room.:surfweb:

Tomorrow I tackle the Kitchen.:cheer2:

School starts next week and I go through this I have to clean my house phase, it is like what you do right before you deliver a baby.:rolleyes: LOL!

Oh Mal is selling Girl Scout cookies if anyone is interested. You can even donate a box to the service men and women overseas.:sail:

Mal got Just Dance for the Wii and I can't move my arms without them hurting. But it is a great way to get some exercise in while playing with my girls.:confused3:dancer:

Hey Monica! You said Mal... is your daughter a Mallory by any chance?! That's my daughter's name! :goodvibes

I think I just might have to order some girl scout cookies... I can never get enough Samoa's! :love:

Welcome!

I'm MommyP, I have 6 kids(as seen in my signature, but they are all like 2 years older than that now. haha) We live in Florida, but not close enough to WDW! I homeschool and am pretty much losing my mind on a daily basis.

We are LOVING this cold weather down here. It never gets as cold here as in Orlando, but it was 64 in the house this morning, so I put the heat on for a couple hours. When Chad left for work at 6:30 he put extra blankets on us all. :love:

Hey! Your kids are gorgeous!!

Hi gang! thanks for the heads up on FB! Our computer died. We went to get a virus removed and the technician said our hard drive would be going out soonishly. Unfortunately soonishly was two weeks later. No money in the budget for a new computer right now so I have been using my phone for all my internet needs. It is soooo much easier to pop in on FB than to log in here on my phone.

It is nice to see so many people on here and like Celery, I had completely forgot that poem! Too funny. It brings back some great memories of our little gang.

Welcome to Lauren Elizabeth. Nice to meet you. The weird thing is the Lauren who used to post here was named Lauren Elizabeth too (that was not her username though). When I first saw you I thought it was her under a new name.

My name is Elisabeth too. Obviously spelled with an "s". I have 4 kiddos. My daughter is 18, and my boys are 16, 13, and 11. I am somewhere in my thirties:rolleyes1 and I work as a nurse. I used to work exclusively on the mom/baby unit but now I flip back and forth between mom/baby, womens medsurg, and pediatrics. We are active in lots of sports in this family and of course we love Disney!

Hope all of you are well. I will try to pop in with more regularity. Maybe it will be my New Years resolution. lol

Morning everyone..
WE are heating up today...(hopefully) It is 18 now and some where I read it may go up to the high 30s or low 40's ...may get Ava out and take a fast walk..

Hubby didnt go to work today...he has a cold and talks funny....I shall stay away from him....When he called into work, he said when he finds the one that gave it to him he will kiss him on the mouth and slip him the tongue....then the supervisor said that would be so and so....HAHAHHA...I guess a few are already out with the germ...

Hope you all have a great day..
HELLO BABYNURSE and hello L jack....glad to see you guys again....see I AM STILL HERE...

bye

I posted a link on Wendy lou's wall and it was showing pictures of Mommy P's kids, so I took it off and pm'd her instead and then included Twinkie and BBN. Wendell saaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiidddddddddd she'd stop by in the AM, but ahem, maybe she is busy or something with her chitlins and man. :rolleyes1

The kitchen is as clean as the living room. I even used a toothbrush for those hard to reach spots. Not saying who's I used though.....

Tonight is Girlscout meeting and found out you can't order cookies if you don't live in the same town as us. They don't do on-line where the girls can get credit. I think the girlscouts are way technically behind. They said if you want cookies order from a troop in your town. I guess they don't want to take sales away from other troops but come on, is one really going to look for a troop just to order cookies?

Thanks anyways.

My oldest daughter is Malorie. I just spelled it different, not on purpose, just the way I thought it would be spelled as I listened to it in my head. Not too many Mallory/Malorie's around. My other daughter is Madelyn.

There's a lot of that Man Flu going around :eek:. I have lots of sympathy for the wives of those who have it. ;)

I was so sick starting around Thanksgiving. I came down with strep, anti biotics did nothing and then it turned into bronchitis. That lasted until this week. yesterday was the first day I barely coughed and started to feel better. My insides still hurt from all the coughing I did. It made me throw up I coughed so much. I am grateful no one else in my house got this. It made the holidays suck, and I went to the Dr. three times for this and new meds each time.

I wonder how our travelers are doing and how the races went.

Does anyone have a fireplace insert that distributes the heat to the rest of the house? any comments, pros cons? Thanks.

1. It is nice to see so many people on here and like Celery, I had completely forgot that poem! Too funny. It brings back some great memories of our little gang.

2. The weird thing is the Lauren who used to post here was named Lauren Elizabeth too (that was not her username though). When I first saw you I thought it was her under a new name.

3. Hope all of you are well. I will try to pop in with more regularity. Maybe it will be my New Years resolution. lol

1. Me too! When I first reread your poem, I was awash in nostalgia for our days of dreck and drivel. *sigh* How did we have that much time on our hands back then?

2. That's what I thought too. And then I couldn't figure out who the heck the siggie pic was. :rotfl:

3. Are you not regular? Perhaps prunes are in order? Jeez, you'd think a medical professional would know these things. :rolleyes1

HELLO BABYNURSE and hello L jack....glad to see you guys again....see I AM STILL HERE...

bye

Hi yourself! :wave2: Did you get any snow today? The weather wench is predicting a possible 2 inches in my area by dawn tomorrow. Hopefully, she's wrong! I am just fine with the lack of that particular annoyance!

Everyone else: What's up? What's new? How's stuff?

ETA: Forgot to say that Twink was here, got caught up (or perhaps skimmed?) and assembled a witty, heartfelt post that was promptly consumed by her computer. So on her behalf: Hiya!

we had a few flakes and that was it..
I can do without a snow winter....I am not fond of it at all.....BUT YOU ALL KNEW THAT DIDNT YA...

We now have two smoked hams, three spiral hams...three turkeys and 300 lbs of moose meat...so tonight we go to do groceries and we end up buying two family packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts...I said OMGOODNESS ...we dont need anything ...pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

He meaning the hub...got his going out clothes on and we went to the grocery store...then he says he is staying home tomorrow so he wont spread the wealth of the germs..

I am tired tonight so hopefully will fall asleep fast and easy...

NIGHT MY FRIENDS

And adding to what Lynt says,PJ, Twinks and BBN are ALL either having internet or computer problems.

BBN: My sister is a nurse and they recently did the we all have to do a little bit of everything overhaul and they are more a women's health unit now. I say it keeps you on your toes.

Almost got hit by a young kid in a pick up tonight. I was not far behind a car and we were going through a green light and he was facing us and he misread the distance between me and the car in front of me and made a left turn right in front of my car. I saw his smirky little face, had Mal in the car, slammed on my breaks to a screeching hault. If someone were behind me I would have been rear-ended and without a car for sure. Scared me so bad.

So glad my full attention was on driving. If I had all four kids in the car, oy!

PUMBA: What does moose meat taste like? Don't say chicken! Is it better cooked a certain way? That's ALOT of meat. I've tried Deer and don't like it.

Allie: Praying for that little boy.

We have had only flurries, nothing that has stuck as far as snow goes. Very odd for us.

ETA: Forgot to say that Twink was here, got caught up (or perhaps skimmed?) and assembled a witty, heartfelt post that was promptly consumed by her computer. So on her behalf: Hiya!

Ahem.

Realquick before my computer realizes it is working and boots me off: my laptop "got stolen" and my ancient desktop doesn't like wireless internet and really doesn't like post.

But glad to see you all here!

Welcome to Lauren Elizabeth. Nice to meet you. The weird thing is the Lauren who used to post here was named Lauren Elizabeth too (that was not her username though). When I first saw you I thought it was her under a new name.

My name is Elisabeth too. Obviously spelled with an "s". I have 4 kiddos. My daughter is 18, and my boys are 16, 13, and 11. I am somewhere in my thirties:rolleyes1 and I work as a nurse. I used to work exclusively on the mom/baby unit but now I flip back and forth between mom/baby, womens medsurg, and pediatrics. We are active in lots of sports in this family and of course we love Disney!

Hope all of you are well. I will try to pop in with more regularity. Maybe it will be my New Years resolution. lol

It's so nice to meet you, too! Yeah, Lauren Elizabeth seems to be a popular combo.

I bet working on the mama/baby unit was always interesting. I would love that!

Morning everyone..
WE are heating up today...(hopefully) It is 18 now and some where I read it may go up to the high 30s or low 40's ...may get Ava out and take a fast walk..

Hubby didnt go to work today...he has a cold and talks funny....I shall stay away from him....When he called into work, he said when he finds the one that gave it to him he will kiss him on the mouth and slip him the tongue....then the supervisor said that would be so and so....HAHAHHA...I guess a few are already out with the germ...

Hahaha... what your husband said made me laugh :laughing: I hope he feels better!

My oldest daughter is Malorie. I just spelled it different, not on purpose, just the way I thought it would be spelled as I listened to it in my head. Not too many Mallory/Malorie's around. My other daughter is Madelyn.

There's a lot of that Man Flu going around :eek:. I have lots of sympathy for the wives of those who have it. ;)

I was so sick starting around Thanksgiving. I came down with strep, anti biotics did nothing and then it turned into bronchitis. That lasted until this week. yesterday was the first day I barely coughed and started to feel better. My insides still hurt from all the coughing I did. It made me throw up I coughed so much. I am grateful no one else in my house got this. It made the holidays suck, and I went to the Dr. three times for this and new meds each time.

I like the way you spelled it, too - it's pretty! :goodvibes And you're right, there aren't many Mallory/Malorie's around.

You poor thing! I'm sorry you were so sick. Thank goodness it's going away!

Mony - Hate the man flu/cold. Thankfully when my family spent the last week of Novemeber and first 3 weeks of December with sickness, my DH was spared. I'd rather have it again than him get it once. ;)

we got a total of maybe two inches...it stuck to the ground but tomorrow we are HAVING A HEAT WAVE....a TROPICAL HEAT WAVE...at least up to 50 they said...thank you so much Mony Mony...you are a dear to send it this way..

we took our granddaughter and her beau ( he drove two hours to see her) and went to the chinese buffet...I had a plate full of crab legs and a plat full of steamers ...I am stuff...even though it doesnt amount to much...if you pick and then eat..you fill up faster...well I think that anyways..

For dessert I had some cantelope...I love when they have the fresh fruit out besides their desserts..

have a good night everyone.....and germs stay out to sea...

Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join along. :goodvibes

Happy New Year!

:welcome:party:

Well, I don't know, are you over 21?

OOPs, Sorry Lauren, I mistook you for a former poster (PJ). Of course you are welcom here to chat here. We are having a rare convergence of fomer poster currently, lately it's been just 4 for the most part, but the more the merrier.

Yes, I would be one of those 'former posters'! :wave2:

My name is Allie from Alabama! :) I am married (22 years) and have two kids DS 18 and DD 13. DS is a freshmen in college. I have three dogs, Shadow, Trixie and Cocoa. One of which locked me out of my car after she got adopted, but that is a story for another time. :rolleyes1 I am an aide in a Special Ed. classroom. I keep very busy with work that I am usually too pooped to come check in, but as MONY said, I resoluted to come back more often, and glad I did, so I can meet new friends like you! :goodvibes

WELCOME INDEED!

as been reported many have drifted - but somehow this new year, we are converging again! I need my imaginary friends! :group hug:

I'm Sandy - I have 3 kids - DS 26 (he just got divorced, no kids married 2 years, he's hard of hearing) DS 24 just got engaged, they live in Chicago, he just started a job downtown with trading stocks - he gave us a scare 2 years ago now, he fell in college, but he's all healed - I appreciated my internet friends... and DD 15 - just started High school... teenager. 'nuff said! DH just started a job :woohoo: He is a big volunteer in the Boy Scouts (both boys are Eagle Scouts, and now he trains adult leaders) and he likes to run, and climb mountains! I like to read, knit, watch reality tv, knit, advocate for my kids, oh, and we have 2 dogs! :faint:

I did NOT know this fact! :headache: Oh, I remember that fall! SCARY!! :scared1:

Allie: Praying for that little boy.

Thanks! He and his family need it. Yesterday was not a very good day for him. Now we need to pray that his body disposes of that fluid. Don't want a stent put in that might delivered diseased fluid to his stomach. :sad2:

Ahem.

Realquick before my computer realizes it is working and boots me off: my laptop "got stolen" and my ancient desktop doesn't like wireless internet and really doesn't like post.

But glad to see you all here!

hey Twinks! Glad you found your way over here! :wave2:

Yeah, our weather here was so nice today! It sure didn't feel like a January day! I loved it :goodvibes

What part of the country are you from? As I said, I am from Alabama, but not too far South of CEL.

Oh, and to keep you up to speed: I have a little 7 year old boy at my church who had several brain tumors removed on Thursday. We had a round the clock prayer vigil going for him. He still has tumors that couldn't be removed, but the surgery went as well as expected. He has two older sisters and a younger brother.

I will keep posting updates *over there*. Thanks for all your prayers! :grouphug:

Keep posting Lauren! This is a great group!

BTW, has celerystalker been by here? Does she need an invite?

let me think of what MOOSE tastes like..
IT IS NOT CHICKEN....it is not a gamey tasting critter..
More like a beef that is stronger then a regular beef..
I like to marinade it in lawrys signature marinade...or
Italian dressing ...but last night we had it on the rocks..
I mean hot in the fry pan (cause it was to cold to cook
on the grill)...needs to be a hot frypan and in and cook
and turn over and take off.....not enough to be raw and
bellow at you but just to say it is cooked inside too ..

Today I didnt do a dang thing...well sort of...did dishes..
(just breakfast)...Kait wanted guilettes and I made them
for her and her boyfriend who is visiting us this weekend..
A guilette is a bread dough that is lightly fried slowly fried
that is...and when it rises a little turn it over and do it again..
slow and steady...then you pull it apart (never cut into it) and
put butter on it and I dunk it in tea with milk and sugar..for some
reason it is delishish...My memere always had it when she had left
over dough...and then my english grandmother learned to do it too..
SO we passed it down to the next generation...

so see ya later moovers

What part of the country are you from? As I said, I am from Alabama, but not too far South of CEL.

Oh, and to keep you up to speed: I have a little 7 year old boy at my church who had several brain tumors removed on Thursday. We had a round the clock prayer vigil going for him. He still has tumors that couldn't be removed, but the surgery went as well as expected. He has two older sisters and a younger brother.

I will keep posting updates *over there*. Thanks for all your prayers! :grouphug:

Keep posting Lauren! This is a great group!

BTW, has celerystalker been by here? Does she need an invite?

Hi Allie! I live in Virginia... about 45 minutes south of DC.

Oh my goodness, I will keep that sweet boy in my prayers <3 I am glad the surgery went well!

Spending a lot of time trying to catch up on sleep - getting up at 2am, after going to bed at 11pm, CRAZY nuts - this is a vacation!! :rotfl2:

DH did amazing running the Half and Full - he is goofy! Lots of disboard members out there- I cheered, and felt guilty I didn't at least try to get out there!

DH finally is out of the shower and is dressed and ready to go - just thought I had time to post - darn internet here at Disney keeps logging out... frustrating...

but I shouldn't be on line anyway! :rotfl2:

Heading to the MAGIC KINGDOM! (and its so not rope drop time! :rotfl2:)

so nice to SEE everyone' s posts - will catch up later!!

:grouphug:

I'm Back!!!!! Love the new digs and I have to go back and catch up but wanted to thank Sandy for starting it and finding our old treasures.

Still rocking like I am still on the ship too.

Had a great vacation , had dinner with Moo and her sister everynight. I really miss Cabanas this morning. Usually I just have a bowl of cereal in the morning , on the ship I had full breakfasts. I don't want to get on the scale either.

Left Moo yestereday morning , she was heading to Animal Kingdom yesterday and home today.

I will come back later to read and tell you more about our trip. But now I have suitcases and wash to get to. Plus this week I have to get all my Christmas stuff away too. Really I would love just to go back to bed....but had to get the kids off to school this morning. Rough morning for us all since we got home late last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter