Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Nice to see a couple of people back here.

Nab, I am down to 5 weeks to go to retirement, and it seems like forever now, LOL. I am sure I will be bored at times, but so looking forward to sleeping in and not having the commute every day. I am also planning to remodel my kitchen top to bottom, so I have to go shopping for that.

Marita that is so exciting!

Marie I remember my mom getting pearls from divers, maybe it was WDW or Sea World. Its been a long while.

Marita you will love retirement. How many years will that be for you than?

I can't believe how much rain we have been getting and really heavy stuff too for that last few days. Lots of flooding everywhere but we were lucky not in our part of town. Sky is very pink tonight after a day of rain so hopefully that will mean a nicer day tomorrow.

Hannah is almost done school , two more days of exams and summer holidays will start.

Nicholas is also home now we have to go get his furniture soon from his apartment 5 hours away. Have no idea what he will be doing next year. He has his name in a lot of places for work. He could go back for another school year but he would have to pass a government test to continue and he can't seem to do that. Already wrote it a few times. Trying again next month. It's stressful on all of us not knowing what is next.

Last edited:
morning. we had the gusher rain storm this morning..I mean the noise of it woke me up. right now we are waiting for the sun..HURRY UP SUN. Hope you all hace a great day and relax...cause when we are retired..every day is Saturday..hahaha

Nab, it will be 45 years at Disney (so I get my special Walt and Mickey brass statue, very rare, that should be worth a good price on EBAY someday, LOL), plus 3 years working before that. I also get invited to a party at Magic Kingdom for special anniversary recipients. Not sure I will go to that, my walking is not doing so well these days.
I kind of feel like the air is out of my balloon now, getting hard to get motivated to go to work. I am taking tomorrow off, haha.

Glad you making to a mile stone. Sorry to here about your walking though. No grandbabies in sight yet? Or did your children decide no babies. We have some in our family that say that and the world we are living in not sure I blame them.

So many kids are stressed out about what they will do in the future. Most can't afford a house , or even find work easily anymore. I worked in factories and retail when I got out of school and I did ok but I wonder and stress over the kids. I have been watching Handmaiden's Tale scary concept for the future...lol

Our Canada Day is coming up July 1st. Canada is 150 years old so a lot happening this year for it. Love seeing all the red and white everywhere.

Nab, my daughter is trying to have a baby, but is having fertility issues and going through treatments. Going to cost a pretty penny, already has. Here's hoping it will work eventually...
Happy Canada Day!

Nab, my daughter is trying to have a baby, but is having fertility issues and going through treatments. Going to cost a pretty penny, already has. Here's hoping it will work eventually...
Happy Canada Day!

Thanks Marita. Canada day went well. Lots of food, fireworks and festivities.

Yes , fertility treatments are expensive and sometimes painful. It took me 9 years to have Nicholas but everyone has different problems. Good luck to your daughter and her husband.

My schedule is all messed up having the kids home for the summer. Hannah goes for her driving test for the second time on Wed. She would have passed with flying colours the first time only she had a heavy foot and went over the speed limit. Then I will not have to cart her around , just worry about her out on the road alone...lol

I would love to see a trip report from you again! :)
I was going to say the same thing Marita ! How exciting for you , hope it isn't too hot for you all.

We have been having a very rainy summer, some wicked thunderstorms.

We are taking the trailer out this weekend. Kids don't want to come this time. We are going away at the end of the month , taking the trailer to Cape Breton Nova Scotia. My dad's cousin is turning 90 , same age my dad would have been on the same date if he would have lived. He died of heart failure when he was 68, 2 other brothers died at that age too so the third one was really afraid of the number...he lived to 75 . My grandmother made it to 92 so go figure.

Moo-- are you taking out the trailer this summer?

Funny that I tend to come here when I have a trip brewin'. Can you believe it? An adults only trip! The last time we did that was right after I graduated college. It is a really short trip, but it is still a trip to Disney! Hope all of you are well and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Monty !

We are heading to WDW on the 16th for 3 days before our Disney Cruise on Saturday. We want to see the new Toy Story and Avatar. It’s been a long time since we went to the parks.

Empty nesters now that Hannah is at university and Nicholas is living with his girlfriend.

Had to come back here after hearing about Marita’s passing. I’m so sad loved reading her posts about her family and her life working at Disney resorts. Even got to meet her in person.

She was so happy to become a grandma, remember her huge turtle, her son going in the airforce, trips to Germany . Her chats with us with a glass a wine.

Loved her posts and will miss her dearly cheers Backstage Gal 🍷

I just came here on a fluke and read this. I am all shook up over her passing.I know she was much closer to you and others, but I feel like a part of something special is no more. Does that make sense?

I just came here on a fluke and read this. I am all shook up over her passing.I know she was much closer to you and others, but I feel like a part of something special is no more. Does that make sense?
Yes ...I was shocked too. If her daughter didn’t post on Mother’s Day would not have know either.

I came back to read her posts again too and let people know that didn’t see her daughter’s post on fb

I saw you moved again , but what a bonus to have your mom with you.

Can’t wait for our quarantine to be over. We are slowing opening which is fine by me but can’t wait to see and hug my family.

Wow. I just saw this thread pop up. I was on it years ago and used to call Marita “Sis” because we had so many little things in common. We talked about meeting in person during one of my Disney trips but never got around to it. So sorry to hear she passed away!!!!!!

Wow. I just saw this thread pop up. I was on it years ago and used to call Marita “Sis” because we had so many little things in common. We talked about meeting in person during one of my Disney trips but never got around to it. So sorry to hear she passed away!!!!!!
Hi Kay ...long time !

I wrote about Marita hoping old friends would see it. She had a stroke on Easter , and had lung cancer. Passed April 30 th.

Marita got to see her daughter marry and have a granddaughter only a couple years ago. She retired too after 45 years at Disney.

Hi Kay ...long time !

I wrote about Marita hoping old friends would see it. She had a stroke on Easter , and had lung cancer. Passed April 30 th.

Marita got to see her daughter marry and have a granddaughter only a couple years ago. She retired too after 45 years at Disney.

If she had mentioned having cancer, I had forgotten it. So sad that she passed so soon after retirement, but I’m glad she could see her daughter marry and hold her granddaughter.

My condolences to all of her family and friends.

Nab: Georgia is opening up and people are starting to gather again in churches and restaurants and small businesses are opening. Malls too. I’m not ready for the mall yet, that’s got to be a danger zone in my opinion for air quality.
My mom isn’t here yet but it’s the next step. Michigan is a mess right now and that’s where I have to get her from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!