MNSSHP 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the GF from Tuesday, Aug. 15 thru Sun. Aug. 20th. From the looks of last years MNSSHP, it looks like there will probably be a party on Tuesday, the 15th and Friday, the 18th? My son and daughter really wat to go. Which day do you recommend?
Which ever day works best for your plans!
Some people will say that Tuesdays have the lowest crowds, due to it beginning early in work week and on a less popular day. I can tell you from experience, that is absolutely not true.
In fact, Tuesday's have been known to historically sell out first! And if people say that is because the attendance is capped lower, I can tell you from experience, that is also not true. We've been to many parties, Christmas and Halloween, on all different days, on sold out nights, and no days of the week have any different crowd levels from the other.

I will say though, if you going to MK on a regular day ticket, Tuesday's, we found, are the best in terms of crowds. At least until 4:00 that is!

Looking forward to seeing the schedule for this year. We especially loved the special photos that were available!

We are staying at the GF from Tuesday, Aug. 15 thru Sun. Aug. 20th. From the looks of last years MNSSHP, it looks like there will probably be a party on Tuesday, the 15th and Friday, the 18th? My son and daughter really wat to go. Which day do you recommend?
If Tues 8/15 is the first party, go on Fri instead. Otherwise, see what @Tonberry said above.

I, personally, am leaning towards booking both nights for us. (Aug 15th and 18th)
Wish they allowed cancellations, but as it is, I may bite the bullet for both nights. I know both nights will sell out, and I worry about rainouts, so we may just book both to increase our odds, and come home with suitcases of candy. 🤷‍♀️
My favorite parade is BTY, and I have missed it, so I HAVE to see it. :)

I, personally, am leaning towards booking both nights for us. (Aug 15th and 18th)
Wish they allowed cancellations, but as it is, I may bite the bullet for both nights. I know both nights will sell out, and I worry about rainouts, so we may just book both to increase our odds, and come home with suitcases of candy. 🤷‍♀️
Wow, they sell out in mid-August? That's crazy!

We have done multiple parties on our trips before and it is fun! Allows you to focus on different aspects of the party too. For instance, the first night will likely be one of the busiest parties so that could be a good night to focus on trick or treating and seeing the shows, and then the second party could be better for riding rides and meeting characters.

Also give you the opportunity to wear 2 different customs! Some of our fav past looks below pooh:
312278116_10229268166826575_5679041345060741644_n.jpg 312920259_10229268166786574_5044163530710144961_n.jpg312842268_10229268166666571_5094145694136641123_n.jpg312708192_10229268166746573_5747270174573078573_n.jpg312809544_10229268166706572_1269264615157665901_n.jpg40684210_10217169922218021_2181356392911208448_n.jpg

Most (maybe all?) nights sold out this past year. As it seems they are selling fewer party tickets than the pre-Covid years.
We went in August 2019 to the 2nd party (Tuesday). It was so crowded and lines for characters ate up a good part of the night. Wall-to-wall people.

We went 2nd week in September this year and it did seem like a lot fewer people at this party. I think we did a Sunday(?). Ours was one of the few parties that didn't pour this year so it wasn't rain that made for lower crowds. Not sure if it sold out though.

We went in August 2019 to the 2nd party (Tuesday). It was so crowded and lines for characters ate up a good part of the night. Wall-to-wall people.

We went 2nd week in September this year and it did seem like a lot fewer people at this party. I think we did a Sunday(?). Ours was one of the few parties that didn't pour this year so it wasn't rain that made for lower crowds. Not sure if it sold out though.
I feel like trying to choose the least crowded night is a none issue now if they limit the tickets as they did last year. Getting a none rainy night is the key to a good time, but that’s pure luck now.

Aaargh - the wait for info is killing me. We’re on a cruise in April, and I’m fearing tickets will go on sale while we don’t have reliable internet access.

I know I’m being obsessive, but I really want to mail down dates for our September trip, so I can then plan out ADR’s 3 months early. Can’t do anything until I figure out the available dates (and lock down tickets.

Whew…. I need to stop watching YouTube Disney videos. 😳

Aaargh - the wait for info is killing me. We’re on a cruise in April, and I’m fearing tickets will go on sale while we don’t have reliable internet access.

I know I’m being obsessive, but I really want to mail down dates for our September trip, so I can then plan out ADR’s 3 months early. Can’t do anything until I figure out the available dates (and lock down tickets.

Whew…. I need to stop watching YouTube Disney videos. 😳
If it helps, I have a strong suspicion that they're going to wait until Half way to Halloween to announce dates. That's the end of April/beginning of May, meaning the Tron hype will have passed and Flower and Garden will be on for a while. Last year they posted a list of treats on the Disney parks blog April 28 with MNSSHP announced soon after. In the Before time they announced much sooner but last year it was halfway time so maybe that's the new normal?

If it helps, I have a strong suspicion that they're going to wait until Half way to Halloween to announce dates. That's the end of April/beginning of May, meaning the Tron hype will have passed and Flower and Garden will be on for a while. Last year they posted a list of treats on the Disney parks blog April 28 with MNSSHP announced soon after. In the Before time they announced much sooner but last year it was halfway time so maybe that's the new normal?
Thanks - that helps.

For Oogie Boogie Bash last year the tix went on sale the week before a cruise. I was so busy with finishing up work and prepping for travel, I completely forgot about it. I randomly thought I should check when the sale started, and it was the day they went on sale. Almost completely missed it. Now I’m just paranoid! 🤪

Any thoughts on the last day of the party?
There's a debate: some folks say Halloween night is crazy crowded, others argue a sell out is a sell out. Given that the 31st is a Tuesday is unlikely that they'll have a party in November, but it has happened in the past. Merchandise may be sold out, but food offerings and special events should be as with any other party. What else are you looking for?

There's a debate: some folks say Halloween night is crazy crowded, others argue a sell out is a sell out. Given that the 31st is a Tuesday is unlikely that they'll have a party in November, but it has happened in the past. Merchandise may be sold out, but food offerings and special events should be as with any other party. What else are you looking for?
We fly in Nov. 1 for the race and was hoping to catch that last party. Thanks for responding.

We fly in Nov. 1 for the race and was hoping to catch that last party. Thanks for responding.
It'll sell out pretty quick, but if you can get tickets, it's a great experience. As a long time runner (two Disney half marathons) I'd warn you that the party goes until midnight, so don't expect it to be a restful night before the race. worth it! but not restful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter