Mission Space: Orange. How bad is it?

I was okay on green but orange made me feel so ill that I had to lie down on a bench for about 10 minutes immediately after exiting. If you are prone to motion sickness of any kind, or any level of claustrophobia, I do not recommend it.

The only time I ever rode Orange, I was so queasy and dizzy afterward that I had to sit on the benches right outside the ride for nearly 20 minutes while I recovered . . . and then I went back to the resort, since I couldn't deal with anything else. I kept my eyes open, didn't look away from the screen, am not claustrophobic, and also never once felt sick or weird during the ride. It was after that I felt terrible. Even if you don't experience the spinning while you're in the ride, you are being spun around, and whatever's in your sinuses is going to get redistributed.

I think it all depends on what makes you motion sick. This was the first time anything like this had happened to me . . . and I hope the last!

For those who are saying that looking straight ahead, not closing your eyes etc. makes MS: Orange rideable, that's not always the case. I don't get motion sick in general, I followed all of the suggestions and survived the ride just fine until I got out of the capsule and nearly passed out. You're not just dealing with spinning (which, btw, I felt the instant it started although many people say they do not), there are also changing g-forces involved. I ended up needing to leave the park for several hours because my balance was off and I developed a pounding headache, and ironically I became motion sick on the bus back to the hotel, I assume because my equilibrium was still off. I can and do ride Green with no issues at all. I think this is one of those rides that you're not going to know if you can handle until you try it. I suspect a lot of people don't realize they're claustrophobic until they get shut into those small ride compartments as well!

After reading all this, no way am I doing Orange. The whole reason I'll be at Epcot is for F&W and I don't want anything to upset my stomach.

Mission Space: Orange exposes you to about 2.5 g's. The g's are horizontal (pressing you back in your seat) if I understand the ride correctly, which is the easiest to handle. Although that's not a significant amount, I found myself uncomfortable and ready for the ride to end. I have no trouble on roller coasters or most other thrill rides, but this was a much different experience for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter