• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MinnieLor - You will be missed. :(

This breaks my heart!! Prayers will be said for Lori and Glen and for all those involved! :sad1:

my prayers go to the family. What a awful day both in Jopplin and here in minneapolis.

My heart is breaking reading this. I thought of her immediately when I heard about the tornado in Joplin and sent her a message to check on her. I was just telling my husband about how I was worried because I hadn't heard back. RIP Lorie and Glen, my prayers are with all of Joplin right now.

My thoughts today are sympathy and concern.

Appreciate life and all those around you. Tell people they are important to you. Enjoy all you can, as often as you can.

Lorie and Glenn had their lives cut short. But they had just celebrated fifteen years of marriage in the Walt Disney. They were having a great time together. They were living and loving life to the fullest with no knowledge that it would be their last week. In all the sadness, I rejoice that their last week was in a very happy place.

My thoughts today are sympathy and concern.

Appreciate life and all those around you. Tell people they are important to you. Enjoy all you can, as often as you can.

Lorie and Glenn had their lives cut short. But they had just celebrated fifteen years of marriage in the Walt Disney. They were having a great time together. They were living and loving life to the fullest with no knowledge that it would be their last week. In all the sadness, I rejoice that their last week was in a very happy place.

I have thought this all day today, too.

I know some of my happiest weeks have been in Disney - coming home and hugging and kissing her dogs and then, I pray, that what happened to them was so fast...that they were scared hopefully only for a moment. And in heaven the next. That is what comforts me.

I also am glad that she was with her husband and her dogs - it breaks my heart to see these stories of families that have been literally torn apart by the storm. Just heartbreaking.

My heart breaks for Lorie and Glenn and their families. To know that they were together with their furbabies offers a bit of comfort. The fact that they had just gotten home from a magical Disney trip just a few hours earlier gives me chill bumps. RiP Lorie and Glenn. Your spark will be sorely missed.

Oh, wow, so sad. I called my mom tonight for no real reason, just to check in.

These quotes were on Lorie's Facebook Page - on her public info page...

Very thought provoking for me and I love that the W.I.S.H. motto was on there!

the first one...
~Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away~

the second one...
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

the third one....
DLF>DNF>>DNS

I'm so sad to hear this sad news! Having just driven through a different part of our devastated town in Tuscaloosa I arrived home to see a comment that the Jopin Mo. Hospital was on fire and the town had been hit badly. I didn't know them but my heart goes out to their family tonight. May God give them peace in their time of mourning and rebuilding of their lives as a community! RIP ! <>< Janet

I'm watching the Weather Channel show about the Joplin tornado and I can see the pictures and video and it doesn't really hit me. Then a couple of minutes ago I saw this thread and read that two people from this Disney community lost their lives in that tornado and it sent shivers through my body. That really brings the reality home. So very sad indeed.

So very heartbroken to see and hear about the devistation and then to find out that Lori and Glenn have passed makes it really hit close to home. :sad1:

Prayers and thoughts for everyone touched and affected by this latest storm.
May god give you peace in your darkest moments.

Cathy

Our thoughts and prayers for Lorie and Glenn's families and friends.

:grouphug:

I only knew Lorie from the message boards and yet I have not stopped crying since I found out. I pray that she and Glenn did not have a chance to suffer and I am praying for their families as well as everyone else affected by storms in Joplin.

Lorie and Glenn you will both definitely be missed. I so enjoyed all of our interactions on the DIS.

I'm so sad for their friends and family. Thoughts and prayers for them, their friends and family, and other victims.

Prayers said for the families of Lorie and her husband Glenn and for all their Disney friends, not only from the DISboards but also from the larger Disney online community. Such a tragic loss. And prayers for the people of Joplin as they put their lives back together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter