Minnie Van- for 6 people?

Just saw an article today where multiple Uber drivers were filing claims that they passengers were damaging their vehicles, only to have the passengers deny it. Seems like they have a problem with proving who is telling the truth, and if the passenger can't prove they are, they are being charged an additional $150 fee. Now Uber is telling guests to take pictures of the car when they leave.
Rider damage to rideshare vehicles is very rare, but it does happen occasionally. I have close to 1,000 rides and have never had a rider damage my vehicle.

Determining who is telling the truth is not difficult. Uber requires photographic proof of any damage claim by a driver, and those photos have to clearly show significant damage to warrant any charge to the customer.

Many rideshare and taxi drivers (myself included) video/audio record all rides, for a number of reasons. The main reason, of course, is safety for both the rider and driver.

The biggest damage issue is drunk passengers puking in the car, and that one does lead to a $150 cleaning charge. Considering that a drunk puking forces the driver to stop driving for the night, plus the cost of detailing their car, $150 is a very reasonable charge.

I think a big reason Minnie Vans will work for so many is because lots of people have never used Uber. I haven't even used a taxi in my 60 years. I would feel much more comfortable using Disney transportation.

I wonder if they will also go to non-Disney hotels on Disney property like SOG. Maybe just drop-off there? Or maybe both drop off and pickup?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter