Minnie Van- for 6 people?

ten822

Mouseketeer
Is this service fully available in mid- August? And does the van fit a family of 6? Also, are there hours that they run?

Don't believe they've announced an official start date. Just that this month guests at Boardwalk and yacht club can begin using it. Could be fully up by mid August

The Minnie Vans are a 2017 Chevrolet Traverse Premier mid-sized SUV, which offers three rows of seating. The second row features captain's chairs (two full size seats), and the back row can seat three, giving a guest capacity of six. Disney has also equipped its fleet of Minnie Vans with two Graco car seats.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/minnie-vans-uber-like-transport-begins-soon.3618410/page-16

A blog video shows the vehicles and the car seats installed on the third row, leaving only three other seats for guests.

A blog video shows the vehicles and the car seats installed on the third row, leaving only three other seats for guests.
I saw a video of one car seat installed in the 2nd row. That makes more sense, because the 2nd row seats have LATCH anchors, and the 3rd row seats do not. When not in use, the car seats are stowed in cargo area. So having one car seat in the 2nd row would still leave room for 5 more Guests.

They can fit up to 6. Yes each Minnie Van will have 2 car seats but they can be easily removed for parties of 6 older kids or adults. Not much else is known about times or how to book.

I saw a video of one car seat installed in the 2nd row. That makes more sense, because the 2nd row seats have LATCH anchors, and the 3rd row seats do not. When not in use, the car seats are stowed in cargo area. So having one car seat in the 2nd row would still leave room for 5 more Guests.

edited because I just looked it up. Looks like back row has one thether anchor in the middle and latxh anchors are only on the 2nd row but everything I read sound like 2 bench seats as well not 2 captain and a bench.

edited because I just looked it up. Looks like back row has one thether anchor in the middle and latxh anchors are only on the 2nd row but everything I read sound like 2 bench seats as well not 2 captain and a bench.
They have the captain's seats in 2nd row; that's why they only seat 6 guests. I think the Chevy site said the 2nd row bench is only available on the lowest trim line. The captain's seats make it less awkward to get into the 3rd row; I believe they are able to slide sideways away from the door.

They have the captain's seats in 2nd row; that's why they only seat 6 guests. I think the Chevy site said the 2nd row bench is only available on the lowest trim line. The captain's seats make it less awkward to get into the 3rd row; I believe they are able to slide sideways away from the door.

Ah that makes sense. I was looking up car seat information and it appears that most do base models. Are latch anchors something you can pay to have added or not really? I clearly don't have kids and have only installed a car seat once.

Reactions: ARS
Ah that makes sense. I was looking up car seat information and it appears that most do base models. Are latch anchors something you can pay to have added or not really? I clearly don't have kids and have only installed a car seat once.
No, they're built into the seat frame, so either they're there or not. I think all car seats can also be installed using the seat belts, but it's a more involved process. Using the LATCH anchors you just snap them in and tighten, and I believe it's considered safer.

The captain's seats make it less awkward to get into the 3rd row; I believe they are able to slide sideways away from the door.
I drive a Buick Enclave with the same seat configuration. The 2nd row captains chairs slide forward and back, but 99% of the time it's easier just to enter the vehicle with them in normal position and go between them to the back row.

The Chevy might be slightly smaller inside than my Enclave, but it should seat six adults with reasonable comfort for the three in the back row.

Last edited:
I read somewhere yesterday that it is going to be fully operational by July 26th using the Lyft app. I am going August 14-17th and plan on using the service. $20 flat rate fee and does fit up to 6 guests.

I read somewhere yesterday that it is going to be fully operational by July 26th

I've only read that it's "launching" on July 26th. And initially offered to guests at BWI, YC and BC with more widely available "later." Currently it's available in test-phase to those same 3 resorts and rides are free. I'm thinking "launch" means they'll start charging the $20. But I don't know that the service will be fully available resort-wide next week. Maybe (hopefully) I've misinterpreted, or maybe you've read something that I haven't yet.

Enjoy your vacation!

One of the problems is that there is a lot of interest in this new service and a LOT of people (bloggers and others) are speculating on what they have heard from supposedly knowledgeable sources might happen. Those comments may or may not contain nuggets of truth, they may be 100% spot on, or they could be totally false.

Disney has made few official announcements, so until the system actually gets up and running for a little while, we're not going to really know all the answers.

I drive a Buick Enclave with the same seat configuration. The 2nd row captains chairs slide forward and back, but 99% of the time it's easier just to enter the vehicle with them in normal position and go between them to the back row.

The Chevy might be slightly smaller inside than my Enclave, but it should seat six adults with reasonable comfort for the three in the back row.
Oh - I'd assumed Smart Slide was like the Honda Odyssey Magic Slide, which lets you slide the seat sideways. Guess I shouldn't assume!

Last edited:
One of the problems is that there is a lot of interest in this new service and a LOT of people (bloggers and others) are speculating on what they have heard from supposedly knowledgeable sources might happen. Those comments may or may not contain nuggets of truth, they may be 100% spot on, or they could be totally false.

Disney has made few official announcements, so until the system actually gets up and running for a little while, we're not going to really know all the answers.

A lot of local bloggers actually have tested it so a few have more than just speculation. I.E. the safety seats and how many it can fit and the price. I normally look for photos of them in the vehicle or talking with a driver to see if they are guessing or not. The ones using stock photos are probably guessing but those who are actually ridding in them are getting it straight from the mouse.

A lot of local bloggers actually have tested it so a few have more than just speculation. I.E. the safety seats and how many it can fit and the price. I normally look for photos of them in the vehicle or talking with a driver to see if they are guessing or not. The ones using stock photos are probably guessing but those who are actually ridding in them are getting it straight from the mouse.
I think Jim was referring to speculation on how it will operate, which we won't truly know until either it's running property-wide or Disney makes some official pronouncements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter