Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

This sounds like fun! I am thinking about doing a trip Dec 1 through the 11th! We will definitely attend one of the party nights. Sounds like soooooo much fun!

Does it rain alot in December though?

We are going Dec. 2-11, haven't decided when we will be at the party, though!! I am so excited!! We did the MNNSHP last fall and I decided I had to see Disney at Christmas time!

Can you make your dining res. when you purchase the tickets? I have with the MNSSHP, I figure this is the same. Or am I wrong.
I am soooooo excited, I have never seen WDW at Christmas time. I can hardly wait!!! :bounce:

vic32 said:
Can you make your dining res. when you purchase the tickets? I have with the MNSSHP, I figure this is the same. Or am I wrong.
I am soooooo excited, I have never seen WDW at Christmas time. I can hardly wait!!! :bounce:

Yes, only at LTT.

ms.ojo said:
I was thinking the same thing. And I too prefer to have things in order early but 25% sounded intriguing...until I realized it would probably be off of the day of rate???? Which would be higher...and the savings would then only be $5/adult ticket. Of course, if I could buy day of at my resort using the AP then it sounds like I'd get 25% off the lower price. Here's hoping some experienced AP person will read this thread and answer our questions. We're looking at going on a Sun or a Tues and I believe only FRI's ever sell out so the big question is...are the # of day of AP passes really limited and where can you purchase them???

You know, I swear the way I read it is that you can buy them in advance - say in May and get the discount but you get the 25% off the day of purchase price, not the advance purchase price but you can still order them in May.

Well I know one thing is for sure I am going to try like the devil to see if it can't be done when when they go on sale.

If not then I will probably buy them in advance without the discount because I don't want to risk them selling out and I like to have things well planned out and that would drive me nuts!!!

I know tickets aren't available yet, but should I order them the day they are? DH wants to wait until we get there to decide if we want to go on our arrival evening, which I understand, but I'm afraid if we wait until we get there, it will be sold out. On the other hand, if it's sold out, I probably don't want to go anyway! We'll be going either the first or second night of the party, possibly the 3rd.

Also, what about eating? Last year we ate at LTT before MNSSHP, and we really enjoyed it. We're already planning to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast one day, but I was thinking about dinner in the castle before the party. Can we do this? Maybe a 4:30-5:00 PS or so?

Does the first night of the party tend to sell out?

bigbabyblues said:
I know tickets aren't available yet, but should I order them the day they are? DH wants to wait until we get there to decide if we want to go on our arrival evening, which I understand, but I'm afraid if we wait until we get there, it will be sold out. On the other hand, if it's sold out, I probably don't want to go anyway! We'll be going either the first or second night of the party, possibly the 3rd.

Also, what about eating? Last year we ate at LTT before MNSSHP, and we really enjoyed it. We're already planning to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast one day, but I was thinking about dinner in the castle before the party. Can we do this? Maybe a 4:30-5:00 PS or so?

Does the first night of the party tend to sell out?

I believe only the last one and the Friday nights sold out.

LTT, CP, the Castle and Tony's are open but only LTT is open past 6:00p.

I've been waitin for this thread, too. This will be our first MVMCP. We plan on going Dec 1 - It will be DH's birthday!

:cool1: I'm soooo excited this year we're going to do two MVMCP Dec. 1st and 4th...Come on Dec. :hourglass

We plan to be there the first Thursday in Dec. We were there a couple years ago and it was the highlight of our trip. Debby

beattyfamily said:
The AP discount is brand new this year so no one but Disney knows exactly how it's going to work yet.

Last year a few people said that although they didn't think their weeknight party night was sold out, they found out while down there that it was.

Yes, last year we knew well ahead of time that Dec 3, 10 and 17 were sold out.

Thank you! Although we are not planning to go until Dec 2007, it is informative to read about those of you who are planning a Dec.2005 WDW vacation or have gone during the Christmas season before.
We will be first timers for going around the Christmas season and as you can probably tell are as excited as the rest of you. :goodvibes

"Happy Planning for Everyone!" :)
:wave: ::MinnieMo

I can't wait to go this year also. It will be our first MVMCP & first trip during the holidays. It is a surprise for our DD's. I think we will go to the Dec. 18th party.

zippehsmom

Hello!

What is the photo that is taken at the party?

I still haven't decided whether to take DD to the party...I'm really fretting over this one...she will be 5 in December, but right now, she cannot wait/sit still for anything, anywhere. I do think she would be fine with the hours of the party, she would stay up until midnight if I would let her...we most likely would nap beforehand...

Any thoughts on this? (This is a mother/daughter trip, so I don't have anyone else to keep her entertained.)

Thanks!

pettyone said:
Hello!

What is the photo that is taken at the party?

I still haven't decided whether to take DD to the party...I'm really fretting over this one...she will be 5 in December, but right now, she cannot wait/sit still for anything, anywhere. I do think she would be fine with the hours of the party, she would stay up until midnight if I would let her...we most likely would nap beforehand...

Any thoughts on this? (This is a mother/daughter trip, so I don't have anyone else to keep her entertained.)

Thanks!

Hi!! The photo taken is a family photo and is set against a backdrop. Last year we had snowflakes as the backdrop and when you get the picture there is a little picture of the gang and it says Mickeys very merry xmas party.

From my expirence, wait times for all the rides have been 5 minutes or less if not walk on completely. Of course we wait until later in the evening to do the ones in FantasyLand.

There is also cookies and hot cocoa. We get those and sit to watch the fireworks :)

beattyfamily said:
They will start letting party goers in after 4:00p. They started doing that about 3 years ago, after 9/11 because of the security tables in place. It makes it easier for them rather than having everyone enter right at 7:00p.

Also all the sit-down restaurants are open but only LTT is open past 6:00p. It's open during the party. The other restaurants will take PS up until 6:00p. You can eat at LTT, The Castle, Crystal palace and Tony's. You can get a PS anywere between 4:00p and 6:00p to be done before the party starts.

If you do not eat at a restaurant and are in the park between 6:00p and 7:00p, they will make you hang out in Tomorrowland while they clear out the park of non-party goers.

Hope this helps.

If we don't have a PS, can we still get in at 4pm? Can we ride the rides at that time? If we're in another part of the park around 6:00, will they direct us to Tomorrowland to hang out until 7:00? We'll arrive on Dec. 18th, so it looks like the final party on the 20th is our only option. We've never done MVMCP before, but it sounds like a lot of fun - and a good way to have a 2nd visit to MK at a price that is cheaper than using one of the days on our 3 or 4 day pass. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

JoannaOhio said:
If we don't have a PS, can we still get in at 4pm? Can we ride the rides at that time? If we're in another part of the park around 6:00, will they direct us to Tomorrowland to hang out until 7:00? We'll arrive on Dec. 18th, so it looks like the final party on the 20th is our only option. We've never done MVMCP before, but it sounds like a lot of fun - and a good way to have a 2nd visit to MK at a price that is cheaper than using one of the days on our 3 or 4 day pass. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can still get in after 4:00p with just the party ticket. You can ride all the rides till 6:00p and then to better clear out the park and finish setting up, they'll ask party goers to go over to Tomorrowland till 7:00p.

beattyfamily said:
Yes, you can still get in after 4:00p with just the party ticket. You can ride all the rides till 6:00p and then to better clear out the park and finish setting up, they'll ask party goers to go over to Tomorrowland till 7:00p.

I get the absolute BEST information from these boards! I used them a lot when planning our last trip in 2000. I'm the grandma, and my working-mom daughter was astounded by all the great tips I gleaned from here. Thanks to everybody!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter