Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

beattyfamily said:
You can eat at LTT (fun cause the characters are dressed in Halloween Masks/aprons),

Kind of odd attire for Christmas, don't you think :rotfl2:

I'm so excited for going to MVMCP for our first time on December 6th. We will probably go on the 8th as well :banana:

tjevans said:
Uh . . . not to nitpick, but look at the original post. The 20th is the last party. Is it not good to go on the last party?

Oh well, I'm not perfect and I made a mistake. :blush:

Reiterating the question about the last night- how bad being the last night on a weeknight? Does it sell out? We have a choice of Dec 18th or 20th as we will be there the 17th-24th. Thought we were going to miss it this year based on last year's dates.

Some perspective on the crowds question- we were there Dec 16th, 2004- the last night AND a Friday. We didn't get our photo due to the lines and missed a couple shows. On the other hand, we did lots of rides, had a great viewing location for Wishes(awesome, incredible, loved it), and a good location for the second parade. We got as much cookies and cocoa as we wanted and my sister had her first of many pictures taken with Stitch for that trip(she's 18 but no one is truly an adult at the World). Obviously not a terrible experience since we plan on doing it again.

My mom committed blasphemy the other day- she wondered about cancelling the Dec trip since we are going in Jan for the Marathon(me) and Half(her and my sister). I pointed out that the January trip is about the races and can't be extended because I will be taking two days off school for it as it is. The Dec trip is about vacation- she then admitted that she really liked being there for the holidays last year and wanted to do it again. Why did she even mention it then? Parents, I just don't understand them sometimes.

beattyfamily said:
Oh well, I'm not perfect and I made a mistake. :blush:

Sorry if I came off as harsh. I didn't mean to. What I meant was that you implied that the last day form MVMCP is not a good day to go, but the 20th is the last day. Is the last day a bad one?

I've got a couple questions. When they send your tickets do you get a brochure listing the event times during the party like the schedule I saw posted on last year's thread? Is there a place for pictures with the "real" Santa during the party and/or at the park during regular hours?

TIA, Calie

Santa pictures- I admit that I didn't notice. However, I did notice that they were doing 'real' Santa pictures at Downtown Disney so that's always an option.

Other question- no we just got our cards for entry. Didn't have a schedule until we got our wristbands although the cover letter for the cards had a little information but no specifics.

Gate Price (night of party): Adult $42.95...Child (3-9) $32.95.
Advance purchase means any time before actually being at the Ticket and Transportation Center on the night of the party you've chosen to attend.You can purchase them at your resort the day of the party at Advance prices.You ONLY require a MVMCP ticket to attend this event.The tickets are non refundable and the party will go on...rain or moonlight

I just want to clarify, that you can buy the ticket to the event the day of, or buy it in advance starting as early as May?
If a person waits to buy the day of, won't there be a possibility that it might be "sold out"? Is there a maximum amount of tickets that are sold for it per night?

We aren't planning on going until Dec.of 2007 but all ready I have been told, This is a must see!
Thanks for the thread and the information! :cool1:
:wave: ::MinnieMo

tjevans said:
Sorry if I came off as harsh. I didn't mean to. What I meant was that you implied that the last day form MVMCP is not a good day to go, but the 20th is the last day. Is the last day a bad one?

No, I thank you for correcting me! I did make a mistake. The last one is NOT a good one to attend if possible.

I second Montanna Minnie's question about the # of tickets. Since I obsess, I'm sure I'll buy tickets the minute they're available, but if I could restrain myself and try to buy tickets the day of to get the 25% AP discount, how likely is it? (Thinking a weekday - early on). Are there a limit to the # of tickets they sell - any idea of how many? Thanks - the 2 things I love most, Christmas and Disney!!!!

I am so excited to see this thread! Last few nights I have been reading 2004 thread just to get in the mood! We are making our first ever WDW trip Dec 17-26,2005. I cant wait for our DD to see it. She will be 20 months when we go.From the sounds of things are best bet is to go on Dec 18-hopefully it wont be too bad even though it is a weekend it is not the last day. Hope to see some of yall there! :banana: :banana:

Tinkaroo said:
I second Montanna Minnie's question about the # of tickets. Since I obsess, I'm sure I'll buy tickets the minute they're available, but if I could restrain myself and try to buy tickets the day of to get the 25% AP discount, how likely is it? (Thinking a weekday - early on). Are there a limit to the # of tickets they sell - any idea of how many? Thanks - the 2 things I love most, Christmas and Disney!!!!
I think the old thread said they sell 20,000 tixs per night max--but I may be wrong.

xterratri said:
Santa pictures- I admit that I didn't notice. However, I did notice that they were doing 'real' Santa pictures at Downtown Disney so that's always an option.

Other question- no we just got our cards for entry. Didn't have a schedule until we got our wristbands although the cover letter for the cards had a little information but no specifics.

also remember that Santa is in Epcot in the American Adventure. We opted to do pictures there... avoided a long line!

HayGan said:
Kind of odd attire for Christmas, don't you think :rotfl2:

Yes, I did the same exact thing last year! I talked about the Halloween costumes at LTT in a MVMCP thread. I go a lot between the MNSSHP thread and the MVMCP threads and I need to keep remembering which thread I'm replying in! :crazy: I LOVE them both so I enjoy posting in them both. This year, though, I'll be doing MVMCP for the 4th time on my birthday!!

I am so happey this thread is finally here!!!! We plan on going in 2006 also, but love looking at the information. I do have a question, how is the very first night of the MVMCP? It is on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, does anyone know if it is extremely crowded as compared to later that week?

You lucky people who get to go this year!!!! ;)

2gether said:
Ok, Ok....calming down. My DW (beautiful, BTW :bride: ), my DD (1 yr, 3 mo. at that time and also beautiful :angel: ), Mother (also beautiful :cheer2: ) and stepdad (not beautiful but pretty cool :earboy2: ) will be going Dec 3 - 11 (Pop Warner week, I know, but what can you do). We will probably get tickets for the MVMCP on the 6th.

Here is the biggest question for everyone right now...how do very young kids handle staying up so late? Any tips on helping them enjoy the show? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Otherwise...just overjoyed to be thinking about MVMCP....

This is our 1st time planning for MVMCP but we went to MNSSHP when ds was 4 and dd1. We only toured a park in the morning and came back for naps right after lunch. Around 4:30 we awoke, dressed up in our costumes and returned to MK for the early entry to the party and enjoyed ourselves in Tomorrowland. Both of my children were easily able to stay up that night. There was SO much to see and do. Around 10:30 dd started fading and I have the cutest picture of her asleep in the stroller (she was tinkerbell) w/ ds nearly asleep in his stroller (captain hook). We left the party at 11 via the bus system and were in our beds at ASMO by 11:30! The BIG thing was....we took the next day off! Kids slept in til 8:30 and we hung around the hotel pool...then did a little shopping at DTD.

Hope this helps!

Tinkaroo said:

I was thinking the same thing. And I too prefer to have things in order early but 25% sounded intriguing...until I realized it would probably be off of the day of rate???? Which would be higher...and the savings would then only be $5/adult ticket. Of course, if I could buy day of at my resort using the AP then it sounds like I'd get 25% off the lower price. Here's hoping some experienced AP person will read this thread and answer our questions. We're looking at going on a Sun or a Tues and I believe only FRI's ever sell out so the big question is...are the # of day of AP passes really limited and where can you purchase them???

ms.ojo said:
I was thinking the same thing. And I too prefer to have things in order early but 25% sounded intriguing...until I realized it would probably be off of the day of rate???? Which would be higher...and the savings would then only be $5/adult ticket. Of course, if I could buy day of at my resort using the AP then it sounds like I'd get 25% off the lower price. Here's hoping some experienced AP person will read this thread and answer our questions. We're looking at going on a Sun or a Tues and I believe only FRI's ever sell out so the big question is...are the # of day of AP passes really limited and where can you purchase them???

The AP discount is brand new this year so no one but Disney knows exactly how it's going to work yet.

Last year a few people said that although they didn't think their weeknight party night was sold out, they found out while down there that it was.

Yes, last year we knew well ahead of time that Dec 3, 10 and 17 were sold out.

We're going to be there from Dec. 4 - Dec. 17th. :cool1: I think it would be better to get our tickets for the first week, instead of the second. I can see it becoming more crowded the closer you are to Christmas. I guess that would mean Dec. 6 (Tues) or 8th (Thurs).

When we were there in 2002, that week in Dec had 10 inches of rain. :earseek: We had perfect weather for our Tues. MVMCP but a friend of mine went on Thurs and there was so much rain that they offered either refunds of allowed the people to exchange their tickets for another night. I think it would be best to get the tickets for Tues., then if history would repeat itself, I'd have a chance to see it again. :banana:

Thanks for the Info!!!! My family loved going last year. We went on opening night. :wizard:

MVMCP is such a magical experience! This coming Dec will be our 3rd year in a row attending. We are planning on Tues, Nov 29th.

Tips for young children is to take a break and get a good nap in before the party starts. We typically do AK in the morning and then head back after lunch for a nap. Then do a 5:30ish dinner inside MK (Crystal Palace is our fav choice) so we are all set and ready when the party starts at 7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter