Dec 13th...Tuesday
Dec 15th...Thursday
Dec 16th..Friday
Dec 18th...Sunday
Dec 20th...Tuesday

TIME:7pm to Midnight

TICKET PRICES:
Advance: Adult $36.95....Child (3-9) $26.95
Gate Price (night of party): Adult $42.95...Child (3-9) $32.95.
Advance purchase means any time before actually being at the Ticket and Transportation Center on the night of the party you've chosen to attend.You can purchase them at your resort the day of the party at Advance prices.You ONLY require a MVMCP ticket to attend this event.The tickets are non refundable and the party will go on...rain or moonlight

For tickets call 407-W Disney ( 407-934-7639)

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is an annual event that’s not to be missed. The Magic Kingdom closes to all but the ticket holders for this holiday party. The magic begins with “snow” falling on Main Street. As you enjoy your complimentary Christmas cookies with a steaming cup of hot cocoa, you’ll wonder if you’re still in Florida. There’s no mistaking that when you watch the incredible parade. With Gingerbread Men, Elves, Snowmen and the amazing Wooden Soldiers, you’ll be filled with holiday cheer as they accompany Mickey and friends on their nightly march along the parade route. The grand finale is an appearance by Santa himself.

With Christmas Carols in the air, special holiday themed entertainment, and a spectacular version of the Wishes fireworks themed to the evening’s festivities, you’ll experience an unforgettable evening. Of course, the attractions are open for your enjoyment. The party begins at 7:00 and ends at midnight. There are eleven dates to choose from starting with November 30.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade... is held daily and is the same show that is broadcast on Christmas morning.

Live stage shows

Special Holiday Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks

Snow on Main Street

Unlimited use of Magic Kingdom Attractions...Most attractions are open and available during the party. If crowds are heavy, try to plan to hit the more popular attractions during the fireworks and parades.

Tree lighting ceremony...Most nights on Main Street.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...Tomorrowland's Galaxy Palace Theatre.

Holiday Cookies and Cocoa

Carolers on Main Street

Souvenir family button

Here's a list of what has been open during previous MVMCP:

ADVENTURELAND
Pirates of the Caribbean
Magic Carpets of Aladdin

FRONTIERLAND
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree

LIBERTY SQUARE
Haunted Mansion

FANTASYLAND
Peter Pan's Flight
Cinderella's Carousel
Dumbo
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Small World...probably closed in 2004 for rehab.

TOMORROWLAND
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Arcade
Space Mountain

FAST PASS
Fast Pass isn't available during MVMCP but there's really no need for it.A wait shouldn't be more than 20 minutes and that will be for rides in Fantasyland at the beginning of the evening.

It's okay to post under this thread about MVMCP in fact that's why I started it!Then we can find all the Christmas things in one place!!

Please,if you could, start posting your MVMCP questions,tips,... whatever you'd like to ask/share about the parties under this thread.

Thanks!​

Yippee!!! I'm so excited to see this thread! I can't wait to go to MVMCP this year, it'll be our first time. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions!! Thank you! :cool1:

I kept looking for the "MVMCP Central 2005" I'm planning for 11/29 or 12/1.
I'm keeping it a secret from my kids....I can't wait!!!
Kimba

DH and I are planning our first-ever trip to WDW during the holidays (got to use those AP's!), and want to experience this party. We'll likely be there from 11/28 - 12/2. For those experts out there, what day of the week is the best to attend this party? Are there a limit on the # of tickets available for each night? How have the crowds been - it seems like I've seen some people say it was a mob scene, and they won't do it again.

Any advice is much appreciated!

And, when do tix go on sale??

Tinkaroo said:
DH and I are planning our first-ever trip to WDW during the holidays (got to use those AP's!), and want to experience this party. We'll likely be there from 11/28 - 12/2. For those experts out there, what day of the week is the best to attend this party? Are there a limit on the # of tickets available for each night? How have the crowds been - it seems like I've seen some people say it was a mob scene, and they won't do it again.

Any advice is much appreciated!

And, when do tix go on sale??

The tickets went on sale early last year; May 1.

Weekdays are better than Fridays. It can appear crowded on the streets but the rides didn't have long lines. Go to the second parade too as it's usually less crowded. We LOVE it!

OOPS! I meant to ask my question.

Which date for MVMCP do you think would be better:
Sunday, December 18th or Tuesday, December 20th?

It looks like they will have MVMCP 4 times during our stay...Yeah! Why did they end the party date so early last year?

CarolinaBlue said:
OOPS! I meant to ask my question.

Which date for MVMCP do you think would be better:
Sunday, December 18th or Tuesday, December 20th?

They both are NOT Friday which is good but I would pick the 18 since the 20th is the last party.

Sometimes its good to go to the first one anyway so that way if you fall very ill or it pours rain that night you can try and get tickets for the next party.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This is one last bit of info I need to plan my december trip! :earsboy:

Okay, I lied. I need a little more info if anyone knows. Do I have to be at the gate to come in at 7:00PM? We'll probably have dinner somewhere and then go. Or, here's another question...are the sit down restaurants open during MVMCP? Which one to choose?

Thanks for the info. Looks like there will be 4 MVMCP's going on when we r there...wooohooo and we'll probably end up at the one on Tues. the 29th and maybe Thurs the 1st!!!! I'm so excited theres a thread for this, I cant wait to go!!! :cool1:

wasabi girl said:
Okay, I lied. I need a little more info if anyone knows. Do I have to be at the gate to come in at 7:00PM? We'll probably have dinner somewhere and then go. Or, here's another question...are the sit down restaurants open during MVMCP? Which one to choose?

They will start letting party goers in after 4:00p. They started doing that about 3 years ago, after 9/11 because of the security tables in place. It makes it easier for them rather than having everyone enter right at 7:00p.

Also all the sit-down restaurants are open but only LTT is open past 6:00p. It's open during the party. The other restaurants will take PS up until 6:00p. You can eat at LTT, The Castle, Crystal palace and Tony's. You can get a PS anywere between 4:00p and 6:00p to be done before the party starts.

If you do not eat at a restaurant and are in the park between 6:00p and 7:00p, they will make you hang out in Tomorrowland while they clear out the park of non-party goers.

Hope this helps.

wasabi girl said:

This past year, we entered MK around 4pm.. we had PS's at LTT for 5:30. They gave us our wristbands right there at the gate. There were stands all over the place giving out the wristbands though.

As for which restaurant to chose, we really enjoyed LTT. The food was good, the service was even better, and the character interaction was awesome! I've also heard a lot of people who ate at CP and also enjoyed themselves.

beattyfamily said:
It's a toss up! They both are NOT Friday which is good. Neither is the very last party which is good.

Uh . . . not to nitpick, but look at the original post. The 20th is the last party. Is it not good to go on the last party?

DW and I have been waiting for this thread ever since our July vacation last year got cancelled due to the blessed arrival of our first DD! :earsgirl:

We absolutely CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TRIP!!!!!!! I don't really have all that many questions, since I hung on EVERY WORD of last year's thread. but thank all of you for the trail of notes you left. They were immeasurably helpful for an obsessive WDW planner like myself! :rolleyes:

Ok, Ok....calming down. My DW (beautiful, BTW :bride: ), my DD (1 yr, 3 mo. at that time and also beautiful :angel: ), Mother (also beautiful :cheer2: ) and stepdad (not beautiful but pretty cool :earboy2: ) will be going Dec 3 - 11 (Pop Warner week, I know, but what can you do). We will probably get tickets for the MVMCP on the 6th.

Here is the biggest question for everyone right now...how do very young kids handle staying up so late? Any tips on helping them enjoy the show? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Otherwise...just overjoyed to be thinking about MVMCP....

I too....have been awaiting this thread!!!!

We will be @ WDW 11/27 - 12/2.

We will attend sun. 11/27 and thur. 12/1

We also attended on a Tues and a Fri. in 2003. We found Fri to be packed because on the locals, but anticipate smaller crowds on the week days as we found last time.

Woo....Hooo!

I can't wait.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!