Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Oh man, that's too bad! If we enter at 3 PM for our Halloween party, it looks like our chances of getting a FP for MAD (especially before we head for DL around 6 ) is very unlikely!
For reference the flip over to the MAD FPs happened at about 1:45ish today. My recommendation if your ok burning an hour is to get in the standby line as soon as it opens up. Last year people could start waiting for standby at 4pm.

For reference the flip over to the MAD FPs happened at about 1:45ish today. My recommendation if your ok burning an hour is to get in the standby line as soon as it opens up. Last year people could start waiting for standby at 4pm.
Our main goal is to ride it once (my DD hasn't ridden it since it changed from TOT, but we don't care which version, I guess. We will probably just get in standby about 10-15 minutes after we get in and hope the wait isn't too ridiculous. (We might grab a treat on the way!) We will use MaxPass to grab a pass for something else as we come in. And maybe hope to ride RSR single rider. She wants to do those two, plus GRR and Goofy's Sky School, and Soarin' IF we have time. We'll really have to see what's possible though.

I'll be there for the party on 10/16 with my DH and DS(23). We have been a few times, but not since 2014. As a bonus, my SIL is bringing her family for their very first DLR trip!

Do you all think it's feasible to enter DCA at 3:00 and snag MPs for MAD? We have ADRs at Lamplight for 3:40. I'm hoping we can enter, grab the fastpasses, tour the Pixar area to see what's new, eat, and then ride before we cross to the party. Am I trying for the impossible?

So bummed about the change to FP distribution for MAD. That makes it much more difficult to time having a FP pull available because it's tied to whenever those 5pm FPs start distributing. 3pm was great because all I had to do was make sure I had a FP available by then. And MP made it so I didn't have to wait in the kiosk line, lol!

Our main goal is to ride it once (my DD hasn't ridden it since it changed from TOT, but we don't care which version, I guess. We will probably just get in standby about 10-15 minutes after we get in and hope the wait isn't too ridiculous. (We might grab a treat on the way!) We will use MaxPass to grab a pass for something else as we come in. And maybe hope to ride RSR single rider. She wants to do those two, plus GRR and Goofy's Sky School, and Soarin' IF we have time. We'll really have to see what's possible though.

I hope you get a chance to experience both if possible, but MAD is only during Halloween so I would make that more of a priority if it were me. Since MAD ties into the story from the regular version, though, it's nice to have that knowledge.

Without giving too much away, how would you compare MAD to the daytime ride?

MAD is a continuation of the daytime storyline. I like both for different reasons and would have trouble picking one over the other. MAD is definitely "more scary", so to speak, and you do have more music options with the daytime version. I think both are very well done and could ride each several times without tiring of either. But, if I had to choose one, I would see MAD just because it's a limited offering.

Without giving too much away, how would you compare MAD to the daytime ride?
I agree with the above poster. I was afraid it would be too "scary" for ME (I'm a bit of a wimp, and hate big jump scenes) but it was mostly just fun because it was different, and wasn't that scary really. I do love to do both!

Our main goal is to ride it once...

I think your plan to just get in the GOTG stand by line right away is a good one, but don't forget to use your free MP to keep checking for a cancelled FP. Those cancelled FPs go super fast (!), so if you see one, grab it! The odds are low, but you never know -- sometimes pixie dust happens! And since MP comes free with your MHP ticket anyway, use it to your advantage!

Are there any Halloween treats in DTD? We'll be arriving in 15 days, evening, and I'd like to get a ''jump start'' on eating all the treats I can!! :)

Does MP come with all party tickets or just those purchased a certain way?

I think your plan to just get in the GOTG stand by line right away is a good one, but don't forget to use your free MP to keep checking for a cancelled FP. Those cancelled FPs go super fast (!), so if you see one, grab it! The odds are low, but you never know -- sometimes pixie dust happens! And since MP comes free with your MHP ticket anyway, use it to your advantage!

Good call! Especially since we'll just be a party of 2, there is definitely a chance. I remember those popped up several times for us (with different rides) when my husband and I went last December.

[
Are there any Halloween treats in DTD? We'll be arriving in 15 days, evening, and I'd like to get a ''jump start'' on eating all the treats I can!! :)

Does MP come with all party tickets or just those purchased a certain way?
Last uear there was a candy/treat store in DTD that had the Halloween style candy apples, cake pops etc. I know they have closed a bunch of stores etc. There so, not positive it's still there. Can anyone who has been there recently comment if this store is still in DTD?

I am confused. Is MAD just for the MHP nights? Or all during Halloween time?
All of Halloween time. The ride closes at 4pm from the regular version and reopens at 5pm as MAD. Last year on Halloween day it ran as MAD for the whole day and will probably do the same this year.

[

Last uear there was a candy/treat store in DTD that had the Halloween style candy apples, cake pops etc. I know they have closed a bunch of stores etc. There so, not positive it's still there. Can anyone who has been there recently comment if this store is still in DTD?

Are you thinking of Marceline's? If so, it's still open. It's a year round candy store. It was never on the chopping block.

I am confused. Is MAD just for the MHP nights? Or all during Halloween time?

Every night during the Halloween season.

Marceline's in DTD will have the Halloween apples, cake pops, rice crispie treats and the pre-packaged candies (e.g. candy corn, gummies).

At the resorts the Grand Californian will have a table in the lobby selling holiday treats. The Coffee Shop in the DLH and Surfside Lounge in PP also has some autumn treats.

The World of Disney store in DTD and the gift shops in the hotel will also have the pre-packaged candies.

Are you thinking of Marceline's? If so, it's still open. It's a year round candy store. It was never on the chopping block.

Every night during the Halloween season.
Yes that's the place. I just couldn't think of the name..lol They make up candy apples in the window while you watch. I remember the dia de los muertos candy apples being made last year. So cool to watch them as they make them. I was there in July but didn't really go in DTD besides to go to WOD so, I didn't know what all is there now. I visit a few times a year so, I miss out in a lot unfortunately.

Yes that's the place. I just couldn't think of the name..lol They make up candy apples in the window while you watch. I remember the dia de los muertos candy apples being made last year. So cool to watch them as they make them. I was there in July but didn't really go in DTD besides to go to WOD so, I didn't know what all is there now. I visit a few times a year so, I miss out in a lot unfortunately.

There's lots to see so I get it :). I regularly look in even if it's just as I'm passing by on my way to wetzels. Always fun to see what they're making!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter