Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Just to confirm, there are no fastpasses or maxpasses during party hours, correct?

Correct, FP/MP will operate during the early entry party hours (3-6/4-7), but not during MHP itself. And MP comes with the party tickets this year, but hang on to the paper ticket in case your phone has issues.

Correct, FP/MP will operate during the early entry party hours (3-6/4-7), but not during MHP itself. And MP comes with the party tickets this year, but hang on to the paper ticket in case your phone has issues.

MP comes with the party tickets? Awesome! Does that include photos from the party?

I just bought our MHP tickets last night! I’m excited now that I finally committed to do it again. We did it last year for the first time but had tickets to be there during the day too but this will be our first time entering from the main gates. Does DL have a dedicated line for MHP too? What time should we be there to be closer to the front when they let us in at 3? I definitely want to get over to Toon Town asap for the pre-party line.

What time do the villains line up? We didn’t do that last year.

I’m bummed we missed the goodbye at the end! That sounds great. Please let us know when/if that happens if you are at one of the first nights. We are going on October.

In past years, there have been dedicated ticket gates for MHP. They had signs that said "Special Event" (or something like that) and were to the far right. I recall seeing a few guests waiting from fairly early on (I'd guess an hour beforehand), but I don't know when the bulk of the early crowd shows up.

In terms of the villains, I think it's really going to depend on how they do things this year. Last year, the villains didn't come out right at the start of the party and the CMs weren't allowing guests to line-up before hand. There were a lot of guests milling around the area in front of the train station and then when the villains finally did appear, the lines formed. There were two M&G spots (one to the left and one to the right) and each had their own line (so no more "one line to see three villains" set-up). It'll be interesting to see if they do that again this year or go back to the single line set-up. There were also "roaming" villains last year.

HalloweenTime starts tomorrow! Anybody wanna guess whether the M&F parking structure will reach capacity tomorrow evening? :rotfl:
It probably will and they are down at least 10-12 parking spots on each level on levels 2-6 since the new structure going up is going to connect to the old structure at two points on each level.

It probably will and they are down at least 10-12 parking spots on each level on levels 2-6 since the new structure going up is going to connect to the old structure at two points on each level.
I wanted to go this weekend to try and get popcorn buckets..but I'll wait. I have a feeling it's going to be busy since it's opening weekend for Halloween. I don't need a plastic bucket that bad lol

So I purchased tickets for MHP on sept 19th and got ordered to work so I can no longer go. Called Disney and they won’t do anything for me. Basically told me tough luck. Is there anywhere I can sell these or anyone I can talk to to get a credit or anything for them? I have three tickets so it set me back $315. I’ll be going in October now but the days we are there (17-19) they are sold out which is unfortunate cause it’s my sons 4th birthday.

So I purchased tickets for MHP on sept 19th and got ordered to work so I can no longer go. Called Disney and they won’t do anything for me. Basically told me tough luck. Is there anywhere I can sell these or anyone I can talk to to get a credit or anything for them? I have three tickets so it set me back $315. I’ll be going in October now but the days we are there (17-19) they are sold out which is unfortunate cause it’s my sons 4th birthday.
MHP tickets clearly state that they are not for resale, are non-refundable, and are non-transferable. While your situation is unfortunate (and frustrating!), it goes against Disney's ticket policy to re-sell the tickets. DIS Boards does not condone or participate in the violation of any of Disney's policies. You can call Guest Services to see if they will give you a credit for your tickets or allow you to apply the value of your tickets to a future ticket purchase.
As for your October dates, sometimes there are MHP tickets available at the ticket booths on the day of each party. Ask at the booths first thing on the morning of 10/19 to see if any tickets have been made available. If you will be staying on site, in the past, MHP tickets have been made available first thing in the morning (early!) to on site guests only. Check with the GCH about this.
If all else fails, you can donate your tickets to charity, e.g. Make a Wish or Children's Hospital of Orange County, for a possible tax deduction or gift them to a very lucky relative/friend.

Last edited:
MHP tickets clearly state that they are not for resale, are non-refundable, and are non-transferable. While your situation is unfortunate (and frustrating!), it goes against Disney's ticket policy to re-sell the tickets. DIS Boards does not condone or participate in the violation of any of Disney's policies. You can call Guest Services to see if they will give you a credit for your tickets or allow you to apply the value of your tickets to a future ticket purchase.
As for your October dates, sometimes there are MHP tickets available at the ticket booths on the day of each party. Ask at the booths first thing on the morning of 10/19 to see if any tickets have been made available. If you will be staying on site, in the past, MHP tickets have been made available first thing in the morning (early!) to on site guests only. Check with the GCH about this.
If all else fails, you can donate your tickets to charity, e.g. Make a Wish or Children's Hospital of Orange County, for a possible tax deduction or gift them to a very lucky relative/friend.

That just seems so wrong! I paid for something, I own the rights to that spot yet I can not designate another person to go in my place or change the date I’m attending. I have a son turning 4 years old that wants to attend a family oriented event but due to a policy I won’t be able to take him AND I throw away $315. That is far from the happiest anything on earth and seems almost criminal to me.

That just seems so wrong! I paid for something, I own the rights to that spot yet I can not designate another person to go in my place or change the date I’m attending. I have a son turning 4 years old that wants to attend a family oriented event but due to a policy I won’t be able to take him AND I throw away $315. That is far from the happiest anything on earth and seems almost criminal to me.
I understand your frustration, but just think of the logistical nightmare Disney would have to deal with if they made tickets transferable or exchangeable. It just isn't feasible. And it's not criminal because the terms and conditions are expressly laid out prior to purchasing of the ticket. That said, I hope you reach a solution and are able to get into the party you want in October.

Well they are non refundable and can’t be sold via stubhub etc, they can be used by someone else without issue. So maybe I can find someone who can use them.

It's not Disney's fault you can't attend. Take that up with your employer.

It's not Disney's fault you can't attend. Take that up with your employer.

Your right. It is however their fault I can not sell my tickets like you can any other sporting event, concert etc. it’s also their fault I can’t transfer my tickets to another date.

Your right. It is however their fault I can not sell my tickets like you can any other sporting event, concert etc. it’s also their fault I can’t transfer my tickets to another date.
Disney explicitly tells you when you buy the tickets for the party that they are nontransferable, nonrefundable, and may not be resold. You agreed to that contract when you purchased the tickets. It sucks that your out the money but those were the terms you agreed to at the time of purchase.

As others have said, the policy is clearly stated when you purchase the tickets. If that policy was going to be a problem you either shouldn't have purchased tickets or should have purchased appropriate travel insurance.

I'm not defending Disney's policy on event tickets but they are allowed to set those policies as they see fit.

I need a quick answer please. Are both parks closed for the Halloween party? I have friends who will be in the area and will just have one day to visit the parks in October. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter