Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

I guess I missed out. :(
Not necessarily. Keep watching the sale section of ShopDisney.com -- sometimes Halloween items will show up, especially now. Watch the ShopParks app, too. And watch eBay -- some sellers will drop the price now that Halloween is over. And now you know exactly why we say what we say on this super thread -- we're not crazy or paranoid when we tell DISers to buy their MHP tickets and their Halloween merchandise right away! Those things sell out!! Next year, you're going to be a total veteran at this stuff!

Not necessarily. Keep watching the sale section of ShopDisney.com -- sometimes Halloween items will show up, especially now. Watch the ShopParks app, too. And watch eBay -- some sellers will drop the price now that Halloween is over.

Oh? Awesome! Thanks! I'll check it out.

That's because they didn't do a full on "parade" until a couple years ago. They referred to it as a "cavalcade" previously. The only year we went for Halloween was 2015 and they ran PTN during the party. I would have preferred a full on Halloween parade for sure!

Thanks for spelling that out to me. I had been to the party a few years ago and it was the cavalcade. The parade this year was the best part of the party.

I've been debating if I would ever go on Halloween again or even go again. I do enjoy the costumes!!! It's so fun that everyone dresses up! But, it didn't seem as special as the other two times I went and was way more crowded.

Maybe I should buy one of the dining packages so I am sure to have a seat for the fireworks.

They give you a bag of candy? Was it a worthwhile experience at BB?
I purchased the BB package too and thought it was worth it. You got a bag of candy easily 2-3lbs, a light up lanyard and a spot for the parade. Plus BB is a MUST for my friend every time we go so this a no brainier. NOTE: you had to sit for the parade - and they packed the reserve people in there. After sitting for Fantasmic the day before my body just couldn't sit on the hard surface again so I asked if there was someplace to stand. We had to wait just outside the Reserve area but about 5 minutes to parade start they let us in another reserved area that we basically had all to our selves. Then for the fireworks we pretty much stayed right where we were -just where the hub and main street meet and had a GREAT spot for the fireworks. We saw the Jack (balloon thing), Zero and about 80% of the castle. They CM's kept telling us to move forward but we stayed back just a little bit - then there was space in front of us so we could clearly see the castle.

Part 2.

Not all are halloweeny, but some are my favorite moments. I had a very rough year including a cancer scare, that's why I ended up in hospital again too. This trip was the thing I was hanging onto for months.

Last year I was in Florida for Halloween and in Anaheim for Christmas, so I had missed a lot of things that were added last year like the DCA costumes, and the Oogie themed overlay. I was very excited to see the new entertainment throughout the Resort, like the Scareolers in Downtown Disney, and finding that the hotels are doing some things now too was an extremely pleasant surprise.

Sometimes the crowds really felt insane, yes. Especially the entry from Harbor was nuts if you were not early, and I never actually got a pumpkin picture this year because the lines were always long. But the Halloween party especially was not bad at all, with the exception of Toontown entry which was seriously messed up.

The character changes at the party had me over the moon. I almost didn't buy a ticket because there hadn't been any changes in years, but my BF had decided "at least one ticket, you always go." Learning about Jane and Terk meeting - after I had finally met them in Florida last year - and meeting two Mansion characters were highlights. And it's certainly hard to beat having Dr. Facilier recognize you (and even remember my name) in the middle of Town Square after almost 2 years. Also I finally got to meet Redd, Edna, Rey and of course Black Panther. Starlord and Gamora kindly stopped for a picture after the Dance Off too.

I was also glad that Olin, one of my favorite Bootstappers, took a picture with me. I learned that he and Mean Jean are no longer sailing with the crew. But at least I got to say good bye. I will miss them a lot.

Also I was able to pick my own Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug for a change because I was there for the release. :) Of course that had to happen the morning of my Halloween party! So up at 3 AM for mug, ready to go to bed at 8.30 AM because Party that night... and then Pokemon Go dropped the 4th generation. My friends were more than stunned I managed not to fall asleep til the end of the party. :D
11facilier.jpg 12Mickey.jpg 13minnie.jpg 14clara.jpg 15scareolers.jpg 16cars.jpg 17cars.jpg 18Olin.jpg 19buena.jpg 20mansion.jpg

I'm out of hospital and finally coherent enough to actually look at my pictures...
Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and doing better! Thank you for posting your photos (and it's never to late to add to this thread)! Love your story about Dr. Facilier remembering you by name! Moments like that are totally magical. :)

I purchased the BB package too and thought it was worth it. You got a bag of candy easily 2-3lbs, a light up lanyard and a spot for the parade. Plus BB is a MUST for my friend every time we go so this a no brainier. NOTE: you had to sit for the parade - and they packed the reserve people in there. After sitting for Fantasmic the day before my body just couldn't sit on the hard surface again so I asked if there was someplace to stand. We had to wait just outside the Reserve area but about 5 minutes to parade start they let us in another reserved area that we basically had all to our selves. Then for the fireworks we pretty much stayed right where we were -just where the hub and main street meet and had a GREAT spot for the fireworks. We saw the Jack (balloon thing), Zero and about 80% of the castle. They CM's kept telling us to move forward but we stayed back just a little bit - then there was space in front of us so we could clearly see the castle.

I think I will definitely do the BB Halloween package if I go again. Next Halloween I am thinking of going to DW.

I'm out of hospital and finally coherent enough to actually look at my pictures. I know it's a little late, but here is a small selection, mainly character focussed.

View attachment 364967 View attachment 364968 View attachment 364969 View attachment 364970 View attachment 364971 View attachment 364972 View attachment 364973 View attachment 364974 View attachment 364975 View attachment 364976

So glad you are feeling better!! Sounds like you got a LOT done at the party! Way more than I did!

So glad you are feeling better!! Sounds like you got a LOT done at the party! Way more than I did!

Thank you.

Yes, I got a lot done. Truth to be told, way more than I expected. My original "must dos" had been Max (who no showed) and Daisy in Toontown - I met Daisy in this outfit, but the pictures were not taken with my camera and I never got them. Then Skeleton Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Sally Slater and Constance and SuperGoof, and hopefully see the second parade. I was pretty sure that would be okay, but my friends were worried about me because this seemed like a lot to them. Unfortunately by the time someone had rearranged work to go with me the tickets had sold out.

In the end I got Daisy, Horace and Clarabelle, Chip and Dale, Skeleton Mickey and Minnie, Sally Slater (twice), Constance, Terk, Jane, SuperGoof, Pluto, Dr. Facilier, Sailor Donald, Pirate Chip, Pirate Dale, Jack Sparrow, Hook and Smee and Hades. I saw both parades, and could have met Baloo and Louie too at the Jungle photo stop, but wanted to play safe and let people through so I could get Terk and Jane.

My evening:

Showed up at Toontown 1.5 hours early. Nothing was set up. Me and some Japanese lingered and played Pokemon Go waiting for CMs to set up the line system from 2 years ago. That never happened. Everyone ended squished against the gates and they did a really weird way of advancing us. By the time we were allowed in I had gone from 3rd in line to almost 100 people back. I wasn't happy at that point and thought my whole timing had collapsed before the party even started.

After being let in went to the gazebo line in the middle to get whoever was there - the area where Goofy/Max were meeting was obviously not ready for any meet. Turned out they didn't send out Mickey and Minnie first, but Donald and Daisy. Daisy was at the left line, so I squeezed out of the gazebo line and went there. By the time I had been through that line the Goofy/Max spot had a massive line, but no one there. I spoke to a CM who was really vague if anyone would show up besides Goofy, so I decided not to risk it and headed out to Fantasyland Theater. The Theater had a treat trail with a character photo opp at the end. This trail hadn't even opened yet, although it was considered part of the preparty. So I sat down for a moment and ended up being the first person to meet Horace and Clarabelle. Went through the trail again and the CMs allowed me to wait for Chip and Dale - I was costumed as Rescue Ranger Chip, that may have helped. ;)

I arrived at Rancho de Zocalo for Mickey and Minnie about 15 minutes before the party actually started. I was very surprised that nothing had been set up there yet and the CMs actually refused to tell us where the line entry would be. That lead to several groups lingering around and quite a bit of pushing and shoving when another CM finally showed up and announced we would be "walked in." I got through pretty fast still and went off to French Market for the Mansion characters.

There I found a line of... one family of four. They hadn't cleared out the restaurant on time, so we had to wait for this stop to open as well. By the time it finally opened 5 groups were in line. I was shocked. The CMs seemed a bit desperate - told us that they only had one mention on Instagram before. CMs at several other character meets tried to push people to this meet too. It wasn't on the map, it wasn't on the schedule. I understand human error can happen, but that meet seemed cursed. Anyway, Sally (Tightrope Walker) was meeting first. Lovely to meet, great set up but - I can't believe I am saying this - I wish the lines had been longer. This was such a great and original meet and I can see this being one to go away soon if the numbers are not right. The CMs told me when Constance would be coming out and I figured I had enough time to try for Terk and Jane at the Jungle Meet.

When I arrived there about 20 groups were in line and Baloo and Louie were meeting. That's my one regret of the night - I decided to hang back and wait for Jane and Terk, when in hindsight I could have comfortably met those two as well. Jane was charming as last year and Terk decided to steal my parasol for fun.

Back to French Market and Constance was a walk up. I had been worried silly about this meet and had actually considered doing this before Mickey and Minnie (where the line was pretty out of control at that point). So this was kind of a shock. I really enjoyed meeting Constance too.

At the Pirates meet they did have one line to meet the Neverland Gang and Jack/Redd. That wasn't the best decision in my eyes to combine two slow moving meets into one. I gave up there in the end and went to Town Square - at that point only SuperGoof was left from my must dos and I figured if he wasn't out at that point I'd catch the parade and then catch him when they came out again.

When I arrived at Town Square it was a little more than half hour before parade.

Got Pluto with only 2 groups in line. Was told Goofy would be out in 10 minutes, still before the parade. While waiting for Goofy I caught Facilier, Sailor Donald and the Pirate Chipmunks roaming in quick succession. Town Square was set up just like in the good old days, with tons of characters roaming. That has always been heaven for me. Then met SuperGoof and still managed to get a spot in second row for parade behind some kids.

At that point I slightly regretted not going for Baloo and Louie andI decided I'd wing it back to Adventureland before fireworks. Made it there, but Jane and Terk were meeting. So I passed and went to French Market. The CMs seemed really surprised to have a repeat visit. Hey, you told me to "hurry back". ;)

After some more photos with Sally Slater I checked out the Pirates stop. At that point the line was really dead, the fireworks were just finishing. I met Jack Sparrow and just hit the switch from Peter and Wendy to Hook and Smee, so I got to talk to Peter for a moment too. For some reason he mistook my costume for Nana. :D

On my way back Adventureland still had Terk and Jane and I went back to Town Square checking if maybe I could get some of the roaming villains. That was a bust though because I was solo and had no one to take photos for me. But I still had a fun time watching the Tremaine Sisters going after Gaston and Dale bravely trying to fight the Queen of Hearts.

After second parade they opened the Villains photostop again and no one lined up for the Hades side. I figured "why not" and got in line. That got me a good spot for the "kiss goodnight" too. Said Kiss Goodnight took quite a while longer than usual because no one came to clear path for the Villains. :D

I had a extremely successful night, but there were definitely some snafus I had not seen the years before - especially that Toontown Entry was madness and I was very surprised no one "rescued" the Villains either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter