• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

I need a quick answer please. Are both parks closed for the Halloween party? I have friends who will be in the area and will just have one day to visit the parks in October. TIA
No. Disneyland will close to day guests when the party officially starts however DCA will remain open till their set closing time which varies depending on the day of the week.

MHP is only in Disneyland. DL will close at 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm, depending on when the party starts and after that point, only guests with MHP tickets will be allowed to remain in DL. DCA will remain open until the end of its normal operating day (which varies depending on the day). The MHP ticket is valid from 3 hours prior to the start of the party (so either 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm) and it is park hopper. So MHP guests can be in either DL or DCA all afternoon/evening.

Last edited:

I need a quick answer please. Are both parks closed for the Halloween party? I have friends who will be in the area and will just have one day to visit the parks in October. TIA
California Adventure will be open to non-party guests on party nights. Note that for the 3 hours prior to the party DCA will be open to both party ticket holders AND regular park guests.

That just seems so wrong! I paid for something, I own the rights to that spot yet I can not designate another person to go in my place or change the date I’m attending. I have a son turning 4 years old that wants to attend a family oriented event but due to a policy I won’t be able to take him AND I throw away $315. That is far from the happiest anything on earth and seems almost criminal to me.
While it’s definitely a bummer, I think that Halloween party tickets would go like concert tickets if they could be re-sold - people would snap them up as soon as they were released and make a killing reselling them on the secondary market. Shoot, look at what happens with any collectible item on EBay!

I understand that you can gift them as a gift to an organization like CHOC.

While it’s definitely a bummer, I think that Halloween party tickets would go like concert tickets if they could be re-sold - people would snap them up as soon as they were released and make a killing reselling them on the secondary market. Shoot, look at what happens with any collectible item on EBay!

I understand that you can gift them as a gift to an organization like CHOC.
Exactly! The last thing we want is for professional scalpers to enter into the equation.

All days in September are sold out now. Which suprizes me aount the first party on the 19th

I got my ticket for MHP yesterday!!! Can't wait to go!!! I will be going on the 23rd of October with my friend Christine

All days in September are sold out now. Which suprizes me aount the first party on the 19th
The first party of the year sold out a little earlier this year (12 days) than last year (7 days), but all in all, the parties are selling out at about the same rate as last year (despite going on sale earlier in the year). If the pattern holds, the rest of the parties should sell out in the next few weeks (maybe even by the end of next week).

Well they are non refundable and can’t be sold via stubhub etc, they can be used by someone else without issue. So maybe I can find someone who can use them.
That is frustrating! That is the night (9/19) I just tried to get because I found out we are able to stay in the area one more night. I came on here to see if there was any hope of getting them. I'm hopeful we can check at the ticket booth the day before and/or the morning of to see if any have become available. I don't know how they would suddenly become available but I figure it won't hurt to check. I want to go so bad but we are only in town for a couple of days that week on a last minute side trip after being in San Diego.

We have 4 tickets for the Halloween party on 10/5 for my wife and kids. One of our good family friends daughters wants to go with us now but the event is sold out. If we find someone that had a ticket they are not gong to use can we use it for her? I know you are not allowed to sell them but if we find another friend who has an extra will that work? Thanks

Has anybody had luck getting 2 tickets the day of (or day before) at the ticket booth to a sold out party? We will not be staying onsite. I can't believe the 9/19 tickets sold out this morning. I would rather have heard they sold out weeks ago. Oh well, nothing to do about it now.

Do you know if the the lines are typically shorter than normal during the day at Disneyland on a party day? Maybe I'll just get the day ticket. We already are planning to go to DCA the day before.

Fastpass distribution has changed for monsters after dark from last year. Details below.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will close at 4:00 PM each afternoon and reopen as Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark beginning at 5:00 PM during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.

Disney FASTPASS Details

• From the opening of the park and continuing throughout the day, Disney FASTPASS service will operate normally for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

• Guests with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! FASTPASS entitlements that indicate a return time of 5:00 PM or later will experience Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.

• FASTPASS entitlements are distributed at machines near the attraction as well as through the Disneyland app for Guests who have purchased Disney MaxPass.

• Upon purchasing Disney MaxPass, simply click “Get FASTPASS with Disney MaxPass” to obtain a FASTPASS entitlement.

• FASTPASS selections are subject to availability which is limited and not guaranteed. Disney MaxPass is nonrefundable.

We have 4 tickets for the Halloween party on 10/5 for my wife and kids. One of our good family friends daughters wants to go with us now but the event is sold out...

Has anybody had luck getting 2 tickets the day of (or day before) at the ticket booth to a sold out party? We will not be staying onsite...

People have reported in the past that they have been able to get party tickets on the morning of their party date. If they were guests on site, they did so at the GCH. If they were not staying on site, they were able to do so at the ticket booths. Sometimes there were signs in the esplanade saying that extra party tickets were available. (Sometimes extra comp tickets are returned to DL if the charity/radio station/promoter/etc. doesn't use them all up.) Other times, people just went to the ticket booths first thing and asked.

... If we find someone that had a ticket they are not gong to use can we use it for her? I know you are not allowed to sell them but if we find another friend who has an extra will that work? Thanks

If you find someone willing to give/gift you an extra ticket, then that will really be pixie dust! You are correct that the tickets are not for resale, so you cannot buy an MHP ticket from an unauthorized seller. But if there is someone who is willing to give you their ticket as a gift, that is fine. Otherwise, as I said above, go to the ticket booths early on the morning of your party date with your MHP tickets in hand. Explain the situation to the CM. Other people in the past have been able to add an extra ticket to their party when they could show that they did already have valid tickets for that night's party in hand but had an extra guest show up.

Last edited:
That is frustrating! That is the night (9/19) I just tried to get because I found out we are able to stay in the area one more night. I came on here to see if there was any hope of getting them. I'm hopeful we can check at the ticket booth the day before and/or the morning of to see if any have become available. I don't know how they would suddenly become available but I figure it won't hurt to check. I want to go so bad but we are only in town for a couple of days that week on a last minute side trip after being in San Diego.
Have you tried calling? There is sometimes availability by phone for a short time after a party sells out online.

Have you tried calling? There is sometimes availability by phone for a short time after a party sells out online.
Yes, I called a couple of times last night just to make sure. Thanks for the suggestion though! Figures, the day I find out we can be there and my husband says let's go, I find out they sold out just that morning. Just out of reach....

Fastpass distribution has changed for monsters after dark from last year. Details below.

Oh man, that's too bad! If we enter at 3 PM for our Halloween party, it looks like our chances of getting a FP for MAD (especially before we head for DL around 6 ) is very unlikely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter