Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Once we got off the boat of moans we stepped past them as they were dawdling.....and we headed up to the room to pick up my handbag and check for emails as we hadn't taken the ipad with us when we go into the park...…..we had a couple and one we had to reply to quickly......not urgent just someone needing to know a date in the future……..

Once we were ready we headed down to our favourite bar...….Strong Water Bar...…..

Tonight we were very glad to have Brittany take care of us again tonight......she really is the nicest and most genuine girl...she welcomed us back again and asked what we had been doing this trip......so we briefly filled her in but did say this place was high on our favourite places to be...…..

Tom was going to order a rum so he and Brittany chatted about it while I tried to decide which one of these cocktails I was going to have tonight...……

Tom eventually went for the Plantation Stiggins…….and I opted for the Storm Water......this one was strong!!!

i-LnL6NFf-XL.jpg

i-RGBmFs6-XL.jpg

It was very quiet again tonight......we were glad we had missed the convention last week as Fernando had told us how busy it had been and not a table was to be had while they were in...….good for business of course...…..but this was more our pace now...…..not sure how sad and pathetic that sounds...…..

This really is us now...…..

Yep, this suited us...……

i-vtHD4gR-XL.jpg

Our first dish we were having tonight was the Mexican Ceviche...….we hadn't actually tried that particular one, and after chatting to Brittany we thought, yep, we`d like that...…

Shrimp, a little Tomato, we omitted Garlic and Onion, then there was Cucumber, Lime & Lemon Juice, Jalapeno, Serrano Pepper, Cilantro, Tortilla Chips...…..now this looked so good!!!

i-CK4MJWh-XL.jpg

And it was...….it was spicy enough we enjoyed it and not too spicy so you could taste all the ingredients....it really was beautiful...….we didn't eat the tortilla chips...…..

We sat and chatted and also chatted to Brittany a good while......the place was quiet......then we heard a voice behind us......it was Maggie coming over to say hello...….she is another lady who is just lovely, and always remembers you...….she didn't know we were in and had to come over when she saw us......we have a lovely hug and a good old chat.....and again asks when we are next back......we tell her December and we`ll be sure to come and say hello...…..it was so nice to see her again...…..another hug and she is back over looking after her tables...…….the staff here are the best!!!!

We were having a good perusal of the menu, although to be honest we knew it almost by heart...…..but, Brittany came back over and we had chosen the curried chicken and our favourite Caribbean Ceviche......I also ordered a French Berry Daiquiri...…..this is a beautifully flavoured cocktail......I do love berry flavoured things...…..

i-MMjqpTs-XL.jpg

The Caribbean ceviche has a beautiful coconut cream sauce......and we both adore coconut...…Grouper, Shrimp and Scallops are the seafood in this one.....and a good dash of lime juice which we adore......this was gorgeous.....

And really to be truthful, neither of us wanted to share this one!!!

i-qx82q4p-XL.jpg

The curried chicken isn't spicy......but it is well flavoured and very tasty...….they have a few potatoes through it and that's not something I`d usually put in a curry, but it works well......and the chutney is a good addition to the dish.

I do love this cocktail...…….

i-4NNWJQC-XL.jpg

We finish our food and drink and we sit for a little while chatting to one member of the crew or another......it is such a friendly place and you can pass many hours in here......well.....we can!!!!

Eventually, we do feel a little tired, so we pay the check and thank Brittany again for taking such good care of us......we have a hug and head off up to our room.

It isn't overly late, maybe around 10.30/11ish...….so we go sit outside for a while with the last of our strawberry Snapple...…..and loads of ice...…..it is seriously hot still...….but we did enjoy sitting on the balcony......it was peaceful and we cherished our time so much here.....it was sad to think it was coming to an end soon...…..

Around midnight we finally crawled into bed...….we were shattered...….

Tomorrow was our last full day...…….where had the time gone!!!!

Confession....
I've never tried anything curried!

Raised in the Midwest where most of our meals growing up were roast chicken, roast beef and mashed potatoes, lol!

Confession....
I've never tried anything curried!

Raised in the Midwest where most of our meals growing up were roast chicken, roast beef and mashed potatoes, lol!

Lol......I know what you mean......I grew up eating very regular meat and potato type dishes, same as you really, chicken, beef and lamb, we also lived near where they would hunt deer, so we ate a lot of game. Very traditional and all home cooked from scratch.....no packet mixes or convenience foods.......

But, as I grew up I tried everything food wise.......and although I do love traditional dishes like that, I love exotic food of all kinds........with school in Paris we enjoyed things like octopus and very rare beef which I’d never had before.......and first curry I tried I think I was around 17.......loved it!!!

A really good chicken curry done correctly is absolute bliss!!!

But so is creamy mashed potato..........::yes::

Ok, I'm bad... but, not THIS bad. LOL.

Lol.......oh I know that........

It is like going out to dinner with a moody teenager with her and her husband there at times........she wants chicken tenders, he tells her to order something adult...she gets all moody and orders it anyway........fun times!!!!

We don’t go out to eat with them a lot........:laughing:

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14TH...…………..

There`s nothing quite like waking up in your favourite place, in your favourite hotel for your first full day with a long trip ahead of you......this was just the best feeling and we loved it...…..we had both slept like logs...….our bed was so comfortable and I think we may have stirred once or twice during the night but got straight back to sleep......and as is usual, around 4pm we both sprung to life as our body clocks were telling us it was 9am!!! So, tried to fall back over, which when you are wide awake is almost impossible...…..but somehow we managed it...…..

I eventually awoke while Tom still slept, so I got up and very quietly pulled the drapes back to expose the twinkling swimming pool and the start of a very bright and sunny day and it was going to be a hot one......thank goodness!!!!! One of the reasons we come to Florida is for the heat...….just one of them though...…

At that I turned to "quietly" open my ipad……..and as the silent was still on UK time, my ipad email alert went off about 8 times...….guess I had 8 emails then!!! That unfortunately woke Tom up who didn't appreciate the alarm call...…...I think he may have pulled one of his pillows over his head at this point as light was streaming in and of course my rather loud email alert...…..oops!!!

Thing is I`m usually first up, and now I was awake there was no way I was getting back to sleep......it was all of 7am. We had thought we would sleep as late as we could this morning...….well, that was 7am for me. So, I went for my shower and by the time I got out Tom had properly woke up and was quite chatty for having such a strong sleep.....first day we can sometimes be a little sluggish. But, we both felt alright this morning.

We were smiling a lot as is our norm anyway, but when we are here we are almost cult like in the fact we seem to have a permanent smiles on our faces all the time according to many people...…….sounds a little weird when I write it down...…..

So, once we were showered and dressed we headed rather strangely downstairs to breakfast...…...of course the lounge refurb was underway by the time we arrived so down we went. We had seen the temporary lounge last night, but very briefly......so we would get a good look this morning, and Tom was looking forward to scrambled eggs as he knew because they were so close to the kitchen now, they were being offered as well as pancakes that didn`t come from the little machine as they had upstairs. They were freshly prepared by the chef in Islands.

We went in and saw a couple of the staff we knew, and it did look alright set up the way it was...……Tom chose a table and I went over to the coffee area and I heard someone say ssshhh…….and as I turned I saw one of our favourite guys Samuel who is the supervisor...….he is just one of the best...….we had a big hug and it was so good to see him as we hadn't seen him in July as he was on vacation.....so we had a lot to catch up on...…..and we did......we chatted for ages and had a good old yap.

Breakfast was lovely, it was fairly quiet and we had a chance to see how the room worked and it did very well...….having no window was strange, but you can see out to the restaurant which was something......but for what they had, they did really well and you still got that Club Level feel from the staff.

We took our time as we had no plans to go to the park today as it was opening night of HHN tonight, so we planned a relaxing day and go pick up a few bits and pieces we needed for us and some gifts for others.

We didn't bother with sunscreen today as we were just going to be shopping and then have some chill time before going back out...….so we went up to our room for cash and we met the lady who has been our housekeeper for several years......it was so nice to see her......but, turns out she is leaving and this would be the last time we saw her...….she said we had a new housekeeper for our room and she was lovely (she was) and she thanked us for everything over the last few years...…..bless her she is so nice. We said our goodbyes and headed on down to get the car and head to Publix and then ABC Wines and Liquor......our newest favourite store!!!!

Boy was it hot when we stepped through those doors to the very picturesque bridge to exit the hotel........We walked to the car and then Publix is only a 10 minute drive away if that on Sand Lake Road...…..and as soon as we get out the car we feel the intense heat again...….was it usually this hot and we just forgot...….but, we thought it was just us...….so, into the store and picked up the few things we needed and back out...…..we then drove along to the ABC store we like which is almost back in LBV, we just take the back road from here. And to say this store is fun...…..it stocks everything...…..but today we were just looking at Rum...…….

i-rcRL3L2-XL.jpg

i-BJ55mwg-XL.jpg

i-7PSM6Lf-XL.jpg

Tom has enjoyed a rum in the past, but it wasn't really a big thing in our home...…..but since we discovered StrongWater Tavern in Sapphire when the hotel first opened, we are firm rum drinkers...….but, good rum...….none of the cheap stuff...….although I have to say the prices in the States for most stuff was much cheaper than we pay......especially these huge bottles that look like Fred Flintstone should own them!!! They are huge and very inexpensive by our prices back home...…….so we picked up some Appleton Estate and a gift for someone else oh and ginger beer and a bottle of squeezy lime for our favourite drink, so if we were in the room we could partake in one or two...…..we were definite fans of rum now big time......I could even say I preferred it to wine...….almost...….and wouldn't tell members of the wine clubs we belong to......I`d be flung out!!!

Purchases made we drove back home and dropped the stuff off in our room and realized it was now almost 12.30...….time for lunch...….we didn't know where the morning had gone at all...…...and that's the thing with trips....time passes so quickly.

Tom asked where I fancied eating today...….I already knew...…..I had heard of this place from someone on our last trip, and had seen it this morning when we drove into Publix parking lot...…..I told Tom it was a surprise and that I would drive again.....hmmm.....amy excuse...…..he was a little puzzled and had no idea where we were going......he did guess O` Charleys when we headed back down Turkey Lake Road...…….wrong...…….

i-JmNC6N2-XL.jpg

i-6fM8CVS-XL.jpg

It`s in the same strip mall as Publix and beside Rocco`s Tacos and First Watch...….can`t really miss it...…...and we had never gone here before......always like to try somewhere new on each trip and this looked good. The premise of this place is you can order food by the lb and it comes in a bag with whatever seasoning and heat value you want...….food in a bag sounded odd but we had heard the seafood was amazing!!! I was so looking forward to this place......and Tom when he saw where it was agreed. There are fried options and sandwiches like po boys available too.

We went in and it looked empty which worried us initially, but through the back was where everyone was and there were a lot of people already eating.....we got a booth and told the guy we had never been before after we ordered a soda for me and a beer for Tom.....of course I had agreed to drive, so a beer it was for Tom...…..he explained the menu and said we were in for a treat...…….

We decided to order 1lb of snow crab and 1lb of shrimp...….both spicy and with Juicy Cajun home seasoning...…...and a portion of Cajun fries which he warned us were hot......I told him I`d be disappointed if they weren't!!!! He smiled...I guessed I wouldn't be disappointed then...…

The seafood comes with everything on......heads, tails, shells......the lot......so if you don't like dealing with that side of seafood, this place isn't for you.....you also get a bib to wear as you can make a bit of a mess cracking shells and taking the heads off shrimp and the table is covered with easily disposed of plastic covers which do add a certain charm and a huge bucket in the middle for all the shells and such, and a big roll of kitchen paper and loads of wipes........it was nicely filled with locals and the guy himself said they didn't get a lot of tourists in here......well, we like to be different at times.

Glancing at everyone who was already eating`s food.....we were in for a treat...….the aroma and look of the food was gorgeous!!!

I had meant to tell Tom not to wear a white top...…...oops!!!

i-t8z8Q8R-XL.jpg

i-dc4BfXt-XL.jpg

The snow crab came out first...….and this was different!!! Opening a bag of seafood was something I hadn't done before...…..but the aroma emanating from this bag as it was opened was sublime!!!

Tom got to cracking the shells and we shared this fresh, sweet and oh so juicy snow crab...…..just the right amount of spice and taste......but to be honest, it would have been perfect with no seasonings as we usually have it......but, we wanted to try it like this...…...just to be a little different.

i-6mMPVth-XL.jpg

The shrimp arrived and the fries had already been delivered...…..they were spicy!!!! And deliciously fresh.....and sizzling hot.....the way fries should be served......

But, the shrimp...….oh my goodness!!! How good were they......plumpest, juiciest, tastiest and huge shrimp we had never seen here before......there must have been more than a lb in here......as we seemed to be eating forever...……..the head and tails came away so easily......they were a joy to eat. We adore shrimp.

i-4HLMbTz-XL.jpg

i-GZZK87D-XL.jpg

Our waiter checked on us to see everything was good....and it really was perfect!!! Everything had been sublime...….we almost ordered another bag of shrimp, but that would really have been too much...…..although we would have managed it!!!!

We had finished and began to clear all the paper towels and wipes as we dutifully cleaned ourselves up.....although we did go and wash our hands properly as the seasoning just got everywhere...….but it was so good!!!

It had been a unique dining experience and one we will definitely do again. We never did get back this trip and doubt we`ll make it in December as it`s not somewhere Kyle would enjoy eating in...…..but next year for sure...…...we paid our check and the manager asked us how we had enjoyed our first experience with them, fabulous we told him!!!

We headed out into what felt like walking on the sun right now!!! It was hot and we decided then it wasn't just us......this was going to be a hot month!!! Although that did make this lizard very happy!!!!

This is the restaurant from the side, it is just in a row of other places, but looks so pretty...…..

i-DMs4Npb-XL.jpg

As we went to cross the road we were aware of a wheelchair behind us hurtling towards us at great speed...…..I turned expecting to see someone who had lost control and was scared...…..instead we were met by a very aggressive beggar for want of a better word...….he was well dressed but was basically asking for money for something or other...…..we just said no and walked on. We hadn't seen that here before in this little shopping area, we had seen the guys at the four way junction of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake going between the cars to beg with their tale on a piece of cardboard…...but we headed back to the car rather quickly as you just never know. However, we didn't feel unsafe here at all in any way.

It was now around 2.30pm.....and we felt a little....not tired, just in need of a cool down......how were we going to cope with HHN tonight at this rate...….I was a little worried at the thought of it.

So, I drove us back home and we went up to our room and had a 30 minute power snooze...….although I wish now we had slept for longer...….we were going to be shattered later...…...but it was nice in the cool of the room just resting...…..and we did manage a little slice of cake each......

We headed down to Club Lounge around 4ish and had a lovely time there just chatting and catching up with the afternoon team......and did get some pictures of the temporary room...…..

i-SRLdB62-XL.jpg

i-wDXD3WH-XL.jpg

They did have some special beers that they don't usually have that were from Jake`s I believe as well as the regular offerings. …..I think Tom tried one of them at some point...….

i-ZmZL2D8-XL.jpg

We had a few glasses of wine and as I said had a good catch up with some of our favourite folks that were on...…..they`re all lovely though.

We left to go up and get changed to head to HHN...…..we were planning to use the hotel guest entrance which saves standing in the huge line outside......we had thought we might go in a bit later, but knowing how tired we might be, we decided to go in around 7ish...……

I hadn't noticed these last night...…….the little room service menu themed for the hotel...….and of course the special HHN menu which we didn't try out, mainly we were never hungry late at night...…….

i-bpsTWSP-XL.jpg

i-8vLTK8Z-XL.jpg

We always planned to have something off this menu...….maybe next time...…….

So, for now we had changed our clothes and had our lanyards on with our Rush of Fear tickets and room key handy to get in to the event...….we were so looking forward to this tonight...…..

I must take my daughter to that seafood place. I know she’s adore it. Especially the crab.
I had to go back and check my Sept dates. We left for home 9/10 and I don’t recall it being hotter than usual. Maybe it heated up some after we left because I actually thought it was cooler than some September trips lol. I am very heat tolerant though. And we were in S. Fla for 2 weeks before Orlando, so maybe I just was used to it!

All caught up!!! Now that we're back from HHN, I know what everyone's talking about as far as the houses and scare zones.

Halloween was actually my favorite, just because I'm absolutely terrified of Michael, and we got the absolute best scares in there lol! I was constantly screaming, backing into the wall, lol! I loved it!!! Probably our second fav was stranger things, it was a great house, and we love the show.

Maybe we will run into you guy next year (yes, we're already planning on going again lol)!!!

Your food descriptions and pics always have me drooling!

I must take my daughter to that seafood place. I know she’s adore it. Especially the crab.
I had to go back and check my Sept dates. We left for home 9/10 and I don’t recall it being hotter than usual. Maybe it heated up some after we left because I actually thought it was cooler than some September trips lol. I am very heat tolerant though. And we were in S. Fla for 2 weeks before Orlando, so maybe I just was used to it!

Oh my goodness everyone was saying how hot it was for the time of year when we were there......even locals were complaining ::yes:: .....it felt so much hotter than when we were there in July, and all the locals we know and staff were saying the humidity was appalling too....that was the first September we ever felt it as hot as that....and we really love heat!!! We had a heat index of 112f one day apparently.....that`s hot!!

Oh you`d love the Juicy Crawfish place...……..it was one of our favourite places this trip!! We`ll need to wait till March to go back as Kyle isn't a big seafood eater.....not like that anyway.....lol.....

All caught up!!! Now that we're back from HHN, I know what everyone's talking about as far as the houses and scare zones.

Halloween was actually my favorite, just because I'm absolutely terrified of Michael, and we got the absolute best scares in there lol! I was constantly screaming, backing into the wall, lol! I loved it!!! Probably our second fav was stranger things, it was a great house, and we love the show.

Maybe we will run into you guy next year (yes, we're already planning on going again lol)!!!

Your food descriptions and pics always have me drooling!

It is addictive isn't it!!! Oh we`ll be there for sure...…..:thumbsup2

Yes, I loved the Michael`s in the house......they were perfect timing wise and very accurate in their depiction of his little mannerisms...….Loved it!!!! The first Halloween house they did in 2014 was amazing......a little more detail than this one...very true to the original movie.....I wish they`d recreate that one again.....exactly....but yes, we did enjoy this house the most for personal scares...…

Glad you`re enjoying it still....and the food pictures!!! :wave2:

MONDAY OCTOBER 1ST..…………

Well, our final full day was here...….it always seems so far away when we arrive......it feels like forever away......but then all of a sudden it`s upon us...….not the best feeling...….but we were going to have a really relaxing last day and no parks...…..

We had done enough of the parks this trip......and the heat was still higher than usual.....so as we were feeling unusually tired relaxing last day would work for us...…..although maybe if we hadn't stayed up so late and continued to get up so early....every single day....we might not have been so tired......add on the extreme heat of this year and yep, a nap sounded good anytime of the day...…..

We took our time to get ready this morning.....we were in no rush to go anywhere except the Club Lounge for breakfast......we hadn't been in since Friday so we were looking forward to seeing it fully functioning this morning...…..

Showered and dressed we started to walk over to RP.

We always walk through the convention and ballroom areas, it`s cool all the way......you can cut across the road at one point, but we stay inside and come out at where Tchoup Chop used to be......it is a nice walk and it`s usually deserted whenever we go except during the day when conventions are on....and this morning it`s busy again..…...we stick out like sore thumbs walking through all the very dressed up people getting ready for the day……..

We still love RPR, despite having a few stays at Sapphire and always enjoy walking in to the resort here too...……

We were looking forward to the Club Lounge again...….this really is the friendliest and warmest lounge around....the staff are honestly among the nicest people there are......and really look after you. Of course I may be a little biased.....but they really are. We had been to the other lounges at the other hotels, and this one for us had it all...…..

It did look good with everything laid out...…..

i-MwcvDfs-XL.jpg

i-dkvGGcP-XL.jpg

i-QW7Fcs6-XL.jpg

i-gDFPVzN-XL.jpg

i-bwtJXL5-XL.jpg

i-WQhZhgb-XL.jpg

i-9LW6qSz-XL.jpg

i-Kt5npDz-XL.jpg

This was lovely...…..it felt even more welcoming than before and looked so modern and fresh......and of course the staff made the lounge such an amazing place...…..

We chatted away a couple of hours easy this morning, and enjoyed some toast, croissants and coffee......and we could see our suite and balcony from here too...….

i-tdnWRsV-XL.jpg

Everyone coming in seemed to enjoy seeing the new style of the lounge......I loved watching people`s reactions as they wandered round about...….and for the majority it was a popular choice....

We were just getting ready to head off when I heard a voice say "hello again" I turned round to see the lovely Larry Beiderman who is the overall manager standing with his hands outstretched...…..we were so happy to see him.

We had first met Larry a few years back when I mentioned to our friend that although we emailed back and forward a lot, we had never actually met him...….so at check out one visit he arranged for Larry to come out and meet us.....we were thrilled, I think it was 2015 or 2016.....and we joked about how we were almost pen pals now :D…...my emails when we got home after every trip had become like war and peace over the years, but he loved to read them. So meeting him back then was so lovely...….we really did think he was one of the nicest folks ever.

Over our trips since we had always run into him a few times and he is always the nicest man to chat to and another who takes immense pride in the hotels and genuine concern for guests and the folks that work there....he super impressed us from the first time we met him.

So we had a big hug and asked what we thought of the lounge and chatted about a few other things.....another hug and then he went back to the other gentleman he was with...….he was just in checking out the lounge...….and it looked good for sure...…..

We chatted a little bit longer to the supervisor this morning Samuel who we just adore too......then we headed out with no real idea of what we were going to do except maybe some shopping......oops......and me not being a real shopper either...…..:rolleyes1

Although my plan was....…..I had thought a little about this......I would do some Christmas shopping for some friends......yes, it was early, but I knew what they would love......Bath and Body being one of the stores I could get loads for them.………

But...…….the best laid plans...……..:D

upload_2018-11-14_12-8-44.jpeg

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...NPeAhWnwAIHHTMdBUMQMwhGKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8
More on the way...……..

Did they get rid of that pancake machine in the RPR club lounge? It was slow and inefficient, but still kind of fun...

Did they get rid of that pancake machine in the RPR club lounge? It was slow and inefficient, but still kind of fun...

Well, it wasn’t there when we were in that day, we left the next day so it could be back.......

Must admit wasn’t a fan of the pancakes from it.......and it sounded like the old internet dial up sound.........kids loved it though being able to do it themselves.

Our face when we got the boat back and listened to one family complain about how bad Universal is........they don't like it here, it`s not Disney (thank goodness) the food here is terrible, folks are so miserable, the hotels aren't really very child friendly and then proceeded to say they`re coming back next year!!!!!!

Bahahah...that totally would have been my face if I would have heard them complain. Comparing the two parks is like comparing apples and mangos. They each have their own positive points. I like the fact that there are not as many young families there. I've had my kids, I've had a dayhome ( daycare in my home ) for many years when my boys were growing up...I am done with young tired crying children. And don't get my started on all the scooters and strollers lol. I love Disney as well as Universal. They are both great parks and have their own points.

Loving all the food pictures!!! And what a great time you had with all the different meet ups! Can't wait to hear more

I made it, all caught up for your last day! I love reading your updates always make me chuckle! Great writing style!

The elderly man at the park, oh my how nice of you to listen. I find in my line of work, R.N. Sometimes that is the best medicine!

Even with the heat you two have had some fun outings and great adventures again!

So happy, you will have another trip report before we know it!

Oh my goodness everyone was saying how hot it was for the time of year when we were there......even locals were complaining ::yes:: .....it felt so much hotter than when we were there in July, and all the locals we know and staff were saying the humidity was appalling too....that was the first September we ever felt it as hot as that....and we really love heat!!! We had a heat index of 112f one day apparently.....that`s hot!!

Oh you`d love the Juicy Crawfish place...……..it was one of our favourite places this trip!! We`ll need to wait till March to go back as Kyle isn't a big seafood eater.....not like that anyway.....lol.....
Lol. The heat must have dialed up after we left!

Bahahah...that totally would have been my face if I would have heard them complain. Comparing the two parks is like comparing apples and mangos. They each have their own positive points. I like the fact that there are not as many young families there. I've had my kids, I've had a dayhome ( daycare in my home ) for many years when my boys were growing up...I am done with young tired crying children. And don't get my started on all the scooters and strollers lol. I love Disney as well as Universal. They are both great parks and have their own points.

Loving all the food pictures!!! And what a great time you had with all the different meet ups! Can't wait to hear more

Yep, Disney does put on a great show that's for sure...…

lol......yes......they`re very different parks and always makes me laugh when folks try to tell us on the Uni boards how much better Disney is to Universal...….great!!!! Go back to Disney.....lol......no one will miss you.....and the family on the boat were especially loud with their opinion.....I think they wanted a reaction.....lol....

We have always been lucky with folks we have met up with and the ones we have kept in touch with and still meet have become such good friends......every one of them. It was lovely meeting up with folks this trip...…

Not long to go now......almost finished...….finally!!!!! :D

Glad you`re still reading along and enjoying...….:wave2:

I made it, all caught up for your last day! I love reading your updates always make me chuckle! Great writing style!

The elderly man at the park, oh my how nice of you to listen. I find in my line of work, R.N. Sometimes that is the best medicine!

Even with the heat you two have had some fun outings and great adventures again!

So happy, you will have another trip report before we know it!

I do a little volunteering in both the children`s nursery in our village and also now and again the Old People`s home in the next town to us......and yes, talking is the nicest thing you can do with them.....it`s very rewarding. But, the man in the park was a gem.....and you could see the sparkle still and obviously enjoyed teasing his daughter.....lol...…

Oh, yes, we pushed on some days despite the heat......but I have that lizard reputation to live up to.....lol.....can`t hide from the heat...…

Yes, this one should be finished soon......two weeks today till we fly out, so very excited over here......and to have Kyle come with us is the icing on the cake...….I know you`ll understand that as your trips with Andi are so precious...…..

I`m so glad you`re enjoying it though......:wave2:

Lol. The heat must have dialed up after we left!

I think it did!!!!

It might have sounded like we were complaining.....we really weren't.....as we do love the heat.....so we did try to make the most of it...…

Hoping for sunshine in December.....and maybe high to mid 80`s like last year...….well, we can hope...::yes::

I had a list of things that certain folks had asked me to bring back as usual......we now don't ask folks what they want as so many ask for so much, and we can`t bring everything they would like...….but for a few select friends we still do...….and of course I like to stock up for Christmas gifts too...…..and places like Bath and Body are perfect...…

But first we head to Wal Mart for things like Pepperidge farm cookies for Kyle who loves them.....and a few other items......I had seem some little cami tops that go great under shirts and such and at just $3 each I`d buy at least 10 of them....didn't matter if they fell to bits...….Walmart was busy as usual. But, we do like this one on Turkey Lake Road…...it`s so handy and is large enough it never to feel mobbed...…

We love wandering around the produce department......so many things are so much larger than we get....like tomatoes and onions...….I do miss onions!!! But everything always look good in grocery stores over there.....

So purchases made, we head back out and of course snap a picture of the car again...….we must have missed one day!!!!!

It was my turn to drive again today......we just loved this car...….although we do have an incredibly powerful car at home as we do love cars, this was just fun...….so negotiations were a must when deciding who was driving...….and there was a lot of negotiations with this one!!

i-LQzRCd6-XL.jpg

It was really too hot today to stand outside and take pictures of the Mall at Millenia......we parked up and got in as quick as we could as we had no sunscreen on today...…..and the sun at this point was just blazing down......although it was lovely as we did point out often...…..

Tiffany had a promotional stand in the centre of the Mall today......they were basically promoting a new type of diamond.....and when we spoke to the salesman they had attending the stand he was quite persuasive in us going to visit the store......but we decided against it.....just in case we saw something we liked...….lol...…we would visit next year, I know Kyle won`t be interested in us going in during our December stay.....and I have already chosen my main Christmas present this year......so maybe next year, although as I`ve said before, I`m not the biggest jewellery wearer.....I tend to wear the same pieces all the time...….as they have tremendous sentimental value.

i-vv3gTPj-XL.jpg

i-cKFsVF3-XL.jpg

We wander down to Macy and have a look around there and pick up a perfume......although that is harder than it sounds...…..

Once upon a time when you went in there you were pounced upon by a dozen sales ladies......now we had to go searching for someone to make out purchase...….and when we did she wasn't overly keen....till I said oh it doesn't matter I`ll go elsewhere, as by then I had decided I didn't want to give her the sale so I told her no I wouldn't bother...….I can be funny like that with people who give off an attitude...…....….she sighed, rolled her eyes and said oh give me a minute and I`ll be there....by then we were gone and heading towards Bloomingdales...…..they were happy, more than happy to take our money!!!!

After Bloomingdale`s, Williams and Sonoma, Montblanc for a look at pens and then Godiva......we just looked in there today...…..we headed up to Bath and Body on the upper floor...…

I do love this store...…..and have an inordinate amount of items from there in my overflowing cabinet in the closets full of niceties like body butters and all sorts of other stuff, all beautifully scented...…..

i-LbJQH2z-XL.jpg

Tom had the basket and I just swept along the shelves like a locust pulling stuff off the shelves and placing them in the basket...….they have so many products I adore and all my friends adored too...….

i-WMWhwjr-XL.jpg

Tom is the most patient shopper in the world...….I really don't spend hours shopping....couldn't imagine anything worse to be honest......but there was so much choice and I had a lot to buy......but even I could see him patiently thinking....you`ve already got them......them too.....ok.....I was done...….

We go back to the till and there`s no one there......but she comes out and as I step forward another lady jumps in front of me......eh, no lady there`s a line......if she had asked me if she could go in front I`d have let her, but nope, not like that......so I very loudly told her there was a line and I was first...….she then said something that very few people had ever said to me...….she looked at me and uttered the words......Oh I didn't see you standing there...….:rotfl:

Yep, nice try lady...…..I did go first.....usually I wouldn't but she was pushy......Tom said later she had stood behind us for a second them moved in from the left to race to the front......not today!!! :thumbsup2

Once we had paid for our many purchases we headed out to the car and loaded them in the trunk and by now it was lunchtime...…...and we were feeling a little hungry by now...…..

We got in the car turned the engine on and sat for a second while we decided where to go for lunch.....as we were chatting someone who had seen us get in the car honked her horn wondering why we weren't moving......lol...….I was sorely tempted to get back out and go in the Mall......but we gestured to her we would be a second.....she honked her horn again......the mall car park was mobbed at this point.....as I was about to reverse she honked again.....Tom was fizzing at this point at her impatience.....despite it being a good space....it wasn't worth her stress surely...…..

So the way the other cars beside me were parked, I had to reverse out into her......so she went back a bit despite looking annoyed at having to do so......as I reversed out another car came swooping down and took the space......I seemed to have reversed far enough back so she could do that...…..:rolleyes1

As I drove off I looked in the mirror and saw the first woman had got out of the car I assume to tell swooping woman that space was hers...…...we were off out of it...….

So, as we drove, we decided to go back to Beth`s Burgers on Universal Blvd...….the down side of this road was it reminded us we would be on it tomorrow heading for the airport to go home......we didn't like this road when we were driving this way...……the other way we loved of course......

But, this place had impressed us...….we were looking forward to going back again.....burgers were good...

We went in and it was the same girl who served us last week...….she remembered us as being in before and knew it was recently.…..again, she said they don't get a hug amount of tourists....especially Scottish tourists...….

We opted for the double burger today...….Tom chose and egg, bacon swiss cheese and lettuce with tomato and added some raw onion as he misses it too...........I opted for lettuce tomato jalapenos and spicy bbq sauce......we both got soda`s and went to sit down...…..

It was a little quieter today when we went in but filled up very quickly.....this really was a popular place apparently...…..

i-t9ZbnpS-XL.jpg

i-jCZdfkQ-XL.jpg

The food arrived fairly quickly.....and it looked delicious...….although Tom had so many toppings you could barely see his burgers!!

Just before we started eating the lovely young lady who had served us appeared with a little side pot of more jalapenos...…..she had remembered us chatting about me loving them......now that was sweet!!!! And incredibly thoughtful……….

i-wcGRgmD-XL.jpg

i-DkLKb3n-XL.jpg

The food was gorgeous...….the bun was one of those sweet ones and I couldn't resist eating some of the bun again......everything was beautiful......and we decided that actually one beef patty was more than enough...….two was incredibly filling and we couldn't finish it all today...……and the fries were delicious....really delicious.

But, the food is so inexpensive......you really felt you were getting great value for money here!!!

We finished our soda`s and headed out thanking her again for the little extra touch......I was glad we had tipped well when we paid. The staff in here are incredibly nice......it was a place we would venture to again on another trip.

I drove off again back home and gave the car to the valet guys.....then headed up to our room with our arms laden with goodies.…..none of us mentioning how on earth were we going to fit all this in two suitcases......even with the extra weight we had with being Premium!!!!

And we would soon find out...….as we planned to do most of our packing this afternoon.....

More to come of today....……

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter