Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

That cake looks A-MAZ-ING. I love RPR - even seeing pictures makes me happy. I can relate to not feeling like taking lots of pics - I'm always torn between wanting to capture everything and wanting to just lose myself in being there. I usually manage a nice balance.

Oops - not sure what button I pushed!!! Yes - BMW and Audi. My husband and I had a good laugh!!

Lol.......oops!!! Funny thing is we love good cars in general.......one of my best friends drives Audi’s and always has done, never known her drive anything else......I always get out her car complaining my back hurts.....she tells me I’m imagining it.......lol......

I had trouble yesterday with quotes too......I know a few months back I couldn’t multi quote.......

That cake looks A-MAZ-ING. I love RPR - even seeing pictures makes me happy. I can relate to not feeling like taking lots of pics - I'm always torn between wanting to capture everything and wanting to just lose myself in being there. I usually manage a nice balance.

It was lush!!! I’m not a huge cake eater in general, much prefer savoury, but it was lovely......

We were so tired. Usually we are happy to take lots of pictures as we have so much time but we just wanted to sleep.......I think this trip we probably took less pictures than usual......it was so hot at times, last thing we wanted to do was stop and take pictures......we just aimed for the aircon buildings a lot.....:D

Happy belated birthday! What a fun surprise.

Thank you Andrea!

It was an unusual birthday with spending the day flying, so I had my cards and presents before we left as Kyle wanted to see me open his gifts and card for me, so I just opened them all.......it was nice.......and yes, that was a lovely surprise........:)

she wanted to add on another $1,200 for the upgrade......we did laugh at that. It just goes to show how they really chance their luck with upgrade costs......we eventually agreed to pay another $500????

Jeez, that just goes to show you you should NEVER pay what they first ask for…a $700 difference?? Crazy!

The car was ready and waiting for us as we stepped in to the stifling parking garage.

I want to see this fancy car!

….and we see this....

i-wR9fGSB-XL.jpg

i-w8kM67g-XL.jpg

i-FwZqXQz-XL.jpg

i-9DZBfpb-XL.jpg

OMG, Happy Belated Birthday! What an AMAZING surprise!

I had just pressed send when he appeared at our back!!!!

Your powers must be as strong as Harry Potter's…you conjured him just by pressing send!

But, as always, I kept the drapes open a little so I could see Dr Doom shine purple in the distance as I fell asleep. We didn't even say goodnight to each other.

Welcome home :hug:

Great ending to your first day, and great start to your trip :-)

Jeez, that just goes to show you you should NEVER pay what they first ask for…a $700 difference?? Crazy!

I want to see this fancy car!

OMG, Happy Belated Birthday! What an AMAZING surprise!

Your powers must be as strong as Harry Potter's…you conjured him just by pressing send!

Great ending to your first day, and great start to your trip :-)

Thanks......it was lovely!!

Yep, it was ridiculous...….it`s not the fanciest looking car to be honest, it`s the Levante which isn't a sports car......but the engine power for a rental car is fabulous!!!! It was just fun!!! Although there is a story further along...………:rolleyes1

I’m here - reading along! Glad to hear you were reunited with the Maserati! :-D

:welcome: back Zosha……..nice to see you...……

Hope you enjoy this one too......and yep, it was nice to get that car again...….:wave2:

So excited to read more!!! :bday: Happy Belated Birthday - what a nice surprise! Cannot wait to see what's next :worship: I just love your trip reports!!!

Surely not, I know you're both law abiding people who would never speed. well, Tom anyways ;)

:welcome: Bethany......lovely to see you post again...…..

lol...….me...... speed????? Never...…….:rolleyes1

Have to say those open roads are so darn tempting at times!!!! ::yes::

So excited to read more!!! :bday: Happy Belated Birthday - what a nice surprise! Cannot wait to see what's next :worship: I just love your trip reports!!!

Thanks Cyndi...…..it was a nice birthday albeit, a little different.....

Going to try and get this one done soon.....but best laid plans...…..

It`s end of October you are going down isn't it?? Bet you`re so excited for trip to be here!!!

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14TH...…………..

There`s nothing quite like waking up in your favourite place, in your favourite hotel for your first full day with a long trip ahead of you......this was just the best feeling and we loved it...…..we had both slept like logs...….our bed was so comfortable and I think we may have stirred once or twice during the night but got straight back to sleep......and as is usual, around 4pm we both sprung to life as our body clocks were telling us it was 9am!!! So, tried to fall back over, which when you are wide awake is almost impossible...…..but somehow we managed it...…..

I eventually awoke while Tom still slept, so I got up and very quietly pulled the drapes back to expose the twinkling swimming pool and the start of a very bright and sunny day and it was going to be a hot one......thank goodness!!!!! One of the reasons we come to Florida is for the heat...….just one of them though...…

At that I turned to "quietly" open my ipad……..and as the silent was still on UK time, my ipad email alert went off about 8 times...….guess I had 8 emails then!!! That unfortunately woke Tom up who didn't appreciate the alarm call...…...I think he may have pulled one of his pillows over his head at this point as light was streaming in and of course my rather loud email alert...…..oops!!!

Thing is I`m usually first up, and now I was awake there was no way I was getting back to sleep......it was all of 7am. We had thought we would sleep as late as we could this morning...….well, that was 7am for me. So, I went for my shower and by the time I got out Tom had properly woke up and was quite chatty for having such a strong sleep.....first day we can sometimes be a little sluggish. But, we both felt alright this morning.

We were smiling a lot as is our norm anyway, but when we are here we are almost cult like in the fact we seem to have a permanent smiles on our faces all the time according to many people...…….sounds a little weird when I write it down...…..

So, once we were showered and dressed we headed rather strangely downstairs to breakfast...…...of course the lounge refurb was underway by the time we arrived so down we went. We had seen the temporary lounge last night, but very briefly......so we would get a good look this morning, and Tom was looking forward to scrambled eggs as he knew because they were so close to the kitchen now, they were being offered as well as pancakes that didn`t come from the little machine as they had upstairs. They were freshly prepared by the chef in Islands.

We went in and saw a couple of the staff we knew, and it did look alright set up the way it was...……Tom chose a table and I went over to the coffee area and I heard someone say ssshhh…….and as I turned I saw one of our favourite guys Samuel who is the supervisor...….he is just one of the best...….we had a big hug and it was so good to see him as we hadn't seen him in July as he was on vacation.....so we had a lot to catch up on...…..and we did......we chatted for ages and had a good old yap.

Breakfast was lovely, it was fairly quiet and we had a chance to see how the room worked and it did very well...….having no window was strange, but you can see out to the restaurant which was something......but for what they had, they did really well and you still got that Club Level feel from the staff.

We took our time as we had no plans to go to the park today as it was opening night of HHN tonight, so we planned a relaxing day and go pick up a few bits and pieces we needed for us and some gifts for others.

We didn't bother with sunscreen today as we were just going to be shopping and then have some chill time before going back out...….so we went up to our room for cash and we met the lady who has been our housekeeper for several years......it was so nice to see her......but, turns out she is leaving and this would be the last time we saw her...….she said we had a new housekeeper for our room and she was lovely (she was) and she thanked us for everything over the last few years...…..bless her she is so nice. We said our goodbyes and headed on down to get the car and head to Publix and then ABC Wines and Liquor......our newest favourite store!!!!

Boy was it hot when we stepped through those doors to the very picturesque bridge to exit the hotel........We walked to the car and then Publix is only a 10 minute drive away if that on Sand Lake Road...…..and as soon as we get out the car we feel the intense heat again...….was it usually this hot and we just forgot...….but, we thought it was just us...….so, into the store and picked up the few things we needed and back out...…..we then drove along to the ABC store we like which is almost back in LBV, we just take the back road from here. And to say this store is fun...…..it stocks everything...…..but today we were just looking at Rum...…….

i-rcRL3L2-XL.jpg

i-BJ55mwg-XL.jpg

i-7PSM6Lf-XL.jpg

Tom has enjoyed a rum in the past, but it wasn't really a big thing in our home...…..but since we discovered StrongWater Tavern in Sapphire when the hotel first opened, we are firm rum drinkers...….but, good rum...….none of the cheap stuff...….although I have to say the prices in the States for most stuff was much cheaper than we pay......especially these huge bottles that look like Fred Flintstone should own them!!! They are huge and very inexpensive by our prices back home...…….so we picked up some Appleton Estate and a gift for someone else oh and ginger beer and a bottle of squeezy lime for our favourite drink, so if we were in the room we could partake in one or two...…..we were definite fans of rum now big time......I could even say I preferred it to wine...….almost...….and wouldn't tell members of the wine clubs we belong to......I`d be flung out!!!

Purchases made we drove back home and dropped the stuff off in our room and realized it was now almost 12.30...….time for lunch...….we didn't know where the morning had gone at all...…...and that's the thing with trips....time passes so quickly.

Tom asked where I fancied eating today...….I already knew...…..I had heard of this place from someone on our last trip, and had seen it this morning when we drove into Publix parking lot...…..I told Tom it was a surprise and that I would drive again.....hmmm.....amy excuse...…..he was a little puzzled and had no idea where we were going......he did guess O` Charleys when we headed back down Turkey Lake Road...…….wrong...…….

i-JmNC6N2-XL.jpg

i-6fM8CVS-XL.jpg

It`s in the same strip mall as Publix and beside Rocco`s Tacos and First Watch...….can`t really miss it...…...and we had never gone here before......always like to try somewhere new on each trip and this looked good. The premise of this place is you can order food by the lb and it comes in a bag with whatever seasoning and heat value you want...….food in a bag sounded odd but we had heard the seafood was amazing!!! I was so looking forward to this place......and Tom when he saw where it was agreed. There are fried options and sandwiches like po boys available too.

We went in and it looked empty which worried us initially, but through the back was where everyone was and there were a lot of people already eating.....we got a booth and told the guy we had never been before after we ordered a soda for me and a beer for Tom.....of course I had agreed to drive, so a beer it was for Tom...…..he explained the menu and said we were in for a treat...…….

We decided to order 1lb of snow crab and 1lb of shrimp...….both spicy and with Juicy Cajun home seasoning...…...and a portion of Cajun fries which he warned us were hot......I told him I`d be disappointed if they weren't!!!! He smiled...I guessed I wouldn't be disappointed then...…

The seafood comes with everything on......heads, tails, shells......the lot......so if you don't like dealing with that side of seafood, this place isn't for you.....you also get a bib to wear as you can make a bit of a mess cracking shells and taking the heads off shrimp and the table is covered with easily disposed of plastic covers which do add a certain charm and a huge bucket in the middle for all the shells and such, and a big roll of kitchen paper and loads of wipes........it was nicely filled with locals and the guy himself said they didn't get a lot of tourists in here......well, we like to be different at times.

Glancing at everyone who was already eating`s food.....we were in for a treat...….the aroma and look of the food was gorgeous!!!

I had meant to tell Tom not to wear a white top...…...oops!!!

i-t8z8Q8R-XL.jpg

i-dc4BfXt-XL.jpg

The snow crab came out first...….and this was different!!! Opening a bag of seafood was something I hadn't done before...…..but the aroma emanating from this bag as it was opened was sublime!!!

Tom got to cracking the shells and we shared this fresh, sweet and oh so juicy snow crab...…..just the right amount of spice and taste......but to be honest, it would have been perfect with no seasonings as we usually have it......but, we wanted to try it like this...…...just to be a little different.

i-6mMPVth-XL.jpg

The shrimp arrived and the fries had already been delivered...…..they were spicy!!!! And deliciously fresh.....and sizzling hot.....the way fries should be served......

But, the shrimp...….oh my goodness!!! How good were they......plumpest, juiciest, tastiest and huge shrimp we had never seen here before......there must have been more than a lb in here......as we seemed to be eating forever...……..the head and tails came away so easily......they were a joy to eat. We adore shrimp.

i-4HLMbTz-XL.jpg

i-GZZK87D-XL.jpg

Our waiter checked on us to see everything was good....and it really was perfect!!! Everything had been sublime...….we almost ordered another bag of shrimp, but that would really have been too much...…..although we would have managed it!!!!

We had finished and began to clear all the paper towels and wipes as we dutifully cleaned ourselves up.....although we did go and wash our hands properly as the seasoning just got everywhere...….but it was so good!!!

It had been a unique dining experience and one we will definitely do again. We never did get back this trip and doubt we`ll make it in December as it`s not somewhere Kyle would enjoy eating in...…..but next year for sure...…...we paid our check and the manager asked us how we had enjoyed our first experience with them, fabulous we told him!!!

We headed out into what felt like walking on the sun right now!!! It was hot and we decided then it wasn't just us......this was going to be a hot month!!! Although that did make this lizard very happy!!!!

This is the restaurant from the side, it is just in a row of other places, but looks so pretty...…..

i-DMs4Npb-XL.jpg

As we went to cross the road we were aware of a wheelchair behind us hurtling towards us at great speed...…..I turned expecting to see someone who had lost control and was scared...…..instead we were met by a very aggressive beggar for want of a better word...….he was well dressed but was basically asking for money for something or other...…..we just said no and walked on. We hadn't seen that here before in this little shopping area, we had seen the guys at the four way junction of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake going between the cars to beg with their tale on a piece of cardboard…...but we headed back to the car rather quickly as you just never know. However, we didn't feel unsafe here at all in any way.

It was now around 2.30pm.....and we felt a little....not tired, just in need of a cool down......how were we going to cope with HHN tonight at this rate...….I was a little worried at the thought of it.

So, I drove us back home and we went up to our room and had a 30 minute power snooze...….although I wish now we had slept for longer...….we were going to be shattered later...…...but it was nice in the cool of the room just resting...…..and we did manage a little slice of cake each......

We headed down to Club Lounge around 4ish and had a lovely time there just chatting and catching up with the afternoon team......and did get some pictures of the temporary room...…..

i-SRLdB62-XL.jpg

i-wDXD3WH-XL.jpg

They did have some special beers that they don't usually have that were from Jake`s I believe as well as the regular offerings. …..I think Tom tried one of them at some point...….

i-ZmZL2D8-XL.jpg

We had a few glasses of wine and as I said had a good catch up with some of our favourite folks that were on...…..they`re all lovely though.

We left to go up and get changed to head to HHN...…..we were planning to use the hotel guest entrance which saves standing in the huge line outside......we had thought we might go in a bit later, but knowing how tired we might be, we decided to go in around 7ish...……

I hadn't noticed these last night...…….the little room service menu themed for the hotel...….and of course the special HHN menu which we didn't try out, mainly we were never hungry late at night...…….

i-bpsTWSP-XL.jpg

i-8vLTK8Z-XL.jpg

We always planned to have something off this menu...….maybe next time...…….

So, for now we had changed our clothes and had our lanyards on with our Rush of Fear tickets and room key handy to get in to the event...….we were so looking forward to this tonight...…..

So excited to read another report on the adventures of Carole and Tom! I love that cake. Purple is my color too!!

Aww thanks...….And another purple fan!!!! Yay...…..love it!!! Oh the Cake was so good!!!

Glad to be starting this one properly now...….and sincerely hope you enjoy it too...…..:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter