MGM Character Meal Update Thread

I am not only hoping that it will happen soon, I also hope that when it does I can get a ressie. Most morning I am gone, so I hope that by the time I would know to call there would still be a chance. And I thought getting into cindy's was the hardest thing to do.

I'm not too worried about getting in, to be honest. When you're on the DIS you learn a LOT faster than the general public about things going on (even before a lot of CMs)! Think how many people don't know about ADR's, or that they can be made 180 days in advance, etc. How many people will be setting their alarms to get up early to call for CRT princess: at the 90 day mark (and will it already be sold out?!) Those who just purchase a guidebook won't have any info about this character breakfast, and will arrive at MGM totoally oblivious to their lost opportunity.

So as long as you DISers leave me an ADR for 6 people anytime on June 21, I think everything will be fine!

skent10 said:
I'm not too worried about getting in, to be honest. When you're on the DIS you learn a LOT faster than the general public about things going on (even before a lot of CMs)! Think how many people don't know about ADR's, or that they can be made 180 days in advance, etc. How many people will be setting their alarms to get up early to call for CRT princess: at the 90 day mark (and will it already be sold out?!) Those who just purchase a guidebook won't have any info about this character breakfast, and will arrive at MGM totoally oblivious to their lost opportunity.

So as long as you DISers leave me an ADR for 6 people anytime on June 21, I think everything will be fine!

I agree that a lot of people may not know about it.

I am surprised when I call dining and some of the CM honestly have no idea what I am talking about when I inquire about a character lunch at H & V. I did however speak to a wonderful lady yesterday from guest services and she told me that she looks for it to begin in Apr although no "official word" is out. I have 3 boys who would all LOVE THIS....... I guess the anticipation gives me something to look forward too. Keeping my fingers crossed :rolleyes1

Mermaid4me :cloud9:

ASMO April 2006
CR 2005
ASMO 1999
Offsite 1966
CR 1979

Frozone is a great idea. I also promise to embarrass my family by yelling "WHERE IS MY SUPERSUIT, WOMAN?"

No luck for me today!
I called in at EXACTLY 7 AM EST to get the ADRs for our August trip and the CM said there is still no booking info for the new H&V meal.
But I got all the ADRs I wanted other than that! :banana:

"Breakfast and Beyond" will feature characters from Toy story.

They just opened 12 FT positions for servers. They will fill these positions the second week in March. I would assume a week of training and then they will do soft openings to the public.

Thats all I know.

OrlandoMike said:

They just opened 12 FT positions for servers. They will fill these positions the second week in March. I would assume a week of training and then they will do soft openings to the public.

Thats all I know.

Thanks for the info! That probably puts the start date at the rumored 3/25. My guess is that ADR's won't open until the end of this month. I'll keep checking each day though!

It sounds like they are going to open this maybe the last part of March, that would still be in time for our June trip so that is fine by me. Just can't wait until they open up the adr's.

I think it is wise NOT to accept ADRs if they haven't hired the staff yet!! 12 full time servers is significant. If I was the person responsible for the success of this meal I would definitely want to have all of my bases covered before I opened up reservations. If they can't find the staff they need then they can delay the start date of the meal, but not if they are already booked solid with ADRs! I am eager to be able to make ADRs too, but I want them to have the details in place first.

None of us want to attend a meal where our drinks are never refilled, our plates aren't cleared, and our check takes forever. Servers are a very important part of this equation! :)

Just called this a.m.,CM completely denied knowing anything about it, said she had no knowledge of any plans of character dining at MGM. . .grrr : (

I've just got off the phone to Disney Dining making the rest of our ADRs. I asked about the Toy Story meal and she confirmed it will be happening but doesn't know when. She also said not to believe anyhing on the web apart from Disney's official site. A lady had asked her about being able to book from end of February and told her it's highly unlikely as the meal hasn't been offered to CM's yet to try out. When I asked Dining if it will be available in August she said very likely.

I reckon this character meal will be harder to get than CRT when everyone knows about it.

Caron

OrlandoMike said:

Thats all I know.

Thanks for the heads up!!! :)

barrysprot36 said:
I reckon this character meal will be harder to get than CRT when everyone knows about it.

Caron

I think at first it will be, but the seating at CRT is what made it so hard to get. It is very limited for seating. H&V has more seats. Now with the price increase I don't think it's too hard to obtain. I'm sure this will be extremely poplular!! I'll use the same rules for CRT once it can be booked!

This will be fun, but I'm not saying anything to my family until I know I have it booked and in the bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter