May Exercise Challenge- 38,344 minutes!!!

I am in for 1600 again.

It is going to be a little harder this month, but I am going to try.:goodvibes

Thanks!

0/2000

Here's my last hurrah before I leave for WDW tomorrow - woo-hoo!!!

May 1 - 29 mins, run; 75 mins, house/yardwork; 32 mins, power walk with pup
May 2 - 58 mins, power walk

194/2000

Thank you again, Cam, for compiling all of this.

Mickey, here I come!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

I crapped out at the end of March and totally missed April- but I am IN for May!

Count me in for 600 minutes this time around. I do have a question though- if I need to bump it up, can I? I might hit that sooner than I think, so I just want to be realistic :)

As of today, I have 35/600 minutes!

Hi everyone!! This is perfect, I am really needing this motivation. I'm Lynda and you can put me down for 1100 please.

Looking forward to this!! ;)
Thanks

Glad you are all here! :welcome:

I think I have the list updated to here. Let me know if I missed you!

debbieandroo- have fun!! :yay:

I am so jealous! Obviously, you live somewhere warm enough to do that. LOL! It is cool and raining here today. Blech!
Great job!

I had to laugh at this. We live in South Texas. :sunny:

Today was C25K W1D2. Feeling great so far. My DH showed me a great trail not just down the street from our complex. It has some small hills that are not to changing.

I'm at 75/1000

Good luck on your competition! I have two friends who have recently won biggest loser competitions. One got cash ($10 per participant) and an entire year of health insurance premiums paid. I'd love to hear more about the one you are in.

Ours is fairly small in comparison, but we have these somewhat regularly. It's 14 weeks long (13 for me - I'm going away for that last week) and we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. I'm not sure about 1st and 2nd, but I believe 3rd prize is $175. It goes by percentage instead of weight and if you're looking to lose under a certain number of pounds there's a separate category to keep it fair. We have weekly competitions (like wii fit or something) for small prizes as well as giving out prizes for the person that lost the most weight each week. Obviously we weigh in weekly. It's actually a lot of fun and the accountability keeps you motivated. This monthly minute challenge is helping a lot too! :banana:

This week and next I'm *really* trying to be good! So far I've been sneaking in at least 10 minutes of exercise every time I want to eat junk food. If it tells you anything, I'm up to:
228/2500

And it's only day 2! :rolleyes1

2.6 mile run in 33 minutes today.

So total for two days 88/1600

Ted

Another 3-mile walk today and a short Biggest Loser DVD workout for 70 more minutes.

120/1200 - YAY 10% already :cool1:

- Laura

108/1000

May 2 - 48 minutes Bob Harper Totally Ripped Core
10 minutes twister stepper
12 minutes strength training

Well I meant to walk 2 miles last night but they were using track :worried: But I did run up and down the stairs for a few minutes!

12/1100

At least it's a start!! haha!!
--Lynda

Just said good-bye to our oldest son who is moving to Ft Myers Florida today. DH & he are driving down now. Sooooo, went to the gym to work out my sadness. Did 40 minutes wt machines and 45 minutes cardio.

145/1200

Just said good-bye to our oldest son who is moving to Ft Myers Florida today. DH & he are driving down now. Sooooo, went to the gym to work out my sadness. Did 40 minutes wt machines and 45 minutes cardio.

145/1200

Aww :hug: Is he moving there for work or what? Sounds like you got a good workout in, and much better to work off that sad than eating it like I always seem to do!

Day 3 of the 30DS. Woke up this morning, hopped on the scale and am happy to say it flashed -1.1 at me for the second time in a row! That's 2.2lbs for 2 days with Jillian. :thumbsup2 Got a good feeling about May. This time it's for real!

New total:

150/1400

:cool1:

145/1200

Aww, sorry to hear you had a sad morning. :hug: Good for you for working out to get through it. The endorphins should help.

I had to laugh at this. We live in South Texas. :sunny:

Today was C25K W1D2. Feeling great so far. My DH showed me a great trail not just down the street from our complex. It has some small hills that are not to changing.

I'm at 75/1000

Ah, so that means in another month or so, I won't be envying your inevitable heat wave. ;) Great job on the minutes!

05/02 - 35 minutes on treadmill :cool1:

May total: 70/600

:thumbsup2

100/1200 did the elliptical tonight

and baked 101 deer shaped gingerbread cookies!

145/1200 45 min. 3 mile WATP!!!!

Have a great Thursday!

I'm curious. Why all the cookies? And deer shaped? Gingerbread? C'mon, spill!
Great job on the workouts, BTW! :thumbsup2

Ours is fairly small in comparison, but we have these somewhat regularly. It's 14 weeks long (13 for me - I'm going away for that last week) and we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. I'm not sure about 1st and 2nd, but I believe 3rd prize is $175. It goes by percentage instead of weight and if you're looking to lose under a certain number of pounds there's a separate category to keep it fair. We have weekly competitions (like wii fit or something) for small prizes as well as giving out prizes for the person that lost the most weight each week. Obviously we weigh in weekly. It's actually a lot of fun and the accountability keeps you motivated. This monthly minute challenge is helping a lot too! :banana:

This week and next I'm *really* trying to be good! So far I've been sneaking in at least 10 minutes of exercise every time I want to eat junk food. If it tells you anything, I'm up to:
228/2500

And it's only day 2! :rolleyes1

It sounds like the contest is well thought out. I am glad that it provides a fair opportunity for everyone. And $175 for third place is very nice. Kudos to you on that awesome behavior modification. I really wish I could be that disciplined. You are inspiring! :goodvibes

2.6 mile run in 33 minutes today.

So total for two days 88/1600

Ted

Wow! You are fast! :cool1: Do you have a race on your calendar? DH and I will be at the Pittsburgh marathon this weekend; he'll run it. I am hoping to walk a lot of the course and get in many exercise minutes.

Another 3-mile walk today and a short Biggest Loser DVD workout for 70 more minutes.

120/1200 - YAY 10% already :cool1:

- Laura

Great job!! You are a bit ahead of target already since we aren't ten percent of the way through the month yet. ::yes::

108/1000

May 2 - 48 minutes Bob Harper Totally Ripped Core
10 minutes twister stepper
12 minutes strength training

Great job!! How is that Bob Harper DVD? Have I mentioned that I could just watch those DVDs for entertainment since I like his voice, his attitude and his total eye-candyness. :rotfl:

Well I meant to walk 2 miles last night but they were using track :worried: But I did run up and down the stairs for a few minutes!

12/1100

At least it's a start!! haha!!
--Lynda

:thumbsup2

145/1200

I'm sorry. How far away is that for you? When will you see him next?

Day 3 of the 30DS. Woke up this morning, hopped on the scale and am happy to say it flashed -1.1 at me for the second time in a row! That's 2.2lbs for 2 days with Jillian. :thumbsup2 Got a good feeling about May. This time it's for real!

New total:

150/1400

:cool1:

Wow! Those are some awesome results!! I know you are literally working your butt off. I am glad the scale is showing the results of your efforts! You must be on :cloud9:

--------------------------------
Howard was going to a 6:00 muscle pump class this morning at the Y so I got up at 5:15 and tagged along. I just did 60 minutes on the bike, since my knee is aching a bit. Ironically, I think it's because I didn't get to my deepwater aerobics class either night this week. My knee seems so much stronger after those workouts.

So, I am at 120/1400. And I can't help but think that if I'd kept my goal at 1200, I'd be at 10% by now. LOL!

Oh, and I signed up for my personal training sessions this morning. There just happens to be an incentive this month where if you pay for 6 hours, you get 7. Now, I am just awaiting the medical clearance from my orthopedic surgeon before I can schedule the sessions. I really wanted to start next week, so I am hoping everything will fall into place pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter