May Exercise Challenge- 38,344 minutes!!!

I'm in for 1200 again. Hope to get close! It will be difficult with losing morning use of the elliptical next week when my parents arrive. Hope it's a bit warmer outside in the mornings!

TTFN :tigger:

I'm in again! I'll say 1700 again, but since I haven't made it the last 2 months, that may be wishful thinking. Ah well. DS2 has to be at school at 6:30 AM for choir rehearsal, so I think I'll start my day off with a short walk before I have to go to work. Since I am subbing I will miss my usual long walk.

Happy Moving, Everyone!!

I'm definitely in this month! I actually saw progress last month for the first time ever. You guys are good motivation.
In 20 days last month I managed 730 minutes which averages out to 36.5 minutes per day. I want to push myself a little more this month, start to see some real results so I'm going to aim for 45 minutes a day avg. which, with rounding up a little, means my goal is...

What a great group we have taking shape here (figuratively, but hopefully, literally, too!)

Looking forward to sharing the challenge with all of you! And hoping more will join us.

I'm Shelley :wave:

And of course, as a newbie, I have a question already. :laughing: Do we count everything as exercise (as in yardwork, etc.) or only dedicated exercise (ie: weight training, treadmill, etc.)? If we count everything, then I set my goal really low!

Hi Everyone! I'm going to try again for 800 minutes.

Thanks Cam for hosting again, you are a great motivator!!!

5/1: 20 minutes treadmill

20/800

And of course, as a newbie, I have a question already. :laughing: Do we count everything as exercise (as in yardwork, etc.) or only dedicated exercise (ie: weight training, treadmill, etc.)? If we count everything, then I set my goal really low!

Hmm, I'm kind of a newbie too but my understanding of it is that it is your own challenge to yourself so you set the rules. Personally I don't count most things like yardwork or house work or cleaning my barn -- these are things I do regularly anyway, and for me the purpose of the challenge is to increase what I'm already doing. I count dedicated exercise and the occasional really tough one-off types of things that aren't every day, eg. on the weekend I was raking gravel. It was really tough, intense work and not something I usually do so I counted it. Hope that helps. :goodvibes

You count what you want as exercise! I count all my elliptical workouts (of course) and I counted yard work last month as some days that replaced my elliptical workout! I'm a massage therapist and could technically count giving massages but I chose not to.

Didn't do anything this morning as the rain woke me up during the night and I just wanted to go back to sleep. I plan on doing 1-2 ab workouts later today as well as the elliptical while watching Biggest Loser tonight!

Happy May Day!

Getting a good start to my month and hoping it (A) pays off and (B) starts a new trend for me. Got up and started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred today! In the first circuit I seriously thought I was going to die, but I got stronger as the workout went on and I feel awesome. Going to make it part of my daily routine!

New total:

30/1400

Getting a good start to my month and hoping it (A) pays off and (B) starts a new trend for me. Got up and started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred today! In the first circuit I seriously thought I was going to die, but I got stronger as the workout went on and I feel awesome. Going to make it part of my daily routine!

New total:

30/1400

Totally feel the same way with the first circuit and by the last one I am doing jumping jacks and butt kicks like a pro! LOL! Maybe I'll do it tomorrow for a boost! All the lunges end of bothering my knees so I can't do it too many times!

I am in for 800. Thanks!

:welcome: Colleen!

I'm in for 900 minutes this month. If I don't aim high, I'll have another not on fire month. Thanks Cam!

CC

CC - I am so glad you are here. I'd miss you if you hadn't joined us this month. :hug:

I'm going to try for 2500 minutes again this month, but I'm going away for the last week and a half or so of May, so I'll keep up and then disappear towards the end.

Be sure to post when you get back from your trip, too, to finish out the month (when the time comes). :)

After months of trying to catch it just right at the beginning of the month, I'd love to join for May!

I'm going to set my goal for 1200 mins again (only this time I have a whole month to do it in :))

Happy Exercising!
~Beth

Beth - So glad you are back! :goodvibes

Cam, thank you again for hosting this month. I *might* try hosting in June, of course, without your finesse and aplomb.

I'll try 2000 again. Thankfully, my pup loves to go walking, which definitely helps with those minutes. I will be at WDW all next week - woo hoo! I am planning to wear my pedometer and I might try to log my steps, divide them into miles walked, then calculate how much time it usually takes me to walk that many miles. Then again, I might decide that's way too much math and just skip next week.

Also, next week is my first Run Disney race - the Expedition Everest Challenge!!! Still can't believe I'm doing this....here's hoping and praying that this cold that's threatening to take over my sinus cavity gives up on me.

Debbie - In case I forget to say it when it gets closer, good luck on the EEC!!!! How exciting! Oh, and I hope you'll try your hand at hosting in June. I think you'll love it. :goodvibes

Hi everyone. I'm new over here as well. We started C25K today! My plan is to walk on the other days. So I think 1000 minutes is a good realistic goal. :)

I will look forward to hearing what you think of C25K. My friend and I did it together years ago before I hurt my knee, and now she has used it to train for a 10 miler that is next weekend. It is a great training program. :thumbsup2

I'm in for 1200 again. Hope to get close! It will be difficult with losing morning use of the elliptical next week when my parents arrive. Hope it's a bit warmer outside in the mornings!

Tracey - I remember when you've faced this issue in the past, and you always found other ways to get in the minute. That was so impressive. You are determined and a great example for me. :hug:

I'm in again! I'll say 1700 again, but since I haven't made it the last 2 months, that may be wishful thinking. Ah well. DS2 has to be at school at 6:30 AM for choir rehearsal, so I think I'll start my day off with a short walk before I have to go to work. Since I am subbing I will miss my usual long walk.

Happy Moving, Everyone!!

Great plan!

I'm definitely in this month! I actually saw progress last month for the first time ever. You guys are good motivation.
In 20 days last month I managed 730 minutes which averages out to 36.5 minutes per day. I want to push myself a little more this month, start to see some real results so I'm going to aim for 45 minutes a day avg. which, with rounding up a little, means my goal is...

Great way to look at it and an awesome goal!

Hi, Shelley! You got some great answers already, but I'm going to second the response that it is your challenge to yourself and you should count what you want. I do agree that the stuff I do normally (taking the stairs in the parking garage, cleaning around the house, being on my feet for hours cooking and going up and down the steps) just don't do it for me for challenge minutes. I feel like I only want to count the stuff that is unusual. For example, this weekend, my husband is doing the Pittsburgh marathon and I know I'll do a lot of walking around the city to scream team for him and going to the start and finish, so I will count those minutes of walking.

Hi Everyone! I'm going to try again for 800 minutes.

Thanks Cam for hosting again, you are a great motivator!!!

5/1: 20 minutes treadmill

20/800

Nice start to the month! :cool1: Great job!

Hmm, I'm kind of a newbie too but my understanding of it is that it is your own challenge to yourself so you set the rules. Personally I don't count most things like yardwork or house work or cleaning my barn -- these are things I do regularly anyway, and for me the purpose of the challenge is to increase what I'm already doing. I count dedicated exercise and the occasional really tough one-off types of things that aren't every day, eg. on the weekend I was raking gravel. It was really tough, intense work and not something I usually do so I counted it. Hope that helps. :goodvibes

Great response!

You count what you want as exercise! I count all my elliptical workouts (of course) and I counted yard work last month as some days that replaced my elliptical workout! I'm a massage therapist and could technically count giving massages but I chose not to.

Didn't do anything this morning as the rain woke me up during the night and I just wanted to go back to sleep. I plan on doing 1-2 ab workouts later today as well as the elliptical while watching Biggest Loser tonight!

Happy May Day!

:goodvibes

New total:

30/1400

Nicely done! I have seen some amazing before and after photos on myfitnesspal posted by people who did 30DS. It sounds like a great program. Can't wait to hear what you think as you go through it. :thumbsup2

I'd like to join. I'll go for 1100 mins as my goal for the month. that should be enough for 30 mins of exercise a day (I'm doing 30 day shred), plus 4 hours for the half marathon I'm doing on Sat.

Kinda excited to have an attainable mini-goal to work toward. Thanks for doing this!!! :-)

Wow, it sounds like a lot when you add it all up...

Hi, I'm new! DH and I are celebrating our first anniversary at WDW in June, hooray! Unfortunately I bought all my summer clothes last year before the wedding, when I was skinny(er)... and now I'm not sure I can wear any of them! Haha.

This is great motivation, thanks for setting this up!

As of today (may 1) I'm at 35/650! woo hoo!

I'd like to join. I'll go for 1100 mins as my goal for the month. that should be enough for 30 mins of exercise a day (I'm doing 30 day shred), plus 4 hours for the half marathon I'm doing on Sat.

Kinda excited to have an attainable mini-goal to work toward. Thanks for doing this!!! :-)

Welcome! Glad you are here. Good luck on your half marathon! Have you done the 30 day shred before? I hope you'll post about your workouts throughout the month.

I'd like to join if at all possible. :) If so, I'd like to join the 1200 club too! :)

Welcome, Angie!

Wow, it sounds like a lot when you add it all up...

Hi, I'm new! DH and I are celebrating our first anniversary at WDW in June, hooray! Unfortunately I bought all my summer clothes last year before the wedding, when I was skinny(er)... and now I'm not sure I can wear any of them! Haha.

This is great motivation, thanks for setting this up!

As of today (may 1) I'm at 35/650! woo hoo!

Great start! :thumbsup2

Well, I think I'll just keep myself set at 600. If I do major yardwork or something like that, I may count it ... but washing dishes or riding the mower isn't something I would ever count anyway :laughing:

5/1: 35 minutes treadmill

35/600

Had to keep telling myself "Suck it up, buttercup!" today. Don't know why, was just having trouble getting motivated. :confused3 The "shorts and bathing suit at Disney" self talk got me an extra 5 minutes :thumbsup2

Walked the dog today also, I feel great! I'm going to have to start every morning with Jilian and the 30DS because I am so full of energy!

New total:

90/1400

I'll jump in.

1600 minutes for the month... my first run of the month today covered 55 minutes of that!

Ted

Well, I think I'll just keep myself set at 600. If I do major yardwork or something like that, I may count it ... but washing dishes or riding the mower isn't something I would ever count anyway :laughing:

5/1: 35 minutes treadmill

35/600

Had to keep telling myself "Suck it up, buttercup!" today. Don't know why, was just having trouble getting motivated. :confused3 The "shorts and bathing suit at Disney" self talk got me an extra 5 minutes :thumbsup2

LOL! Another dear WISH friend, Rose, posted a photo of a new bondiband the other day that said "Suck It Up, Buttercup!" and I LOL'ed. Very cute!

Off to a good start, I did 72 minutes walk/run on the treadmill today.

72/1200
:)

Nice start!

Walked the dog today also, I feel great! I'm going to have to start every morning with Jilian and the 30DS because I am so full of energy!

New total:

90/1400

I am happy for you and impressed!

I'll jump in.

1600 minutes for the month... my first run of the month today covered 55 minutes of that!

Ted

:welcome: Great start to the month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter