May Exercise Challenge- 38,344 minutes!!!

1035/1200 walking, elliptical and crunches

Well, I won't make it this month to my goal but I did better than expected!

Oh well!

TTFN :tigger:

1080/1200 I will have to see if I can squeeze in another 2 hours later today. Hoping to walk the track during soccer practice for 90 minutes tonight. Got a headache this morning but I still walked for 45 minutes around town. Saw 9 bunnies!

I havent checked in here in forever, and I can't even remember my goal minutes or my current minutes, but I did get 22 mins in last night on the treadmill! It was the start of ToT Race Training Season, so I had to get it in.

I think it's time to do this: *holds up three fingers, Girl Scout Promise style* On my honor, I will try, to work out every day, to stick to my training program, to stretch after every workout, and to reach my goals for June.

There, I said it. Now I have to do it!!! On to the June Thread I go!

Looking forward to sharing your journey there! :thumbsup2

Weights/Cardio circuits at the gym today.

Dang, is it hot outside!

Great job! Yeah, I did a training walk on Monday in 91 degree weather and it reminded me why I don't like training for summer or early fall endurane races. LOL! It was HOT!!!

I am at 1644/1600. :goodvibes

I will probably run again tomorrow, but don't know if I will have time to post.

I haven't posted much this month but that added pressure of wanting to make my goal kept me on track. We were traveling for 9 days and did tons of walking, rented bikes, went kayaking twice and ran once. I love it that it is just assumed now that our vacations will be active. :)

Thanks for running the challenge this month Cam!:goodvibes

Great job, Rose!! Oh, and my pleasure!

Thanks, Cam! :thanks: Next half is Sandpoint (Idaho) Scenic Half in September, followed by Wine & Dine and the Donald. :donald: Is the DL Half your next half?

I'm super impressed by all the folks going over their goal this month! :cool2:

Lisa, I am really impressed by how many red and lime and lime+ challengers we have. What an awesome group! Yes, the Disneyland Half is my next endurance race. Somehow I got talked into doing a 5k this Saturday. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Howard must have caught me at a weak moment. ;) Jealous you are doing the Wine & Dine. I don't think we'll make it to WDW this fall. :( Looking forward to seeing you in January!

37 minute run today

1571/1500

Great job!

Just 30 minutes today. C25K W5D2. I swear the app was going to have us do the same 3 sets of 5 minute jogs I did on Monday but nope! Two sets of 8 minutes! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though. Friday will be 20 minutes with no walk breaks!!!

I stopped working out during the day on C25K days and that made a big difference. I can push my self the other 4 days a week. I also got new running shoes. I actually bought men's running shoes for the extra width. I always have a hard time finding shoes wide enough and honestly, who cares they are black with orange trim :scared:, they fit great, lol.

1525/1400

Congrats on finding shoes that fit!! I am waiting on delivery of two new pairs I want to try. One of them is New Balance Minimus men's and the colors are so ugly!! I am hoping that in this case, it is better to feel good than to look good. :)

Had a good day today to make up for Monday.

30 minute walk (on the treadmill, it's pouring rain out!)
20 minutes of yoga
30 minutes free step on the Wii Fit.

New total:

1340/1400

It's going to be down to the wire, but I can make it to my goal tomorrow!

One more hour to go. That is great! :thumbsup2

1035/1200 walking, elliptical and crunches

Well, I won't make it this month to my goal but I did better than expected!

Oh well!

1080/1200 I will have to see if I can squeeze in another 2 hours later today. Hoping to walk the track during soccer practice for 90 minutes tonight. Got a headache this morning but I still walked for 45 minutes around town. Saw 9 bunnies!

With everything you had going on this month, Tracey, I am so impressed with all those minutes! :hug:

Great job!! :thumbsup2

-------------------------
I tweaked something in my left elbow yesterday during my torture session with K., so I took it easy and just did the bike (rather than rowing or elliptical) this morning. Not quite the great calorie burn I wanted, but every little bit helps. :)

My new total is 1955/1800.

Well I stuck to my guns and ran late on Tuesday night. Then I walked my senior dog to get an hour on the books! Yesterday I walked at work with my walk buddy then took a long commuter walk to my car after work.

New total: 745/800! I am due to run tonight so I should squeak it! :)

Hope everyone else is ON TRACK!

Yesterday I did 30 minutes wt machines and 30 minutes cardio
Today I did 30 minutes wt machines and 45 minutes cardio

1090/1200

So close, but still I didn't make it! I'll try harder next month!

Alright... final update for May

Double taekwondo class last night: 105 minutes.
10K run before work today: 75 minutes.

Total for the month

Total for the month: 1787/1600!

Ted

Great job! Yeah, I did a training walk on Monday in 91 degree weather and it reminded me why I don't like training for summer or early fall endurane races. LOL! It was HOT!!!

Yup - here in the Deep South, it takes waking up pretty early if you want to train outside during the summer. I'm in class this summer so maybe that'll happen... we'll see! Bring water with you for sure if you'll be outside!!!

In fact... today I opted to walk on the treadmill instead! More because we had a thunderstorm this morning and I didn't feel like running in mud (my usual route is through grass/dirt). The incline feature was a nice challenge and I kept my HR within my aerobic zone for a great majority of the time, which means I'm getting healthier. :banana:

I also did some ab work, totaling 42 minutes.

Last night I walked 60 minutes to bring my total up to:

1095/1200

I still have tonight, but I think I'm going to fall just a little short of my monthly goal. No worries, I'm proud that I stuck to it and it just gives me more ammunition for next month. :thumbsup2

- Laura

Wow!! Check out the first post!!! We have SOOOO many challengers who got beyond 50% of their goal. :banana: And look at all those challengers on fire! :woohoo: And soo many people have hit their goal or surpassed it. You guys ROCK!!! :cheer2:

I can't wait to see all the rest of the posts for minutes through the end of today. I'll be sure to continue to update as they get posted. :goodvibes

Looks like I'm a little late to the party. Will you all be doing this again for June? If so, I'd love to be a part of it!:)

I walked yesterday after the sun went down and it cooled off. 85 minutes
Then danced around my living room for another half hour.
new total 1148/1200
Amost there!:yay:

Ending the month strong! 70 minutes. 35 yoga, 20 min 30 day shred and 15 minutes weights .

1595/1400

1125/1200 mowed the lawn...going to walk for 90 minutes at soccer practice so I will meet goal!!!!! Yeah me!!!!!

120 more minutes moving, packing boxes and things for our office move. I will be glad to see the movers tomorrow morning.

Which brings me to 1255/1200

Cam, I am looking forward to seeing you in January! :flower3:

Great job to all our participants and all those folks showing the WISH spirit! :cool1:

Well, I logged in a 50 minute walk today, bringing my May grand total to:

1145/1200 :banana:

Since it was my first exercise challenge and I had nothing to base it on, I am pretty darned happy with my total, even though I fell just a little short. :thumbsup2

- Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter