MAY Countdown!! This is it, folks

On airplane right now :)

Our current plan is 14 nights at the fairfield inn.

7 full days at disneyland. 2 days at universal studios, and 2-3 days at
Knotts berry farm !! :)

wow 14days wow good luck, my son is sad were only doing 4 days in park lol

I hope you guys have a blast we will be there in 4 days

Enduring the post-Disney letdown. I got home around 7:30 this evening, traffic was icky in LA and Sacramento and there was more construction than there was on the drive down. I'm going to do a trip report tomorrow, with pictures!

Enduring the post-Disney letdown. I got home around 7:30 this evening, traffic was icky in LA and Sacramento and there was more construction than there was on the drive down. I'm going to do a trip report tomorrow, with pictures!

Hmmm, I might just hop on 99 this trip. 99 is closer to me anyway. Sounds like it might be less of a hassle. I would hate to run into traffic in the middle of the night because only one lane is open or they happen to close both lanes for a while.

4 days left.......Yipeeeeeee!

We leave tomorrow for Sacramento from NJ, to spend a couple of days with our son, will then be at the Grand Cal Villas, May 30-June 1, can't believe it's finally time to go!!

Hmmm, I might just hop on 99 this trip. 99 is closer to me anyway. Sounds like it might be less of a hassle. I would hate to run into traffic in the middle of the night because only one lane is open or they happen to close both lanes for a while.

4 days left.......Yipeeeeeee!

If you're driving at night I wouldn't worry about it too much. My drive was right through the worst part of the day, and it only added an hour to the trip. I love road trips, but I hate driving through LA.

If you're driving at night I wouldn't worry about it too much. My drive was right through the worst part of the day, and it only added an hour to the trip. I love road trips, but I hate driving through LA.

Yea but 99 is still right next to us so we can just jump on there and follow it down till it meets up with 5. Doesn't add any time at all.

Driving down with wife and kids tomorrow after work from San Jose and staying at GCH for 3 nights. Last trip before Carsland opens, after that we'll probably wait a month or two for any Cars madness to settle down before the next visit. Also, stinkin' Lakers got eliminated so can't do the usual Laker playoff game + Disneyland combo trip this time around :( Have fun everybody!

Just wondering on others experiences with grad day? We've had a rough day each day that has been a grad night. I kept an open mind going in to it but this evening I felt totally robbed of my Disney experience as with my other night. We paid a lot of money for this trip and we are not impressed

Just wondering on others experiences with grad day? We've had a rough day each day that has been a grad night. I kept an open mind going in to it but this evening I felt totally robbed of my Disney experience as with my other night. We paid a lot of money for this trip and we are not impressed

I have two on my trip next week so I will be sure and report back what my experience is. Not sure if this will make much of a difference in how I view the experience or not but I am a HS teacher and deal with teens all day. At the very least it makes me go in not dreading the kids.

Man tell me about it. I am bummed the Lakers shot themselves in the foot.

Hey you're from Sac ... that makes you more of a "traitor" then me for being a Lakers fan :) But yeah the way this season ended was worse than last year IMO, at least last year you knew it was over and there weren't any "what if's" and "if only's". I'll be sporting all my Lakers gear around DLR this weekend anyway! :thumbsup2

My grad night was at Disneyland (this was back in 1996, although it feels like yesterday, I swear!) and to be honest I do recall us being pretty raucous in the park. Let's just say that we didn't exactly take into consideration the fact that it's a family attraction, but hey, what can I say, we were young :( But the upside is that I don't think we really "got going" until late in the evening. I'd expect daytime to be pretty sane, and at night time there will probably be pockets of raucous teens, but nothing too crazy (that all happens back at the hotel if memory serves). I'm headed down tonight and there are a couple grad nights this weekend of course so guess I'll see what it's like from the "other side" of things now.

We just got back yesterday, and had an awesome trip! However I really, really did not like all of these teenagers. The grad night kids were all completely fine and mostly respectful, it was the band/orchestra/choir kids that got completely out of hand. There was a music festival going on when we were there and it was insane, these kids were anywhere from 7th-12th grade. There was a crazy amount of cutting in line going on, and sooo much cursing, pushing, and their chaperones did not care one bit! At space mountain an entire group of them cut in front of everyone. There must have been 16 or 17 kids that joined up with like 2 of their friends that were ahead in line. I was so surprised no one behind them said anything, to them or the cast members running the ride. The worst of it was when we were in line for the haunted mansion, a bunch of these kids were screaming and running past everybody, cutting in line. This one guy jumped over one of the bars trying to get in front of everybody, and he kicked my elbow which knocked him to the ground and he cursed at me. At that point my boyfriend had enough and literally pushed through the line, grabbed the kid, dragged him over and made him apologize. And he's a big guy so I think he scared some sense into that kid.
It got to the point were we talked to a guy at City Hall about it, and he pretty much said there was nothing they could do about it. We asked when the music competition would be over, so the kids would be gone and he told us they have groups like that up until the end of June. So if you're leaving soon make sure to watch out for the kids, usually they're wearing matching shirts and there's huuuge groups of them. :(

Why? what happenned??...
editing: I just read yoy93 and now I get it. How rude!! I understand they're kids, but without their chaporones correcting them... well! The cutting in line is dreadful, I can't believe it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter