may 23 4 day on Wonder

Greytlady, I am a night person but the sunrise is so beautiful and the mornings on board so quiet and peaceful that I am one of the first up to enjoy! Actually I am usually the first in line at the buffey.lol. Nothing like breakfast outside at sea!

Deweysgirl, pack? this weekend? me? lol! I will be throwing things in a suitcase the night before we leave and just hope I have everything. Really, you won't need as much as you think you will.

Tiggergranny, looking forward to the meet on Sunday. We will not be bringing our life jackets. They are a bit bulky and awkward. That is one of the great little things about cruising. Everything is so close at hand in your room that it is very easy to run back for something. No need to carry much around on board. I know you mentioned you have a cane so I realize that you cannot run. Maybe you could just send DD and her kids back for them.

Donna

Hi everyone

Only 4 days left for us before we head toward Florida on Friday. I packed & shopped & packed all weekend. Just can't make myself take out 50%. Guess it depends on how much "stuff" you plan to buy on the cruise to wear on the Cruise.

I've had trouble staying asleep. Keep waking up much too early. I think its all the excitement. This will be my first cruise.

Tigergranny, this is to confirm that we still plan to be at Grills' around 4 or 4:30 on Sat. We will probably have to drag the kids away from the pools at Ron Jon! But maybe the idea of seeing the Disney Magic will help!

See yall all very soon!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

Jeez, I must type slow! DCLADDICT just got in two posts to my one!

Boy do I need a vacation. Cannot believe how I spelled "buffet" in my last post. Actually I think it was a typo. But no excuse because I proofread at least three times.

Donna

Hello all!

We have not started packing yet but I plan on packing on Thursday. We are busy with the end-of-the-school-year festivities. My youngest brother is graduating from high school so we have been celebrating that also.

I looked at the forecast for Cape Canaveral on Sunday and it looks good! Only a 30% chance of rain with temps at 85/69. As DCL Addict mentioned, Nassau does not look good on Monday at this point but things can change. I am not going to worry about it!!

TiggerGranny: My family of 4 will be at Grills. Thank you for organizing this!

:wave2:

Its not going to do any good to worry about the weather. Besides it could change a bunch of times before Sunday!
Ummm, perhaps I should run out and buy some of those $1 ponchos, just in case it is not :sunny:

Say SeLa SeLa--anyone know how to spell that?
:o

I've got my DD almost packed. I hope to get my DS packed tonight. I figure I'll be the last minute person. Only a few more days. With the rain we've been getting lately, I'm going to have set aside an evening to cut the yard before I leave. Time is starting to fly by.

My DS10 had his awards ceremony today - made the honor roll with all As. :D

I don't plan on bringing the lifejackets to the meet. Our room is on deck 7 and figure we'll just stop on the way to the drill. They do get bulky and sometimes smelly. But I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Wow 65 people in our group - we have really grown. Tiggergranny - you are a doll for arranging everything and our nametags. Thank you!

I hope to be able to find postcards before we leave. I've been shopping but haven't seen any from Gainesville, GA yet.

Good news!!!

My DD6 got her cast off today!! She has to take it easy for the rest of the week but the doctor gave the OK for her to resume normal activities on Sunday.:bounce:

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers.

We are cruising THIS WEEKEND!!!

Great news, seastar!

I'm getting so excited that I keep checking these boards instead of getting things done. Oh well, I always say that half the fun of traveling is looking forward to it.

Happy for your little DD seastar!:goodvibes

Congrats to your DS on all A's greytlady!:goodvibes

We're getting great vibes all over the place! Still have a few things to buy like watershoes, underwater camera and the postcards! I am washing and packing and shopping like crazy!:crazy:

seastar - I'm so happy your DD. I know she'll be happier without it.

I found Georgia postcards at Publix today.

seastar...I know that you are so relieved that your daughter got her cast off! What perfect timing!:sunny:

tiggergranny...Do you think that we could meet at 4:30 instead of 4:00. I promised my DC that we would enjoy the slide and lazy river at Ron Jon's when we arrive. These both close at 5:00 and I know we will not arrive before 1:00. After check-in, changing, and settling in, this will not leave a whole lot of time!:teeth:

I have been ironing almost everything that I pack, although I am not sure if this will do much good. It has been so time consuming and I am not finished yet. There are so many things going on this week; ballgames, 2 honors days, 1 awards ceremony, ballet, end-of-year school parties, discipline-free cook-out, and ironing and packing. There are also normal everyday activities. :crazy2:

WE ARE SOOOOOO EXCITED!!! 5 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! WOO-HOO!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Carol It will probably be around 4:30 before we can get to Grills for the same reason. We may have to drag the youngest out of the pools but maybe the promise of seeing the Magic will help ease the pain.

I've found that if you give children a 10 or 15 minute warning before they have to stop what they are doing, they are less likely to cry and get upset. It seems to be easier for them. Just by saying, we have only 10 more minutes to swim seems to help! At least that used to work with my grandson when he was outside and I'd tell him that he had to come in and get his bath in 10 minutes.

Ron Jon's told me that check in time was not until 4 pm but that we could use the facilities when we arrive. It kinda bothers me wondering if our luggage will be safe in our car while we swim! I guess we can always haul around our carry ons just like we plan to do on Sunday on the ship.

I'm going to contact them and schedule another night there, May 27, Thursday when we get off the ship so we can extend our vacation a little before we start our drive back to TN! Do you know about the 102 code? I've heard you can save 10% if you mention it, but I was wondering if you have to present any documentation when you check-in or if it was just an advertising code? Does anyone know? I need to contact them very soon.:confused:

LIKE I SAID, THE WEATHER IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN NASSAU! THE FORECAST IS NOW DOWN TO 40% CHANCE OF RAIN, DOWN FROM 60% AS OF YESTERDAY! NOT THAT WE WILL LET IT SPOIL OUR FUN, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE GREAT WEATHER. KEEP THOSE PRAYERS GOING UP FOR NICE WEATHER!! SEE EVERYONE SUNDAY AT 3!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :

Carol36: I am going to iron everything before I pack it too! I know some of the clothes will get wrinkled but I'm hoping a few items will look OK. Anything that is too wrinkled to wear we are going to send out to get pressed. I believe the price is half that of the dry cleaning price. I REFUSE TO IRON ON VACATION!!!!:D

4:30 at Grills is good for us too.

On the Bahamas form, what did you put for the "Intended Stay(Nights)". I wasn't sure what to put there. Does anyone know?

I picked up some nice St Petersburg postcards from Eckerds for our postcard exchange.

Thanks for the weather update, DCLAddict. Things are looking better!

See ya real soon!!::MickeyMo

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU PUT ANYTHING ON THAT SECTION SINCE WE ARE NOT STAYING OVERNIGHT. I MESSED UP ONE OF OURS AND GOT A REPLACEMENT FROM OUR TA, AND THE NEW FORM DID NOT EVEN HAVE THAT SECTION ON IT, JUST CRUISE INFO. I BELIEVE THAT IS THE WAY WE DID THEM IN THE PAST, UNLESS SOMETHING HAS CHANGED.:wave2:

IT IS OFFICIAL; MY WIFE HAS GIVEN THE GO AHEAD WITH PACKING, AND HAS STARTED AT THIS VERY MOMENT. FRIDAY WILL NOT COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME. IF I HAD MY PREFERENCE, WE WOULD HAVE STARTED OVER THE WEEKEND, BUT SHE TAKES CHARGE OF THIS, AND WE JUST FOLLOW ORDERS. SEE YA'LL REAL SOON!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I've started packing for the kids. I just found out today that my DD11 has a final exam Friday (6th grade middle school). Oh well, we'll just be hitting the road right after her exam is over instead of first thing. I had wanted to get to Orlando before dark - now I'm estimating arrival around 9pm if traffic goes well.

4 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

It's still so hard to believe that our cruise is almost here! Where has the time gone?!?!

We are looking forward to meeting everyone!:sunny:

Carol:wave:

First I'm so glad your daughter got her cast off, she got her first hit of pixie dust.

Second, don't worry about Grills, just get there when you can, sailing is at 5 as far as I know then we can eat. They are not the most co-operative restaurant I've ever dealt with but everyone tells me the food is great. They are going to have music playing so it may be hard to talk we may have to scream at each other, but I hope not.

Haven't started packing yet, going to do it as soon as I finish here.

I don't care what the weather is like we intend to have a ball, just as long as the seas aren't to rough.

See you all on Sat. or Sun. and be safe traveling--I will say alittle prayer for all of you.

Hi everyone!

I'm bursting with excitement here. DH and I will be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for WDW. Better go finish laundry and packing while DGD is napping.

See you all on Sunday. Everyone have a safe trip!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter