may 23 4 day on Wonder

tiggergranny

Mouseketeer
This is our first cruise, yea!!!
I will be cruising with my daughter and my 3 grandchildren. This is a very special cruise for us and really needs all the "pixie" dust we can get. When I get home I will need to begin "Kemo" treatments, so I want this to be a cruise for my family to "remember". I think my 3 grandchildren would like to know someone before they leave, so hope maybe someone will be able to answer this.
Dustin is just turning 10 in May, he like computer games, gameboy, magic.
Tyler is 7--he likes his gameboy, soccer and just having a good time.
Ashley will turn 5 on the cruise and like princesses and all things little girls like.
Thanks for letting me ramble, it keeps my mind busy. I love these boards they have become like friends, even though I've never met any of you. You brighten my days. thanks

:wave2: I have been checking everyday for May 23rd Wonder and finally found someone else that is going. We have 4 children. DS15,DS13,DS11,DD8. Although there is a year and 3 months difference in age, his interests are the same as Dustins.
This will be our first also. We can't wait!!!!!! :Pinkbounc I am like you...these boards are great!!!!:teeth: I know that you dread chemo treatments, but at least you do not have to take them before your trip.(if that is any consolation) :happy1: I know that our cruise will be here before we know it!!!!!!:cool1: Maybe we will see you there!!! Carol:wave:

I quess we will have a lot of room to spread out since no one else seems to be going.

Would one or 2 or your sons like to e-mail and talk to my 2 grandchildren to get to know each other before the cruise?

Dustin--just turning 10 and Tyler 7
my e-mail address is : smidget32@hotmail.com
Have a good day. Melanie:earsboy:

My 11 year old would love to email your grandsons. I will have him do this over the next few days, as our computer is pretty much off limits to my children, unless I am able to keep an eye on them while they are online. Call me over protective!! Thanks...Carol36:wave:

We will be there too!!! Our first Disney cruise and first cruise ever for our DDs.

Me-36
DH-40
DD- will be one month shy of 9 when we cruise
DD- will have just turned 6 when we cruise.

Our girls love anything to do with princesses. They love jewelry, reading, swimming and dressing up.

We will be staying at the Radisson the night before. We do not have to travel far but we wanted to have a leisurely morning before boarding.

We hope to meet you all!! God's blessings to you!!

My DD, who will be about 3 weeks shy of 9 when we cruise, has the same interests as your daughters!! As you have probably read, we also have 3 DSs, 15, 13, 11. I am 36 and DH39, but by the time our cruise gets here, we will have to add 1 to each!!!:( Can you believe that we are now in double digits now!!!!!! I guess it's time to :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Tiggergranny...my son will try to email tomorrow.

We hope to meet all of you, also.

Carol36

As it gets closer, we should setup a time and place to meet onboard so we won't miss each other. I know my daughters would love to have a buddy. Let's keep in touch!

Carol, when is your DD's birthday? Mine will turn 9 on June 21.

Are either of you staying at the Radisson on May 22?

I can't believe it is getting so close!! We booked in April 2003 so it has been a long wait.

We are staying at Ron Jon Resort instead of Radisson. We had a room on hold there until I saw all that Ron Jon's has to offer. Wow! We are going to leave early and relax on the 22nd. Ron Jon's is only about 6 miles from the port.

SEASTAR, my DD's BD is June 14. I forgot to mention that my sister and her family are coming, also. She has DS10, DS9, andDD(6 on March 26). We should schedule a time before the cruise to meet onboard! That would be fun.

We can't wait!!!:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

:wave2: Carol

I told my daughters about the other girl cruisers and they are excited!! My girls will be separated in the clubs so they are looking forward to meeting other girls their age.

We need to pick a place and time to meet on the first day. I will see what other cruisers have done but if anyone has a good idea that will be great.

This is fun!!! :wave:

On a thread on the cruise forum, many people think the Promenade Lounge is a great place to meet. For a 4-day, someone suggested 3pm on embarkation day(Sunday). That way the kids can meet right away. One drawback to this is how busy it is on the first day. Anyway, it is one idea we can think about. We are planning on arriving at the port at 10:30 so we should have everything (lunch,ressies,unpacking,swimming) done by 3:00.

I think meeting the first day is the best, I will be looking forward to it.
I have a question, my grandaughter Ashley will turn 5 on the cruise, she loves the princesses so we are going to leave her with the 3-4 ages because I think that is the only place they have one on one with the princesses. What age is your 6 year old going into?
94 days and counting.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

My DD6 is going in the 5-7 group. She loves princesses too so we are hoping she will get to see many of them. We will definitely attend the princess party.

We should make firm plans for the meet as it gets closer. I cannot wait!!!!:earsboy:

:) 3:00 on embarkation day sounds great to me! We are planning on being there around 10:30 that morning also. . Seastar, my DN6 will also be in the 5-7 group. She loves the same things that your daughters love. My DD8 is also excited and wondered if she could email your DDs. What princess party are you refering to and when is it?

Tiggergranny, my DS is enjoying emailing your DGSs. He is really looking forward meeting them on the first day.

Carol36

I understand that the princess party is a time to take pictures and get autographs from all the princesses. It is usually in the morning one day in the Atrium Lobby. Many report that this is VERY popular and people begin to line up about 1/2 hour before. I know my girls would be in heaven to see all the princesses so we plan on attending. The Navigators will give all the specific info for our cruise.princess: princess: princess: princess:

:wave2: seastar...Thanks for the infor on the princess party. My DD and DN will be thrilled with this. We will plan to attend this event! On the other hand, my DSs will be nowhere to be seen!

Can you believe that we have been in double-digits for 10 days already?!?!?!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Carol36

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :earsgirl:

Today is the big one 90 days and counting.

My grandaughter Ashley thinks it "neat" because her brothers write to some one, I will send out her e-mail and maybe one of the little girls will be able to write to her. carmancrew4@wmconnect.com. Thanks.

Tiggergranny...I will get Olivia to write Ashley within the next few days.

I cannot believe nobody else on these boards is going when we are?!?!!?

We have less than three months to go!!!:Pinkbounc

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

:wave: Carol36

I keep thinking the same thing Carol!!! I went to disney.com and put in our date and only a Cat 4 came up as available. I think that may mean the cruise is pretty full but I am not sure. I do know one thing for sure: We will have fun no matter how empty or full the ship is!!!!

If there are any other Dis Boarders out there who are sailing on the May 23 Wonder please say hello!!!

I cannot wait to meet all of you!!!

When I look at other sailing dates, there are multiple pages of people going on the same cruise! Maybe we will have the ship all to ourselves!:teeth:
I know that my family is so excited and can't wait!!!:bounce:
I have read the threads about teenagers and how much fun they have. That is a relief because we have 2.

I guess we will have only three families for our DIS meet!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo We will have fun regardless, but the more the merrier!:sunny:

seastar...Sorry that my daughter has not emailed yours. We need to make the time to do this soon.

If there is anyone elso out there that is sailing May 23, we would love to know!:)

:wave2: Carol36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter